• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

I don't think Ez would say this

QrkBxGx.png

1343687029089.gif

cdyhybrid

She find pictures in my email
I sent this bitch a picture of my dick
I don't know what it is with females
But I'm not too good with that shit

Piping in to say congrats to Baltimore Larry and Ravens GAF.

I'm sure a lot of people bitched about the refs and the holding call at the end, but as a Niner fan I know they only have themselves to blame. Other than the kick return TD, the crabtree overthrow on a TD in the 1st quarter and the useless offsides that gave the Ravens a 2nd 3rd down try that got them the 1st TD is why they ultimately lost. Those 8 points were crucial (even if 1 doesn't happen, they probably win).

I keep thinking about those plays. I was so shell-shocked after the loss. It felt like they were going to win that game. I don't know what Jim was doing on those final 3 snaps. Wasted timeout, didn't run on 2nd or 3rd, wasted Kaep's strengths with shoddy playcalls.

That loss hut bad. Ravens didn't really make any mistakes besides the Rice fumble while the Niners made quite a few of them. The Ravens executed better. Fuck that game.

:(

jakncoke

Banned
Piping in to say congrats to Baltimore Larry and Ravens GAF.

I'm sure a lot of people bitched about the refs and the holding call at the end, but as a Niner fan I know they only have themselves to blame. Other than the kick return TD, the crabtree overthrow on a TD in the 1st quarter and the useless offsides that gave the Ravens a 2nd 3rd down try that got them the 1st TD is why they ultimately lost. Those 8 points were crucial (even if 1 doesn't happen, they probably win).

I keep thinking about those plays. I was so shell-shocked after the loss. It felt like they were going to win that game. I don't know what Jim was doing on those final 3 snaps. Wasted timeout, didn't run on 2nd or 3rd, wasted Kaep's strengths with shoddy playcalls.

That loss hut bad. Ravens didn't really make any mistakes besides the Rice fumble while the Niners made quite a few of them. The Ravens executed better. Fuck that game.

:(

Most didnt actually, most were glad they let them play it out. There was a group of about 30 that were salty though

Most didnt actually, most were glad they let them play it out. There was a group of about 30 that were salty though

That's good. I am not going to subject myself to reading the thread. The wound is still too fresh. I am glad to hear if most the Niner faithful don't try to blame the loss on the call/refs.

What the Niners could control they didn't perform to their usual standards. Blame is on them and only them.

I will never figure out how they didn't run a single zone read or Kaep designed run on the final 4 downs. For fuck's sake, their last 2 td plays were on runs (even if one was a scramble!

etiolate

Banned
Good bit form Barnwell's super bowl post-game article on Grantland

Taken on a micro level, the momentum argument falls apart. Say that the Ravens lost the momentum after the power outage and the 49ers gained it. What happened right after the power outage? The 49ers checked down on third-and-13 and punted. The Ravens got the ball back and picked up 15 yards on their first play, a pass to Torrey Smith. They ran two more plays and then, on third-and-8, Ray Rice came up a half-yard short of a first down. The Niners got the ball back, Kaepernick scrambled a bunch, they completed a couple of passes, and then the Ravens converged on Michael Crabtree and failed to tackle him, allowing him to walk in for a touchdown that began San Francisco's comeback.

Is that momentum? Or just sloppy football? Because I think the case for momentum is pretty heavily linked to sloppy football in this game. During the first half, when the Ravens had the momentum, the 49ers were full of sloppy plays. They missed tackles in the backfield and sacks that would have created second- and third-and-long situations. They took unnecessary penalties to wipe away their big plays (including the illegal formation on the opening play of the game) and extended Baltimore's drives with penalties on the defensive side of the ball (like the offsides that turned a third-and-9 stop into a third-and-4 Anquan Boldin touchdown to end Baltimore's opening drive). They committed two turnovers, one of which came at the end of a long drive that could have given them the lead. And then, when the 49ers gained "momentum," the Ravens made mistakes. They ran into David Akers to wipe a missed field goal off the board. They took a roughing the passer penalty to help a drive along. They fumbled themselves. You don't need to lack momentum to play sloppily; you just need to make mistakes.

jakncoke

Banned
I still rofl at the coward calling after the correct call running the clock down on that safety. Perhaps that was just one cloud of trolling that I took for genuine posting.

TMZ said:
SHIRTLESS ROB GRONKOWSKI VEGAS WRESTLING with Broken Forearm

Rob Gronkowski scared the hell out of New England Patriots fans last night ... when the superstar tight end BODY SLAMMED his friend on stage at a Las Vegas nightclub ... landing hard on his broken forearm ... and TMZ has the footage.

Gronkowski -- who signed a $54 million six-year contract extension in June -- broke his forearm last season, then injured it again during the Pats' first playoff game against the Texans.

But that didn't stop him from executing a Stone Cold Stunner-esque move on a friend during a playful dance battle at XS nightclub last night.

As Gronkowski was throwing his friend to the ground, the tight end -- who was wearing a protective sleeve on his busted wing -- also crashed to the ground and smacked his damaged arm on the stage in the process.

Video here -> http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/04/rob-gronkowski-super-bowl-party-las-vegas-video-broken-arm/

Money can't buy you dance moves it seems. Summer of Gronk 2 is already destroying the first one.

etiolate

Banned
The refs were bad and were a part of the loss for the Niners. They just weren't the only reason for the loss. Media gets cowardly about the refs in big games. They don't like to question them and fall back on "they're human, they make mistakes", but they'll openly question players for one or two mistakes and make rather hyperbolic generalizations based off of that, ignoring the large majority of the game.

Heck, people were blaming Kaepernick for that 5 yard line flame out and ignoring that he had a great game outside of a couple of throws. The refs were a far more consistent screw-up on the field . They were involved in far more key plays. However, the refs fall under human error and excused, while players get lambasted over one single play. I never liked that double standard.

You should hear the radio here. All the hosts want to do is talk about anything but the refs, and all the callers want to do is talk about the refs. The morning show straight up said, "we can't blame the refs, lets talk about something else," next caller "WE GOT SCREWED THE NFL WANTS RAY LEWIS TO WIN-" and they dropped him. That was this morning. By evening, it was slightly less salty. Can't blame them for not knowing how to react, they hadn't lost before.

The refs were a far more consistent screw-up on the field . They were involved in far more key plays. However, the refs fall under human error and excused, while players get lambasted over one single play. I never liked that double standard.
The refs were fine, called a pretty good superbowl. To say they were a consistent screw up is silly.

squicken

of course JFF and Gronk hang out

I looked at the perspective FA list and the two best guys are Welker and Amendola. Not exactly a great WR draft either. I think the Rams will keep Amendola but idk about NE and Welker

edit: Peyton Manning is 77-1 in his career when the opponent scores less than 17 points. But that's only happened in 4 of his 20 post-season games. Brady has had 7 such post-season game out of 24. Eli 3 times in 11 games. Flacco ... 7 times in 13 games

Top Bottom