• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

VQCRz_zps15fcc7d2.gif
You can feel free to send Kyle Rudolph to the Giants if you're done with him.:D

VD is a better blocker. Look at the numbers.

And you had no meaningful rush yards against us. All came in garbage time. But I suppose that game was all you can be proud of from this past season because your team sucked dick and couldn't even make the playoffs despite playing in the worst division in the league

Gronk is an even better blocker.

squicken

You really think he's that good? I know the 'Next Wes Welker' think is always there because he's a shifty white guy, but how do they really compare? Can he also line up on the outside?

He can't be covered 1v1 on short routes. Can't be pressed. Peterson, Sherman. When those guys tried it he made them look stupid. But he's a slot guy. Had some success on the outside, but that's really as a change of pace. Peterson may miss on his jam, but he'll just turn around and catch up within 10 yards.

He's not a #1. Borderline though. Kind of like GB's WRs. None are a true #1. But there are enough of them that are really good #2s that it works

Draxal

And you had no meaningful rush yards against us. All came in garbage time. But I suppose that game was all you can be proud of from this past season because your team sucked dick and couldn't even make the playoffs despite playing in the worst division in the league

What numbers? PFF's isolated numbers that pretty much everybody ignores? 49ers rushing yards vs Giant's rushing yards total?

And yeah, like you I saw my team lose to the Ravens in a superbowl this century, but my team has actually won it as well, twice I might add.

Bowser

I'd venture the Chiefs going with either Floyd or Milliner at this point at #1. True, they could take someone like Joeckel or Fisher and start him out at RT with the eventual plan being a move to LT, but I think they'll end up with a bigger impact by strengthening their defense. I'd assume Tyson Jackson is gonna be cut at some point, no? I believe Floyd is athletic enough and has the size to play 3-4 DE, correct? Could be the move...

effzee

There's so many directions the Eagles can go. You'll get a boost to the offensive line with Peters returning and some others getting healthy. You can hope for Watkins to develop into something for you. Tackle would be an obvious choice but...

It seems like you'll be cornerback desperate if Nnamdi does in fact get cut and DRC goes into FA. Millner could make sense at 4 if that's the case. Dion Jordan at 4 makes sense as well for the defensive line stud.

LB, S are also big needs but the talent isn't there for either to be chosen that high...

Well just by need alone CB, S, and LB is higher than Dline but would have no issue taking an DE or DT at 4 and then taking a CB or S from a deep secondary class in this draft.

S Elam in the second round would be grand. Milliner, Floyd, or Jordan at 4 would be instant infusion of talent.

CB Boykin is likely one of the starters. 2nd year man who they are really high on.

He can't be covered 1v1 on short routes. Can't be pressed. Peterson, Sherman. When those guys tried it he made them look stupid. But he's a slot guy. Had some success on the outside, but that's really as a change of pace. Peterson may miss on his jam, but he'll just turn around and catch up within 10 yards.

He's not a #1. Borderline though. Kind of like GB's WRs. None are a true #1. But there are enough of them that are really good #2s that it works

Interesting was it him that pretty much single handily won the 9'ers game? Really sucks that he can't stay healthy. He's probably too expensive for the Patriots if he really wants all that money.

Since we're talking receivers, had some spare time today and started watching some Woods videos, I kinda like the guy, he runs super crisp routes and gets seperation that way instead of with his speed, I can see Bill trade down from the first for an extra second rounder and pick Woods and a CB. The only thing that bothers me is that Woods had the slowest 3-cone at the combine, Bill really loves the 3-cone drill.

squicken

Interesting was it him that pretty much single handily won the 9'ers game? Really sucks that he can't stay healthy. He's probably too expensive for the Patriots if he really wants all that money.

Since we're talking receivers, had some spare time today and started watching some Woods videos, I kinda like the guy, he runs super crisp routes and gets seperation that way instead of with his speed, I can see Bill trade down from the first for an extra second rounder and pick Woods and a CB. The only thing that bothers me is that Woods had the slowest 3-cone at the combine, Bill really loves the 3-cone drill.

He tore SF up. Actually had a big punt return and long pass called back b/c of Rams.

Did Woods work out at the combine? Results aren't there http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/robert-woods?id=2540169

Im tired of route runners.I want a burner.

Talon

It seems like you'll be cornerback desperate if Nnamdi does in fact get cut and DRC goes into FA. Millner could make sense at 4 if that's the case. Dion Jordan at 4 makes sense as well for the defensive line stud.

