• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Broncos update:

#Broncos issued RFA P Britton Colquitt w/ ROFR-only tender, no compensation. Could get interesting.

ROFR is Right of first refusal only or original draft round compensation, which carries a cost of $1.323 million.

jakncoke

Banned
At least you got Gay back!

tumblr_m7dhkfW5iI1r3huu1.gif

So why is everyone in a frenzy tonight about free agency? Doesn't it start on the 12th?

Yeah im not sure what people on about

Yeah with the new agreement teams are allowed to negotiate with players three days before free agency officially begins.

You will hear some official moves this weekend.

JABEE

No problem. I think it was YH that told me about it last year. That play with Wallace where he just flies by the Giants defense on the slant is amazing. Just destroys angles that FS try and take on him. What a weapon if his head is on right

Very impressive. He will probably be in for a huge pay day though.

I wonder if there will be visits tonight. I remember in 2009 when I was really hoping the Eagles signed Julius Peppers, but the Bears snapped him up. This is one of my favorite times of the year. Can't wait!

squicken

I wonder if there will be visits tonight. I remember in 2009 when I was really hoping the Eagles signed Julius Peppers, but the Bears snapped him up. This is one of my favorite times of the year. Can't wait!

It starts at midnight EST, but only between agents and teams. No player contact and no visits until the 12th. Can't talk to RFAs or players without agents until Tuesday. Terms can be agreed to, but nothing signed until the 12th. Agents can't functionally agree to a deal and then shop it. They'd forever lose their ability to deal with teams b/c they couldn't be trusted

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Working 6 days a week is kinda annoying :p, I guess I can just call it preparation for working all of June

You want me to make a call to Pizza Hut management?

I'm kidding. I don't eat Pizza Hut.

And I know you don't work there anymore. Calm down, bro.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
PFT is saying Joe Haden told them Darrelle Revis is the number 1 CB in the NFL and then coming in at #2 is him not Richard Sherman. :eek:

PFT is saying Joe Haden told them Darrelle Revis is the number 1 CB in the NFL and then coming in at #2 is him not Richard Sherman. :eek:
Good. Confidence out of your starting CB is a good thing. I'm surprised he ceded the #1 position to Revis.:D Sherman is a loud mouth and talks too much trash for his own good but I like the swagger...

What are the Eagles plans going to be tonight. I think they should try to improve on the offensive line. I'd bring in Adrien Wilson to see if he can help our problem at safety. Anybody is better than Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman. The Eagles have over 30 million in cap space. Let's get to work.

What are your plans YankeeHater, Brinbe, and Xeke?
Halo 4 most likely. I will check the NFL news at somepoint though. One day we need an Eagles/Flyers/Phillies GAF meetup. Get drunk complain about stuff.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/03/dashon_goldson_expected_to_be.html

Interesting.

Peter King is saying the Eagles may be interested in Amendola.

I would be so happy with that move. He would be a huge upgrade over Avant when healthy.

cajunator

Banned
psh you said you work 7 and get 7 off. much different then doing it every week! although you work 12s right?

Yes 84 hours is the average. But usually I come in 15 minutes early and leave up to 30 minutes after 6 so its closer to 13 hours a day. Its basically 2 weeks of work crammed into a week and we get a week off in between. Usually. But for the last three years pretty much I have been working at least one extra day on my off period and sometimes up to 3 extra.

Any Arizona QB getting attention is ridiculous. Why the hell would anyone pay Hoyer and give up a 2nd on top of it?

It's a combination of really weak FA pool for QB's and that Hoyer only played one game, the last one, and played fairly well which was against the Niners. This was with barely any time on the roster or time to learn our offense. These are the optimistic straws you clutch at when you're desperate. As to why we put such a high price on him? That's because we want to keep him. That would be amazing if some team was stupid enough to give us a second for him though :0

jakncoke

Banned
Yes 84 hours is the average. But usually I come in 15 minutes early and leave up to 30 minutes after 6 so its closer to 13 hours a day. Its basically 2 weeks of work crammed into a week and we get a week off in between. Usually. But for the last three years pretty much I have been working at least one extra day on my off period and sometimes up to 3 extra.

Id rather have that than work 6 days a week, get 1 off then work 6 more. Thats only 4 full days off a month. Oh well extra money.

effzee

I don't think another wideout is what the Eagles need...

Yeah exactly.

Julius Peppers could have been had but the Eagles didn't value him as much as the Bears did. Too bad he would have been great opposite Trent Cole.

I would be so happy with that move. He would be a huge upgrade over Avant when healthy.

Oh hell no. Last thing we need is another undersized injury prone WR. Sick and tired of just going for speedy small guys. We need a big physical WR who can actually shed tackles and go across the middle. I'd almost prefer Avant over Amendola. Avant has sure hands and some size compared to him. Plus WR is so far down the list of needs this move wouldn't make any sense.

Focus more on the OTs and Safeties available in the draft. Maybe CB Smith from Miami.

What is the LB FA market looking like?

jakncoke

Banned
I agree. It works out a lot better than you might think.
Its a pretty exhausting schedule though.

Is it just exhausting because of all the issues you gotta figure out? My work is a little mentally exhausting as well because the million dollar machine for resin fill has never had a day where there wasnt at least 5 random problems fucking with production. Trying to figure what now is really annoying.

effzee

Wish list for the Eagles:

1. Ricky Jean-Francois, NT, 49ers
2. Laron Landry S, Jets OR Glover Quin, S, Texans OR Dashon Goldson, S, 49ers
3. Sean Smith, CB, Dolphins
4. Jared Cook, TE, Titans

They have the money and needs to make it happen. None of them would be considered game changers except for maybe Cook but solid pick ups who would start and contribute right away.

Wish list for the Eagles:

1. Ricky Jean-Francois, NT, 49ers
2. Laron Landry S, Jets OR Glover Quin, S, Texans OR Dashon Goldson, S, 49ers
3. Sean Smith, CB, Dolphins
4. Jared Cook, TE, Titans

They have the money and needs to make it happen. None of them would be considered game changers except for maybe Cook but solid pick ups who would start and contribute right away.

RJF will be back with us! i believe it in my heart

Top Bottom