• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Harrison :(

I knew it was coming but it still hurts. great piece on Harrison with a bunch of great anecdotes. Here's my favorite:

Scott Brown, a reporter for the Trib, was just doing his job one day when Harrison began ripping into an official after a game. Harrison implied that the official was cheating, throwing the game, and after Brown published the quote Harrison was fined $15,000 by the league. The next day Harrison walked into the packed locker room during media time and yelled, “Which one of you (expletive deleteds) is Scott Brown!?!” The room became hushed. No one answered. After a pause Harrison yelled, “You owe me $15,000!”

This one is gold too:

* The $15,000 fine for calling an official a cheater was a pittance compared to the heavy stuff that began to roll up later in Harrison’s career. In 2010 he accumulated $125,000 in fines, and of course became the centerpiece of just about every story on the new NFL, the safety issues, concussions. It was all anyone seemed to want to discuss with Harrison at that year’s Super Bowl. I was standing next to him when a reporter asked him about concussions, and Harrison said, “Concussions are part of the risk I take with my job, and I love my job. Don’t you love your job?”

“Yeah,” said the reporter, “But concussions aren’t a part of my job.”

“They will be if you ask another question like that,” Harrison said.

We might lose Keenan Lewis too!

MechDX

Its so depressing. I think about some free agent receivers the Texans could sign to play opposite Dre, get a little excited, then I remember Schaub is still our QB.

I really hate that gomer pyle looking sonofabitch

I like the Harrison story where the interviewer goes to his house, and Harrison picks up a rattlesnake and throws it over his fence and says "that bitch had to bounce"

I've been with my wife since I was 19. To be fair we didn't marry until six years later (lived together for four of them) but that's a helluva an assumption....

I've been with my wife since we were 21. Pretty much shacked up the last year of college. I proposed right before graduation.

The toughest year was the year in between graduation and our wedding. Her dad didn't want her living with me, so I lived and worked a couple hours away from where she was (she went back to live at home and had a job there). I visited every weekend or she came to see me.

Bottom line is that you can never tell. You can have folks who live together for years, decide to marry and 6 weeks later they're divorced. You can have folks who were high school sweethearts and are still together 60 years later.

As for kids, I held off for a while because I enjoyed not having to deal with all of it. Then when we started trying we found out we were going to have some complications. But it all worked out, just took a bit longer than we'd planned. Never assume.

jakncoke

Banned
In todays edition of jak posting things no one else cares to post or look up, the top 5 Browns rushers since they reentered

1. Jamal Lewis 2806
2. William Green 2109
3. Reuben Droughns 1990
4. Peyton Hillis 1764
5. Jerome Harrison 1401

edit; lol gaming side finally got baconsammy

In todays edition of jak posting things no one else cares to post or look up, the top 5 Browns rushers since they reentered

1. Jamal Lewis 2806
2. William Green 2109
3. Reuben Droughns 1990
4. Peyton Hillis 1764
5. Jerome Harrison 1401

edit; lol gaming side finally got baconsammy
I care bra, pretty sad list. Now we have Trich so everything Is okie

jakncoke

Banned
Well he had that coming lol.....

ari is like the teflon poster when it comes to getting banned though.

He was definitely playing russian roulette with his account, but instead of stopping after 1 trigger squeeze he went untill he found the bullet lol. Some people just cant help themselves like snesfeak

If he remains healthy and semi productive he'll near the top of your all time list relatively quickly.
Pretty much haha, just read we're looking to sign a veteran back. We've contacted Jackson and slow man turner.
Edit: wait why are the Kardashin family famous again? Random ass question

I wasn't sure I could believe you people so I looked it up on yahoo answers, I gues you guys were right. Here's one answer
The father, Robert Kardashian Sr. was a prominent lawyer and business man (who was also on OJ Simpson's legal team). In other words, the Kardashian's were wealthy & Kim often hung out with Paris Hilton and was a socialite. Kim began dating Ray J, a hip hop artist, and they made a sex tape that was made public mid-2000s. Kim had her foot in the door and soon the Kardashian's were offered a reality show on E!. The Jenner name was/ is also prominent in Hollywood so that helped as well, It all spiraled from there.

I'm gonna be 25 in May, but I threw those essential 19-23 years away on working and dating someone which I knew was gonna go nowhere. I think of the decent career chances I could've had or all the pussy I missed out on, and it sucks. You young bucks better seize the day!

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder if Tampa really did have a plot to get Bo ineligible during his senior year in fear they'd lose him to Baseball like Bo thinks. Some shady ass shit if true but doesnt surprise me.

ChanHuk

Banned
I wonder if Tampa really did have a plot to get Bo ineligible during his senior year in fear they'd lose him to Baseball like Bo thinks. Some shady ass shit if true but doesnt surprise me.

Fuck the Bungles ;-; we woulda won more Lombardis with Bo. That duo was amazing Marcus and Bo, especially since Bo came in with fresh legs halfway through the season to destroy LBs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm gonna be 25 in May, but I threw those essential 19-23 years away on working and dating someone which I knew was gonna go nowhere. I think of the decent career chances I could've had or all the pussy I missed out on, and it sucks. You young bucks better seize the day!

I turn 25 in May as well, and kind of threw away my 18-24 years by stupid financial decisions, not going out enough and a wasted relationship now that I look back on it. I've vowed that my 25-30 years will not be the same, because its probably the last of my youth before family/kids (which I'm debating never to have at this point. Who knows though).

We still got at least 5 years left in us, brah.

jakncoke

Banned
pssh with how science and health is going, I bet most of us live to 100 in here. imagine sports trolling each other in 2050 . If neogaf ever dies or goes offline we gotta keep this going on another forum lol

Milchjon

pssh with how science and health is going, I bet most of us live to 100 in here. imagine sports trolling each other in 2050 . If neogaf ever dies or goes offline we gotta keep this going on another forum lol

"Remember when squicken was still a Seahawks fan? Man, good times."

squicken

So like if you are a fan of Real Madrid, you're basically in a 2 team league. Or with Chelsea, a 4 team league. What are you watching game to game? Trying to not lose vs bad teams? I mean I guess you could say that applies to the Pats over the last decade of so, given that division, and how it's all prelude to the playoffs

But idk, especially the Spanish teams. Seems like 90% of the games are just pointless

Milchjon

So like if you are a fan of Real Madrid, you're basically in a 2 team league. Or with Chelsea, a 4 team league. What are you watching game to game? Trying to not lose vs bad teams? I mean I guess you could say that applies to the Pats over the last decade of so, given that division, and how it's all prelude to the playoffs

But idk, especially the Spanish teams. Seems like 90% of the games are just pointless

2 key differences: The total number of games (soccer is starting to become almost like baseball/basketball in that regard) and the fact that football even at its worst is almost always a visual spectacle. I mean, buttfumble originated in one of those games!

Top Bottom