• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

49ers released Shankers

If they don't try and keep Revis then their was no reason to keep Rex or Sanchez around.

I think it's just down to Woody not willing to go full rebuild. He should have fired Rex. Not the guy you want steering a rebuild

Brisel is gonna either be traded or used as our pulling guard this season. Carlisle did it under Hue in a PBS. Huff has restructured, Palmer is Hue's mess while DHB and Kelly are again under Al. As for Routt, he offered nothing but a cancer in the locker room. I have faith in Reggie, this is first real offseason I suppose. Allen was/is too green, but you had to look at the roster he had; his most moronic thing was Knapp.

What was his deal? Just rumors or specific incidents?

Brisel is gonna either be traded or used as our pulling guard this season. Carlisle did it under Hue in a PBS. Huff has restructured, Palmer is Hue's mess while DHB and Kelly are again under Al. As for Routt, he offered nothing but a cancer in the locker room. I have faith in Reggie, this is first real offseason I suppose. Allen was/is too green, but you had to look at the roster he had; his most moronic thing was Knapp.

When did Huff restructure? Palmer's current contract is all on Reggie. DHB and Kelly could both be cut and would give us about 10 mil to play with, I think, not entirely sure. Routt I believe could have done well under Allen and Tarver, and it would have been cheaper to keep him, cap wise. Anyway I just think there's more that could be done, but we'll see what happens. I kinda think Mark might pull an Al and fire both Reggie and Allen if we don't see a little improvement this year.

What was his deal? Just rumors or specific incidents?

He just bitched about the coliseum locker room falling apart and shit like that. He didn't really have any incidents that I know of, maybe being known as Al's boy.

Well I think it's that time of year again bros.

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL MOCK DRAFT. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Only doing 1 round this year - every year people ask for 2 rounds and every year the second round dies 10 picks in, with Futurevoid and LJ providing 9 of them.

I won't try to share BlackGhost's thunder for the Browns pick.

I'll draft for the Buccaneers. They were my adopted team 96-98

ChanHuk

Banned
Routt has always been a me type first. He completely disappeared after he became the #1 and got paid. Palmer's current contract was restructured by Reggie because what else could he do? Your past regime gave up a 1st and a 2nd for him.

Huff restructured a couple weeks back, it's still not a cap friendly contract.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Interesting

responder.gif

WedgeX

Banned
Interesting

Seems like the Browns have the money that Avril so desperately wants. Not money that I'd prefer the Lions to spend.

Best of luck, BrownsGAF. Here's what PFF had to say about his year.

PFF said:
Cliff Avril

2012 Grade: -11.6
2012 Snaps: 708

Summary: If a year with the franchise tag worked well for Anthony Spencer in Dallas it was less beneficial for Cliff Avril in Detroit. While he bagged double digit sacks for the second straight season, his overall productivity was down and his run defense was as ineffective as ever. Part of this can be attributed to the Lions’ defensive scheme which was much less effective this year than in 2011 (it wasn’t just the Eagles who suffered a downturn playing this scheme), but at the end of the day Avril simply didn’t perform in his “show me” season.

So now the question for Avril will come from Detroit and, should he hit the open market, from the rest of the league; “Why didn’t you go out and earn that big contract this season?” Avril clearly has talent as a pass rusher but his pass rushing grade is well down on his high-water mark of 2010 (+23.7) and teams will need to dig a long way back to find a reason to justify giving him a really big contract. He has age on his size and a track record of being able to get after the quarterback and finish plays so someone should pay him, but they will have work to do to help him re-discover his best form.

jakncoke

Banned
So the top rated qb on the market from 2012 has a +2.5 and less than 100 snaps in Matt Moore XD. lol at Brady Quinn being a -12.8 last year. Such a bad FA qb class

Edit; Mike Wallace going to get among the top FA money yet is like 25th on those ratings from last year production

squicken

So the top rated qb on the market from 2012 has a +2.5 and less than 100 snaps in Matt Moore XD. lol at Brady Quinn being a -12.8 last year. Such a bad FA qb class

Edit; Mike Wallace going to get among the top FA money yet is like 25th on those ratings from last year production

Wallace has an obscene number of big plays. Not many teams can dink and dunk downfiled. Nice to get those 20+ yard chunks. He'll be over-payed, but FA WRs are expensive now at the top end. Look at what Vincent Jackson did for Freeman's career. Garcon had a huge impact on the Skins offense when he was healthy

jakncoke

Banned
Wallace has an obscene number of big plays. Not many teams can dink and dunk downfiled. Nice to get those 20+ yard chunks. He'll be over-payed, but FA WRs are expensive now at the top end. Look at what Vincent Jackson did for Freeman's career. Garcon had a huge impact on the Skins offense when he was healthy

lol dat 7-9 record and 54.5% completion, did finally get a 4k season.

jakncoke

Banned
D'Anthony Batiste OT for the Cardinals last year had a rating of -38.6 lol

Larry Foote -12.4 sounds about right

William Gay was -9.9 and ofc we brought him back

Casey Hampton -9.4

squicken

I'd love to have Wallace on the Rams. Who are you gonna draft Squicken?

Guess we'll have to wait for FA dust to settle. Appreciate any of your thoughts if you are around. Really like Hopkins at WR. The problem is we don't know if Quick will turn out okay or not. Givens is solid. He's basically our Mike Wallace. But going Hopkins is giving up on Quick. I guess if Danny goes then they have to look at Austin. If they don't address TE, then Eifert also.

I just get the notion that all this talk about guards will still result in Warmack going in the 20s. Cooper will go high b/c he can play center. As much as the Rams need OL help, I don't think their will be a RT where they want to pick one at. Can address guard later

Coughlin on Manti Te'o:

"Just strictly football, strictly evaluating -- I don’t really know the player other than looking at him on tape," Coughlin said on NBC Sports Network's The Crossover. "We didn’t interview him in Indianapolis. But he didn’t play well in the national championship game. Now anybody can have a bad game. He ran OK but it wasn’t great. So I’ll have to do more research on him, but at this point in time you’re asking me would I be surprised (if he's there at 19)? No."

Fox318

Why don't they do a soft launch for stuff like this? Have people who buy in get a lotto to get into a beta or pre-release game. This way you don't have a crazy demand on your servers day one.

cajunator

Banned
There you are. I was afraid you'd eaten some bad crawdads.

yesterday was a bad day.
something happened in my family on march 5, 1993 and every subsequent one is a reminder of it and I get a little depressed.
however there was also the Geneva autoshow and some neat cars were unveiled so it made the day a little better.
still depressing as fuck though :(

yesterday was a bad day.
something happened in my family on march 5, 1993 and every subsequent one is a reminder of it and I get a little depressed.
however there was also the Geneva autoshow and some neat cars were unveiled so it made the day a little better.

Sorry to hear that man.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
yesterday was a bad day.

Sucks. Nothing worse that opening up old wounds.

jakncoke

Banned
Ill just say that three closed caskets was a lot to take for an 11 year old.

yesterday was a bad day.

damn that sucks, also 11 in 1993 you're such an old in todays terms lollll

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
is it me you are looking for?

I can see it in your pants
I can see it in the locker room
You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, buttfumble

ek5A0.gif

cajunator

Banned
I can see it in your pants
I can see it in the locker room
You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, buttfumble

ek5A0.gif

I just laughed seriously loud in the office.
Everyone is looking at me now.

mr2xxx

Banned
Winston was cut! Shanny and Bruce better get a jump on that. A top 5 RT who excels in the ZBS when we had one of the worst RT this season.

Top Bottom