• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

effzee

Eskin is always wrong about everything.

Still I don't doubt they will release him on the 12th when no extra clauses kick in.

Sucks I had such high hopes with him on the team. Reminded me of the pick ups of Kearse and TO and how that catapulted the team to a SB contender.

bionic77

With Wallace on the roster the Dolphins might put up more than 0 points against the Pats next time!

bionic, your thoughts on Wallace?
If he comes to play and in the right offense he can give you two long bombs per game. More if your defense gets you the ball quickly. He never really developed into a good route runner though. Not a consistent guy for picking up first downs or going over the middle. You need another player to do that. He also pouts when he does not get his stats, but what receiver doesn't...

Def need a run game and a good qb to open things up for him and get him the ball.

He really fell off the Earth last year for us. I don't think he is a sure thing but it is a good signing for the Phins.

squicken

Couple of Stevie Johnson things

-Janoris Jenkins, echoing Revis or Sherman, said Stevie was the hardest guy he had to cover. But said he ran "cornflake routes". I have no idea what that means

-Stevie is trying to recruit people to BUF. Jennings told him he wants to play where it's warm, and Bowe re-signed, so now he wants Brandon Gibson. Quite the step down

ag-my001

I know mock drafts are valuable only for actual mocking, but I swear the Ravens will lose all the good will built up by winning the SB if they take Te'o. My hope is it was actual disgust on Harbaugh's face during that 40 run.

If he comes to play and in the right offense he can give you two long bombs per game. More if your defense gets you the ball quickly. He never really developed into a good route runner though. Not a consistent guy for picking up first downs or going over the middle. You need another player to do that. He also pouts when he does not get his stats, but what receiver doesn't...

Def need a run game and a good qb to open things up for him and get him the ball.

He really fell off the Earth last year for us. I don't think he is a sure thing but it is a good signing for the Phins.
Yeah, that sounds pretty close to how I feel about him. There were quite a few times last season when Hartline would get some separation on a streak and Tannehill would overthrow him slightly. The thing is, just about every one of those would have been caught by a guy like Wallace. If Tannehill continues to develop, the o-line holds up without Long, and Hartline continues to produce this could be a pretty solid offense. Exciting times ahead!

There is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to big name free agents so if this happens I'm just going to try and stay optimistic until I have a reason not to be.

Also, if the Phins sign Wallace I'd guess there's basically no chance of them taking a WR with their first pick, but Wallace, Hartline, and Patterson would make for a potentially amazing WR corps.

Couple of Stevie Johnson things

-Janoris Jenkins, echoing Revis or Sherman, said Stevie was the hardest guy he had to cover. But said he ran "cornflake routes". I have no idea what that means

-Stevie is trying to recruit people to BUF. Jennings told him he wants to play where it's warm, and Bowe re-signed, so now he wants Brandon Gibson. Quite the step down

Probably an indictment on his route running.

ChanHuk

Banned
I think that is a lock. I cant see many teams wanting to pay him, and he seemed to enjoy his time with the Raiders.

The new regime isn't going to sign him. Maybe if Mark were to intervene but Reggie is building a long term team, out with the old, in with the new. Not to mention they're still in a budget crisis this season. If Nnamdi were to sign for 2-3 mill this season, I can see Reggie signing him, otherwise one can only hope.

The new regime isn't going to sign him. Maybe if Mark were to intervene but Reggie is building a long term team, out with the old, in with the new. Not to mention they're still in a budget crisis this season. If Nnamdi were to sign for 2-3 mill this season, I can see Reggie signing him, otherwise one can only hope.

Eagles are on the hook for $4m to him this year no matter what. Anything extra he gets is just gravy. I really think where ever he signs it will be for next to nothing.

Talon

Classy statement from Abraham.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Arthur Blank, head coach Mike Smith, (president) Rich McKay, (director of player development) Kevin Winston, (general manager) Thomas Dimitroff, my position coach Ray Hamilton and every staff member for seven great years with the Atlanta Falcons Organization.

To my teammates over the last seven years in Atlanta; a huge thank you for the great memories, which I will never forget. It was an honor and a privilege to line up on Sundays with each and every one of you during my career in Atlanta.

Last but not least, I want to thank the fans of Atlanta for their tremendous support ‘Rising Up to Defend the Dome’ and for being the best fans in the NFL! I look forward to playing a few more years in the NFL, but will always be a part of the Atlanta Falcons organization.
Great guy that the fans loved. He came in with a reputation for being a malcontent due to not wanting to play with an injury in New York, and he was known for running past plays. Definitely changed his image with us.

Came in here and improved his run defending considerably, and he was highly productive. Definitely the best non-draft move that Rich McKay made before he was asked to take a back seat.

Will miss the Predator.

BigAT

When the only two organizations you've been a part of are the Jets and the Falcons, of course the other is going to seem like the classiest one in the NFL.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've only been following the drafts for the last 3-4 years but wow it really is wide open this year with where players could end up.

No consensus #1 is the best type of drafts I have decided!

I've only been following the drafts for the last 3-4 years but wow it really is wide open this year with where players could end up.

No consensus #1 is the best type of drafts I have decided!
I've been seeing Dion fall to us, McShit even had him fall to us on his newest mock on ESPN. Depending how FA goes we could actually have some good LBs for once.

Well I think it's that time of year again bros.

