• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

Whats his story?

Nothing awful, but he would sleep through or miss meetings and be late for practices. Then he missed some meetings at the combine. Said he was sick, took Nyquil, and passed out

Total goober. Not reliable. But very talented

edit:

question for Giants fans. Do you want:

-Victor Cruz at $12m/yr $35m guaranteed or
-cap space plus 20th pick in draft

edit 2: Osi just said he's going to be defensive player of the year in 2013

cajunator

Banned
Is it just exhausting because of all the issues you gotta figure out? My work is a little mentally exhausting as well because the million dollar machine for resin fill has never had a day where there wasnt at least 5 random problems fucking with production. Trying to figure what now is really annoying.

yeah its a lot of problem solving, dealing with customer calls, fuel allocation, keeping drivers busy and getting them back on time, and also setting up dispatches, dealing with breakdowns and safety calls, answering inventory inquiries and eta requests....all kinds of shit. some dispatchers have drawers filled with aspirin.

yeah its a lot of problem solving, dealing with customer calls, fuel allocation, keeping drivers busy and getting them back on time, and also setting up dispatches, dealing with breakdowns and safety calls, answering inventory inquiries and eta requests....all kinds of shit. some dispatchers have drawers filled with aspirin.

Do you get paid well?

question for Giants fans. Do you want:

-Victor Cruz at $12m/yr $35m guaranteed or
-cap space plus 20th pick in draft
Prefer a higher draft pick in that scenario. Had you said the 16th pick in the draft, I would take the pick and run if a team tendered him with a front loaded 12m/year contract. I can draft a WR (from a pretty good class) and a BPA defensive lineman with two picks in the first round and address both needs. Hell even at the 20th pick, I'd be hard pressed to say no with that RIDICULOUS guaranteed money. No way.

The Giants are not receiver poor. Hakeem back healthy, Randle sparked at the end of the year. Resign Hixon to decently low contract and give Jerrel Jernigan his opportunity in the slot (which is what he was drafted for). We've weathered these types of losses before (Steve Smith, Mario Manningham etc.).

edit 2: Osi just said he's going to be defensive player of the year in 2013
Yeah he said he'd light it up last year, too.

See running back run.
See running back run in Osi's direction.
See Osi turn around wondering where running back went as he runs past the quarterback.
See running back run for 20 yards.
See Osi being Osi.

bionic77

I hope the Steelers sign some good players, but I know better. :(
I don't.

I want us to find some diamonds in the rough. Another James Harrison. And yes I know that is probably impossible but let a brother dream.

Has a high profile receiver in his prime going to another team ever worked? Moss worked but his rep was destroyed in Oakland. I can't think of one off of the top of my head. Hell I can't even remember many great big name free agent signings that put a team over the top. Usually it is the smart teams picking up bargains that seem to make the most of FA.

I don't.

I want us to find some diamonds in the rough. Another James Harrison. And yes I know that is probably impossible but let a brother dream.

Has a high profile receiver in his prime going to another team ever worked? Moss worked but his rep was destroyed in Oakland. I can't think of one off of the top of my head. Hell I can't even remember many great big name free agent signings that put a team over the top. Usually it is the smart teams picking up bargains that seem to make the most of FA.

TO to the Eagles was technically a trade but it definitely put them over the top his 1 year.

I don't.

Welker

squicken

I don't.

Jerry Rice had two 1000+ yard seasons in Oakland. Moss and Chris Carter switched teams, both under odd circumstances. I'd say that both Wallace and Cruz (if he leaves) would qualify as non-traditional team exits. Jennings is the classic bust FA

I know these are famous last words, but, things are different now. You need multiple WRs to work in a league where the ball is thrown 60% of the time. And they need to compliment each other. If a team is taking away a deep guy, then your underneath technician can go off

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
For you guys who don't visit the beisbol thread.
ibkWZ9ZY3rrGY1.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/2012-adjusted-games-lost

Best gambling metric in football: Adjusted Games Lost. Start making future bets soon

Thanks for the link.

This upcoming season I'm going to distribute about $5,000 in different bets throughout the season. In pickem leagues I usually have at least 60% accuracy so with that I'll pull a profit, hopefully.

I've never really gambled so I'm a bit nervous, does anyone else here gamble on football regularly?

bionic77

Jerry Rice had two 1000+ yard seasons in Oakland. Moss and Chris Carter switched teams, both under odd circumstances. I'd say that both Wallace and Cruz (if he leaves) would qualify as non-traditional team exits. Jennings is the classic bust FA

I know these are famous last words, but, things are different now. You need multiple WRs to work in a league where the ball is thrown 60% of the time. And they need to compliment each other. If a team is taking away a deep guy, then your underneath technician can go off
A deep threat does not magically make your offense or team better. It still comes down to the qb. And even if you have a qb if there is no run game, blocking (deep routes take time) or a number two it won't work. Wallace is not good enough to carry a team by himself. But in the right situation for the right price he could thrive.

He would actually be awesome for San Fran and Kap but I doubt they can afford him.

A deep threat does not magically make your offense or team better. It still comes down to the qb. And even if you have a qb if there is no run game, blocking (deep routes take time) or a number two it won't work. Wallace is not good enough to carry a team by himself. But in the right situation for the right price he could thrive.