LB, S are also big needs but the talent isn't there for either to be chosen that high...
I do not understand the Dion Jordan talk in the media at all. I've seen a ton of Ducks games over the past 7 years, and he's a guy that never popped out to me.

I do not understand the Dion Jordan talk in the media at all. I've seen a ton of Ducks games over the past 7 years, and he's a guy that never popped out to me.
LJ covered that a bit in the other thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48174448&postcount=444

His combine performance has helped shoot him up the draft boards but he was already rated pretty highly before hand.

Ziggy Ansah is raw as they come but some have him as the top DE prospect right now based on his freakish athleticism and not so much his game tape. We'll see how it plays out on draft day.

What numbers? PFF's isolated numbers that pretty much everybody ignores? 49ers rushing yards vs Giant's rushing yards total?

And yeah, like you I saw my team lose to the Ravens in a superbowl this century, but my team has actually won it as well, twice I might add.

Lol so one game? We had a good ypa that game but Alex threw it away. Hey Eli threw 4 ints one time! Worst qb ever!

And who gives a shit what you did 8 years ago or whatever. The current giants team is a joke !

Milchjon

Whenever I read/hear the word "Chiefs" I think "barbecue". It's a weird little link in my head. And now I'm hungry again...

I want to punch Tanenbaum in the mouth

Gay back with the Settlers? Party time for all their opponents!

Edit: Think ill keep that autocorrect

jbug617

Banned

You realized Gronk didn't play in that game right.

Godslay

Banned
Chiefs looking good. Hopefully it translates to the field and some makes for some good divisional games. It's nice to get the wins when a divisional rival is garbage, but it doesn't make the games fun.

TheFatOne

I'm excited for the Pats to sign no one of consequence, and then trade down in the draft to pick up players that won't be on the team 2 years from now. I can't wait to see one of the worst defenses in the NFL once again this upcoming season.

I'm excited for the Pats to sign no one of consequence, and then trade down in the draft to pick up players that won't be on the team 2 years from now. I can't wait to see one of the worst defenses in the NFL once again this upcoming season.

I think the Pats will be active this off season.I hope so at least.Trading fot Talib showed they want to win now so maybe they sign some guys.

Talon

Unfortunate time to fuck that up.

I totally think girls could be kickers. Friend of mine in HS was the star soccer player. She could boom off a tee about as well as the actual kicker.

jakncoke

Banned
Unfortunate time to fuck that up.

I totally think girls could be kickers. Friend of mine in HS was the star soccer player. She could boom off a tee about as well as the actual kicker.

Well when you dont warm up and wasnt there rumors she was asking advice on kicking? I dunno one has to ask how much effort she actually put into this.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We'll probably see a woman kicker in our lifetime. I don't know of you'd want one doing kickoff a though (of course Goddell might change that!). So there won't be one until he gets his way and you don't have the possibility of a girl tackling somebody.

WedgeX

Banned
Well when you dont warm up and wasnt there rumors she was asking advice on kicking? I dunno one has to ask how much effort she actually put into this.

Its nice to see that the NFL is allowing women to put in the same effort that jbust once did.

jakncoke

Banned
We'll probably see a woman kicker in our lifetime. I don't know of you'd want one doing kickoff a though (of course Goddell might change that!). So there won't be one until he gets his way and you don't have the possibility of a girl tackling somebody.

This could probably tackle something

buff+girl.jpg

bionic77

Lol so one game? We had a good ypa that game but Alex threw it away. Hey Eli threw 4 ints one time! Worst qb ever!

And who gives a shit what you did 8 years ago or whatever. The current giants team is a joke !
You never listened. I told you that joke teams win in today's NFL. That is why I was afraid of a Ravens win in the SB. Quite frankly the Niners had too much talent to win it all.

Eli looks like he finally got his cherry popped though so the Giants window might be closed. They should trade him before people figure out he lost his most valuable power. Once he started having sex he is basically just Romo now.

Godslay

Banned
6 episodes into Downton Abbey season 1. As a grown ass man sometimes I feel like I am watching a soap opera, but goddamn is it good.

Godslay

Banned
I just cant watch Downton Abbey.

I know that feeling. It looks dumb, but sucks you in. It's right below Breaking Bad in the ability to suck you in and keep you hooked. You should watch it Gator, it's worth it. Only 1 season on Netflix though, good thing they have season 2 on Prime.

6 episodes into Downton Abbey season 1. As a grown ass man sometimes I feel like I am watching a soap opera, but goddamn is it good.

I'm three episodes into season 2, and it's just a good show. I try to tell friends to watch it, and they want to know what it's about. Halfway into the explanation, they say "no thanks."

Top Bottom