• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

RBH

Two or three “legitimate buyers” are prepared to make a trade for perennial Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis when free agency and the trading period begin on March 12th, the Daily News has learned.

The NFC champion 49ers, who will have 12 tradeable picks in next month’s draft and a glaring need for a top cornerback, are interested in trading for Revis sooner rather than later, according to sources. The Falcons, who lost to the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game, are also considered a team that could emerge as a player in the Revis sweepstakes.

By acting now, new GM John Idzik could jolt the NFL landscape in the coming days and reshape the future of the wayward franchise before an already select market for Revis shrinks.

But it appears to be only a matter of time before the Jets part ways with their most valuable asset.

“He’s gone,” a source familiar with the situation said Tuesday. “This is happening. They’re moving him. They can’t keep him. They’re rebuilding. They’re starting fresh.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/buyer-island-jets-teams-hook-revis-article-1.1280612

eznark

Banned
I just got the dragon, how much more do I have?

You were right about Ni no Kuni by the way, it's great. Did you end up finishing it?

I really need to get back to that and finished it.

The 'Lights is pretty awesome. This is like the perfect highlight show. No fluff, no nonsense, no "witty" banter. Just show me the fucking highlights.

I'd be so sad to see Revis leave the division. About as sad as I would be if the Jets drafted Barkley with the pick they'd get for Revis.
I want to see the best players on division rivals stay around until they are well past their prime and end up doing nothing but sucking up cap room and hurting their team on the field. For example, Brady should play for the Pats until he's at least 50 or so.

Yeah I passed the game on the weekend. I can definitely rate it as one of my favourite games in the last few years.

But glad you're enjoying it.
Good to hear. It seems like some people burned out on it towards the middle (mostly because of the companion AI I think?) so I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me. I've put in about 12 hours so far and I'm loving it, though. It feels good to play a classic JRPG with these insanely good production values.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good to hear. It seems like some people burned out on it towards the middle (mostly because of the companion AI I think?) so I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me. I've put in about 12 hours so far and I'm loving it, though. It feels good to play a classic JRPG with these insanely good production values.

I had almost no problems with the AI in battles. I kept reading how people would freak out about all their guys dying in boss battles instantly.

My people didn't die for the most part or if they did it was literally right at the end when victory was assured.

I want to see the best players on division rivals stay around until they are well past their prime and end up doing nothing but sucking up cap room and hurting their team on the field. For example, Brady should play for the Pats until he's at least 50 or so. .

Barkley is more elite than Revis.

Plus, you don't want Brady to play 'till he's 50 because that would mean no more division titles for you guys for the next 15 years.

Barkley is more elite than Revis.

Plus, you don't want Brady to play 'till he's 50 because that would mean no more division titles for you guys for the next 15 years.
I'm with you in that whatever has to be done for Barkley to end up on the Jets needs to happen. That would be fantastic.

And the Dolphins don't need help from Brady to lose the division, thank you very much.

eznark

Banned
Who doesn't like Andrews?

Schefter is reporting that Welker will not sign with New England before testing the open market.

squicken

Schefter is reporting that Welker will not sign with New England before testing the open market.

And Florio is projecting Amendola to NE on MSNBC. Love the silly season. I mean why would some team give the Jets two high picks just for the honor of paying a serial malcontent like Revis, coming off an ACL tear, 15m/yr?

squicken

I really hope this doesn't happen. I don't want to have to hate Amendola. If the Patriots pick up a good receiver or two and Gronk/Hernandez stay healthy that team will be scary next season.

The thing is Amendola is even worse from an injury standpoint that Gronk or Hernandez. Are the Pats going to go into the season with their top three guys having issues staying healthy?

edit: Jason Cole said on STL radio that SJAX to ATL is basically done. Deal was "basically set up at the combine"

effzee

And Florio is projecting Amendola to NE on MSNBC. Love the silly season. I mean why would some team give the Jets two high picks just for the honor of paying a serial malcontent like Revis, coming off an ACL tear, 15m/yr?