He would actually be awesome for San Fran and Kap but I doubt they can afford him.

there is 0% chance we can afford him at his supposed asking price or anywhere near it. mike wallace is a pipe dream. he would have to settle for drastically less and why wouldn't he just re-sign with pittsburgh if that was the case?

bionic77

there is 0% chance we can afford him at his supposed asking price or anywhere near it. mike wallace is a pipe dream. he would have to settle for drastically less and why wouldn't he just re-sign with pittsburgh if that was the case?
Hey I didn't say it would happen. I just said your team was one where he would fit!

He ain't staying in Pittsburgh either. He will go to some shit team for 60-70 million. And when things start to to sour he will get all bitchy.

brentech

Deciding if I should build a new PC.
I don't play a whole lot off the consoles, but when I do want to play a PC game I'm starting to feel the pull. Last built my system in 2009.
Still running a GeForce 9800GTX+

Feeling a bit dated. Decisions...

cajunator

Banned
Deciding if I should build a new PC.
I don't play a whole lot off the consoles, but when I do want to play a PC game I'm starting to feel the pull. Last built my system in 2009.
Still running a GeForce 9800GTX+

Feeling a bit dated. Decisions...

I last got a new system that came with Windows vista.
it cant stream well to my ps3 or even play 1080p video without looking like a slideshow.
time for an upgrade.

squicken

SEA would be such a good fit for him. Russ throws a great deep ball, they are a run heavy team, and have a great OL. MIN would be a great fit except Ponder can't throw it very far, and MIA had a shitty line even with Jake Long

I've never really gambled so I'm a bit nervous, does anyone else here gamble on football regularly?

I used to in college and law school but never made money. That said, the last couple of years Vegas has lost its shirt on the NFL b/c the bad teams are really bad and the good teams are really good.

I always like win totals since I can spend an offseason researching my bets and not have to stress week to week on individual games. It's kind of like fantasy football. I don't like the "well I hate Baltimore but I need Rice to score 30 points tonight)

Can say right now I would fade SF and BAL, though I'm curious what the Ravens win total will be when they lose so many players

Kid Icarus for 3DS (just as good as Fire Emblem).

Not sure about anything else. If you did not have a DS there are a thousand awesome games for that.

I didn't have a DS. I was thinking about getting Mario, and I realized I haven't played one since Mario 3 on NES. Never played a Zelda ever. Might have to do that sometime.

bionic77

I didn't have a DS. I was thinking about getting Mario, and I realized I haven't played one since Mario 3 on NES. Never played a Zelda ever. Might have to do that sometime.
What kind of games do you like? The DS was the best system last gen. It fills every need except fancy 3D graphics. It sucked at that.

Nightz

Andy Reid's making some moves.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

And we're off: Former Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson reached agreement Friday night on a three-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.

squicken

Anyone else think Ryan Gosling's character was supposed to be autistic or something? I did not enjoy Drive.

The problem with Drive is that the opening scene sets the wrong expectations for what follows. Albert Brooks alone makes that movie worth watching

btw can't recommend The Driver enough. Awesome movie. Very 70s

What kind of games do you like? The DS was the best system last gen. It fills every need except fancy 3D graphics. It sucked at that.

I like good games. Really, any genre, as long as its quality.

The problem with Drive is that the opening scene sets the wrong expectations for what follows. Albert Brooks alone makes that movie worth watching

Albert Brooks was good, but I could not get by Gosling's dialogue ( or lack thereof).

drive was alright. but i was expecting something different.

also saw brokeback mountain for the first time tonight. wow what a great movie. i know it won awards and so on but for whatever reason i never checked it out. im not a homophobe and never had an issue with the plot i was told about, i just didn't get around to watching it. one of the best movies i've seen in the past few years

What's with the disdain for digital downloads for the 3DS? I don't sell games, and I like the idea of having to only carry around the portable, instead of that plus games. They're small, my kids could eat them (really, I could lose them). Am I missing something?

drive was alright. but i was expecting something different.

also saw brokeback mountain for the first time tonight. wow what a great movie. i know it won awards and so on but for whatever reason i never checked it out. im not a homophobe and never had an issue with the plot i was told about, i just didn't get around to watching it. one of the best movies i've seen in the past few years

Brokeback is great, yeah. The wife and I saw it in theaters when it released. Tells you the state of Harrisburg, PA that trying to have an intelligent discussion about it at work was more trouble than it was worth.

I knew what Drive was going in thanks to a close friend having seen it and telling me about it. I enjoyed it immensely.

squicken

Ben Muth ‏@FO_wordofmuth
1:Trade 2 picks for A Smith 2:Give Punter $18 Mill 3:piss off best olineman 4:Cut 2nd best olineman 5: Sign 31 yr old CB 6:??? 7:playoffs!!

What's with the disdain for digital downloads for the 3DS? I don't sell games, and I like the idea of having to only carry around the portable, instead of that plus games. They're small, my kids could eat them (really, I could lose them). Am I missing something?

DD on psn or xbl is great. it's tied to your account. DD on nintendo's network is tied to the system. in other words if you buy fire emblem tomorrow on DD, and your 3ds is destroyed or lost or whatever, then too bad. you can't go buy a new 3DS and re-download it.

Top Bottom