• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
While overpaying a FA is almost always correct, I don't think they're exactly known for going big on that.
Donte Stallworth might be the last and most prevalent one?

That was before the NFL decided to force teams to get payroll to 90% of the cap or whatever the percentage is. The Bengals will probably also make some questionable signings because they need to spend $20-30 million.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bra, when we're on top kave and all of us are gonna dance your crushed emotions singing Drake songs. No sympathy will be shown
I probably lost Kave at sing drake :/...

Drake-Laugh.gif

bionic77

I read someone suggesting we get Jennings to replace Wallace. Is that even a possibility? I figured he would go for a lot of money.

You aren't missing much.

I think I was more just surprised, since they allow twitter. On an unrelated note I hate the harlem shake more then just about anything in the world. We are getting ready for the science fair next week at my school and all every student wants to talk about is the harlem shake. It is crazy to me how popular it became.

I think I was more just surprised, since they allow twitter. On an unrelated note I hate the harlem shake more then just about anything in the world. We are getting ready for the science fair next week at my school and all every student wants to talk about is the harlem shake. It is crazy to me how popular it became.
What is a harlem shake? I've seen folks mention it but have zero clue what it is (I'm not kidding either). Is this some other shit like gangnam style that I'll find out what it is months after it stopped being "cool"?

Have the Steelers ever signed a big money FA from another team?

The only ones that could fit that bill would be Kevin Greene and James Farrior. But in Farrior's case, the Jets kind of thought he was a bust. Not unlike their only big move for an offensive guy, which was a draft day trade to bring in Bettis. Otherwise, the Steelers usually pick up overlooked guys that kind of blossom into extremely solid starters like Ryan Clark.

Draxal

Would be less fun in pussy mode.

I am a FE vet. I know the mechanics and how to level up my characters so they max out.

Besides Chrom and my avatar Vailke and Cordellia are like one man armies. Somehow Pegasus Knights always seem to become badasses in Fire Emblem. I remember in one of the GBA games my Hector and a Peg Knight were by far the most useful and powerful characters in the game. In those games there was a limit on how much you could level up your characters though. They had arenas but otherwise you had to really manage even the experience.

Ya, both pegasus knights kinda rock in this game, especially since there's no body weight/weapon weight so they can equip all the higher grade weapons. It's annoying in the later missions when everybody and their mothers are archers or have wind magic, and yeah I rembmer boss abuse and healing abuse in the previous fire emblems.

This fire emblem is pretty much designed for the dlc, as some of the decisions are pretty much tailored to dlc (reclassing/unlimited leveling due grinding). I don't mind it so much if it gets other fire emblems over here.

WedgeX

Banned
Well. Guess Delmas is looking unlikely to stay with Detroit.

Detroit Free Press said:
And while Delmas said his preference is to remain a Lion, he compared his situation to a jilted lover.

“I almost feel like a girlfriend waiting at home that’s got a boyfriend that’s cheating on her,” Delmas said. “But it is what it is. I’m trying to see if I can stay at home and get a couple more years out of him.”

So who’s being cheated on in Delmas’ analogy?

“The Lions are cheating on me,” he said. “They’re going to the club every damn night and staying out late night, trying to come back home to Daddy. But it’s all right.”

:jnc

Anybody get Tomb Raider?
*raises hand*

Waiting for Nixxes and Nvidia to release a patch and drivers to correct some of the reported issues before I dive into it.

On the Cruz front, NFL.com has some speculation that the Rams would be a suitor Cruz if/when he gets the 1st round RFA tender:

NFL.com says there is "already a ton of interest" in restricted free agent Victor Cruz, and "plenty of teams are just waiting for their opening."
Cruz is fully expected to be tendered by the Giants at the first-round level if a long-term deal can't be reached by Tuesday, but that might not be enough to deter interested teams. Ian Rapoport thinks "this could be the year someone bites" on a restricted free agent. CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher brought up the Rams as a possibility for Cruz the other day. St. Louis has two first-round picks and could part with one to replace free agent Danny Amendola in the slot.
Better compensation than anything from the Pats or lower 1st round if it were to happen. I have my doubts that anyone is willing to pay the 10million/yr AND give up a first though. We'll see.

Atari Bigby released by the Chargers as well:

John Clayton @ClaytonESPN

The release of Atari Bigby puts the Chargers $12.1 million under the cap. They will clear another $5 million when they release A. Garay

squicken

Better compensation than anything from the Pats or lower 1st round if it were to happen. I have my doubts that anyone is willing to pay the 10million/yr AND give up a first though. We'll see.

Signing Cruz, given his age, is basically just over-paying a WR draft pick, with the bonus that he doesn't have to sit out a year. Or maybe teams view him as unique to the Giants offense

Signing Cruz, given his age, is basically just over-paying a WR draft pick, with the bonus that he doesn't have to sit out a year.
By that standard, the market for Mike Wallace should have been readily evident as soon as he was tendered. Afterall, you're just overpaying a WR draft pick, right? You can argue the subjective quality of the two receivers all you like but the RFA market just has not been proven to work like that. I could be wrong and the market for Cruz could be huge and teams will be offering their first rounder and a 10m/yr contract to get him. We'll see...

I'll take that 22nd pick if the Rams want to give it up.;) (actually it would be the #16 pick since it would have to be their original pick and not what they received from another team if I understand the RFA rules properly).

Top Bottom