That is the starting point. No team is giving up 2 high picks or maybe even a first round pick. Maybe at the very bottom of the first round, in which case 49ers might make sense.

I think they move him to a team that packages a 2nd and 3rd this year and a conditional next year.

Falcons.

2 things on Welker.

1. I'm still reading that he re-signs before FA really starts. He'll just talk to other teams now, but they don't think he'll actually hit the market.

2. Welker his main problem with the team is how they pretty much made him the 4th/5th option. Behind Hernandez, then Gronk, then Edelman and maybe even behind Lloyd. Wasn't it for these first 3 guys their injuries, he wouldn't have been as involved as he was last year. That brothers him apparently and I understand that. Personally I want him back, he's a great guy, and puts everything out there, yes there are some drops, but Megatron dropped a lot of balls as well and I don't hear anybody about him. Plus Welker goes over the middle all day, with the constant threat of being blown the fuck up, add that to the fact that he got targeted 20 times a game and you will get some drops.

So, pretty much the same as the last 15 then?

Yes, I know they won the division in 2008

They aren't proud of that title, because they know both Brady and Favre had to get injured for them to win it.

squicken

Rather have Austin than Cruz.Rather have Welker than both.

I think Cruz is the smart move. The Pats need to win now. Can't wait a year as Austin gets acclimated to the NFL. Welker is aging and doesn't score TDs or hit long plays. Cruz fits NE's inside the numbers game while also providing a vertical stretch

BigAT

Sounds like Nnamdi is getting released.

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin
I'm told #eagles will release CB Nnamdi Asomugha 2day after 2 yrs w team. He was to make 15 million this season. He does get 4 mill #fox29

Edit: GTFO Futurevoid

Nnamdi is gone.

Howard Eskin @howardeskin

I'm told #eagles will release CB Nnamdi Asomugha 2day after 2 yrs w team. He was to make 15 million this season. He does get 4 mill #fox29

EDIT: Posted at the same time, heh.

Milchjon

Fox-Sports-1.jpg

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/FOX-Sports-announces-FOX-Sports-1-network-030513

There are too many sports announcers/analysts/talking heads in the world.

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE!!!
:jnc

As for Revis to the Niners:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Via @mortreport: 49ers' interest in trading for Jets CB Darrelle Revis is ".001 on a scale of 1-10," a source said via text message.

A few tweets came through stating the Falcons interest was also very minimal.

EDIT: Nnamdi not being released today according to Jeff Mclane:

@Jeff_McLane: Contrary to a report, the #Eagles are saying Nnamdi Asomugha is not being released today.

Eagles cant release Nnamdi until the 12th or else an extra clause kicks in and they would have to give him even more money. Caplan said if he is released before the start of free agency an escalator kicks in and his money owed would be more then the $4m. Surprised Eskin didnt know that.

squicken

As for Revis to the Niners:

A few tweets came through stating the Falcons interest was also very minimal.

It just doesn't make sense b/c he has to be paid as well. If you view a veteran's salary as the market value for his production, in a sport with a hard-ish cap, throwing in a draft picks suddenly makes the player a negative player

I'm really curious what the econ guys do as they start pouring over QBs and their salaries. Yes, Brees is awesome. But how awesome is he at 20m/yr? I view this as a case where GMs may not act in the team's best interest but their own. Letting a QB go will get them fired, but maybe the cap relief and extra picks are worth it? No GM is going to roll those dice.

I like PFT's follow-up tweets to this

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
The speed with which the Eagles have refuted to every local and national reporter the @howardeskin report on Nnamdi is amazing.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
If the Eagles' players moved as quickly as the front office just did, the team wouldn't have been 4-12 last season.

brentech

Had to have hvac guy come out. Furnace has been moaning and squeaking recently. Turns out the 2 motors are almost dead

It's a 2001 furnace so not real high efficiency rating. Like 75% or 80% of gas used actually creates usable heat.
Decided to let them replace it. New one will be 95% efficient.

Might have them look at my AC while installing the new furnace. Generally those die off first, probably can't expect it to last much longer.

Top Bottom