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL MOCK DRAFT. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Only doing 1 round this year - every year people ask for 2 rounds and every year the second round dies 10 picks in, with Futurevoid and LJ providing 9 of them.

eznark

Banned

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL mock draft. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Only doing 1 round this year - every year people ask for 2 rounds and every year the second round dies 10 picks in, with Futurevoid and LJ providing 9 of them.

I'd like to see a more public collaboration between fan bases. Hash it out for us all to read then decide.

Then we taunt you.

Also, are we trying to mock what we think our teams are actually going to pick or are we just mocking what we want for our teams? The reason I say that is that at times it appears folks are picking based on who they want and not the reality of how their team generally drafts. Does that make sense?

Also, are we trying to mock what we think our teams are actually going to pick or are we just mocking what we want for our teams? The reason I say that is that at times it appears folks are picking based on who they want and not the reality of how their team generally drafts. Does that make sense?

It does.

I think you should discuss that amongst your teams. Better to do it that way. Also it's a little more like a War room in that regard - debating whether to go for the assumed pick vs. your desire.

For what team? Don't assume I know what team you root for.

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars -
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX
6. Browns - BlackGhost
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills -
9. Jets -
10. Titans -
11. Chargers -
12. Dolphins -
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers -
15. Saints -
16. Rams - squicken
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd
18. Cowboys -
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears -
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) -
23. Vikings -
24. Colts -
25. Seahawks -
26. Packers -
27. Texans -
28. Broncos - Godslay
29. Patriots -
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers -
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry

Draxal

Ayup, we all want a lineman, but unless he's super versatile it's not happening.

Then again, he bucked the trend by picking Wilson (I liked him better than Doug Martin, but it's because of McCoy envy on my part and I thought he was going to go in the second as well).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Eat it once again Buffalo!

http://buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130305/CITYANDREGION/130309579/1109

A furious fourth-quarter rally mounted by New York State officials – including a top aide to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo – has fallen short in keeping the film “Draft Day” in Buffalo.

The movie, which was to depict Kevin Costner as a fictitious Buffalo Bills general manager trying to restore his team to past glory, will now be shot in Cleveland instead, with the actor portraying the Cleveland Browns GM.

The big reason, said Tim Clark, who heads the Buffalo Niagara Film Commission, was economics.

WedgeX

Banned
I'll help with LionsGAF.

annnd Lions news! DeAndre Levy got signed to a four year deal.

mlive said:
Detroit Lions general manager Martin Mayhew can officially put a checkmark by linebacker DeAndre Levy's name.

Detroit re-signed the fourth-year linebacker to a multi-year deal, according to the team's website. Terms of Levy's new contract have not been disclosed.

He is definitely a better MLB than outside...but he did tackle a lot last year. Unfortunately he's just average outside.

Roto:
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports free agent DT Desmond Bryant is on the Browns' "radar"
The recently-arrested defensive tackle would be an intriguing fit for new DC Ray Horton's aggressive 3-4 defense. An under-the-radar force in Oakland last season, Bryant is unlikely to be back with the cap-strapped Raiders.
Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot # Lions DE Cliff Avril, 20.5 sacks the past 2 yrs, is on # Browns radar in free agency. # Browns DL coach Joe Cullen developed him as rookie.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Browns to "make a run at" free agents Paul Kruger and Cliff Avril.
Both would be fits in new DC Ray Horton's aggressive 3-4 defense. With Kruger's pass-rushing chops still up for debate, Horton's blitz-heavy scheme would be a nice landing spot. Each player should have robust markets, but Avril's price tag will be steeper.

Interesting

Draxal

GRRM, the notorious Giants/Jets fan has this to say about Eli.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mo...game-of-thrones-sports-podcast/#ixzz2MmjLRd00

SI.com: For you the Starks are heroes, and you told us a couple of months ago that they would be the NFL equivalent of the Giants since the Giants are your team. If we extrapolate this, who is Eli Manning in your universe?

Martin: Eli Manning would probably be someone like Loras Tyrell, the Knight of Flowers, who has a bigger brother, Lord Garlan Tyrell, who is an even better swordsman than he is (laughs). So you have that brotherhood relationship there.

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL MOCK DRAFT. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

You know I'll represent the Cards as always. Also, I couldn't participate in Rd 2 last year because we didn't have a second round pick ;) Point made though. Maybe we can do the first round and then do a role call count and if we can get everyone that participated in the first round to verbally (text) commit to another round, do it then. I guess we don't need to worry about that until the first round is over anyway. Definitely do it after FA, that can change everything.

Any Cards fans looking to collaborate? Major Lazer? Pigeon was perma'd, right? Lazer, you can PM me if you're interested.

Milchjon

You know I'll represent the Cards as always. Also, I couldn't participate in Rd 2 last year because we didn't have a second round pick ;) Point made though. Maybe we can do the first round and then do a role call count and if we can get everyone that participated in the first round to verbally (text) commit to another round, do it then. I guess we don't need to worry about that until the first round is over anyway. Definitely do it after FA, that can change everything.

Any Cards fans looking to collaborate? Major Lazer? Pigeon was perma'd, right? Lazer, you can PM me if you're interested.

Really? Sad. He could never keep himself in check though, it seems.

Really? Sad. He could never keep himself in check though, it seems.

That's what I heard and I haven't seen him post in forever. He also got banned often so wouldn't be surprised :( I see him post every so often on the official Cards forum. I'll have to see if I can get a hold of him.

Top Bottom