• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Tamanon

Banned
Fuck that. I'm turning 30 next month, and I'm pissed about it.

iQ976rQMwug0u.gif

Fuck you, I'd love to be turning 30 again.

If you need to, you can use the Reeking Box item to grind your dudes out of a hole (I think it's available at that point).

It's too pricey, it's like 4800 and I have just less. I'm not utilizing Frederick at all so he doesn't hoard xp, but I might have to unleash him.

I felt bad about turning 30, mainly cause I got so much shit over it. I feel pretty good though, haven't felt a decline yet.

2 kids, 4 buldging disks, and one domestic disaster later, I'm already feeling it.

2 Superbowl championship are pretty sweet though.

jakncoke

Banned
It's too pricey, it's like 4800 and I have just less. I'm not utilizing Frederick at all so he doesn't hoard xp, but I might have to unleash him.

2 kids, 4 buldging disks, and one domestic disaster later, I'm already feeling it.

2 Superbowl championship are pretty sweet though.

You were high as fuck on dope for 1 though so it dont really count.

It's not so bad, I turn 32 in October.
36:(

It wouldn't be so bad if I could still eat, drink and stay up until all hours of the night like I could when I was 20.

Redskins have been busy.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Redskins strike deal with Kory Lichtensteiger, per @MarkMaske
5 year deal.

They also signed Darrel Young to a 3 year deal.

Roto:
Citing "some good sources around the NFL," the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Sid Hartman reports Percy Harvin has informed the Vikings that he does not want to play for them anymore and "wants to be traded."
Hartman is a columnist with a spotty track record, so keep that in mind. After explaining that Harvin doesn't get along with the coaching and medical staffs, Hartman acknowledges GM Rick Spielman "is in the driver's seat." Harvin is signed for 2013 and the Vikings could keep him with consecutive franchise tags the following two seasons. Additionally, Hartman reports Harvin won't be in attendance when Vikings offseason workouts begin on April 22.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns have been in contact with free agent ILB Dannell Ellerbe.
The Browns are expected to be among the most active teams in free agency, and have expressed interest in signing Ellerbe, as well as other Ravens free agents OLB Paul Kruger and CB Cary Williams. Ellerbe would be an ideal fit in Ray Horton's 3-4 defense. He's believed to be seeking $6 million annually.
Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
36:(

It wouldn't be so bad if I could still eat, drink and stay up until all hours of the night like I could when I was 20.

Well on the flip side, you need a lot less sleep and it's easier to get out of bed in the morning. Falling asleep is harder though.....

brentech

Turn 30 later this year. Not looking forward to it and my wife's planning to have a kid soon after(we have a planned vacation in Feb 2014 with family. Obviously don't want to have a youngling or have morning sickness for that). I'm kind of off and on with thinking I can handle a kid, so it's very meh.

Turn 30 later this year. Not looking forward to it and my wife's planning to have a kid soon after(we have a planned vacation in Feb 2014 with family. Obviously don't want to have a youngling or have morning sickness for that). I'm kind of off and on with thinking I can handle a kid, so it's very meh.
You'll never be as mentally ready as you think your going to be.;)

bionic77

Fuck that. I'm turning 30 next month, and I'm pissed about it.
30 is nothing if you take care of yourself,

Get yourself some of that Deer piss that gives Ray the strength to strangle people even as an older man.

Honestly it was the twins that made me feel old, and that was just from exhaustion. Things are better now but I don't get time to take care of myself the way I used to.

It blows my mind I was able to have and raise kids, because you go to hospital without a child, and you leave with one. That's it. You don't get dubbed a parent. My kids turn 6 and 3 on the 18th (same birthday), and it's nuts I've kept them alive, because I knew nothing. Never held a baby or changed a diaper until my first.

Fox318

you just met a guy with a year long marriage.

Crazy thing is I've been with my gf 2 years more and I think its crazy to marry now.

Gotta live with your partner to see if you are truly compatible. Dude is gonna be married at 19 with 3 years of school to go.

Godslay

Banned
It blows my mind I was able to have and raise kids, because you go to hospital without a child, and you leave with one. That's it. You don't get dubbed a parent. My kids turn 6 and 3 on the 18th (same birthday), and it's nuts I've kept them alive, because I knew nothing. Never held a baby or changed a diaper until my first.

My girls are the same age oddly enough and I felt the same way going in. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and although we were married didn't really plan on having a kid yet. It just happened. It was pretty intimidating at first, especially when you first take them home and don't have help from nurses. Shit gets real fast. Second kid is easy though!

bionic77

They take away your life force but kids are the best.

At least mine are. God I hope they turn out ok and don't become something bad like a Pats fan.

Godslay

Banned
Sounds like Steven Jackson is meeting with the Broncos either tonight or tomorrow. Purely rumor at this point, but I'm starting to think his chances of coming to Denver are increasing. McGahee will be the bellwether. If he's cut soon I can almost guarantee SJAX is coming to town.

They take away your life force but kids are the best.

At least mine are. God I hope they turn out ok and don't become something bad like a Pats fan.

My kids are Ravens fans. Before the Superbowl, my oldest said "let's walk around the neighborhood and tell everyone 'boo 49ers'" I also incentivized them. Ravens win, means ice cream. That way, they're invested. During the Superbowl my youngest and I had this exchange.

Me: If the Ravens win, you get ice cream.
V(my kid): I want ice cream.
Me: they haven't won yet.
V: I want them win, now!
Me: Me too, V, me too.

That ice cream was delicious.

Browns seem to be pretty active in contacting agents, alot of names. The whole concept of us actively pursing people is so crazy to me. Last browns regime took the words "building through the draft" almost literally.
Roto:
The player rep for free agent OLB James Harrison says his client "would love" to play for the Browns.
Harrison played college ball at Kent State and is an Akron native. The Browns also have several coaching-staff ties to Harrison, beginning with DC Ray Horton, a former longtime Steelers assistant. The Browns seem more keen on free agent Paul Kruger, but could revisit Harrison if they're outbid by a team like the Colts.
This is even crazier to me!!! I know he's old but the Thought of him or these other on
Players being on the browns? I can't even explain my emotions <3

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My kids are Ravens fans. Before the Superbowl, my oldest said "let's walk around the neighborhood and tell everyone 'boo 49ers'" I also incentivized them. Ravens win, means ice cream. That way, they're invested. During the Superbowl my youngest and I had this exchange.

Me: If the Ravens win, you get ice cream.
V(my kid): I want ice cream.
Me: they haven't won yet.
V: I want them win, now!
Me: Me too, V, me too.

That ice cream was delicious.

Goddamn, the Superbowl sounds so nice and sweet. Hopefully in my lifetime it happens. Lead us to the promised land, Matthew.

bionic77

God it will suck not having him on the team next year.

Worilds is garbage. Even old ass Harrison is better than him. Maybe the Steelers know something about his back and knees that I don't.

I was hoping he could squeeze two more good years as a Steeler and solidify his candidacy for the Hall. Now it is kind of iffy. Probably not enough dominant seasons. Just started too late.

bionic77

This is true, but it doesn't help is Hall candidacy!

I just saw Topanga on the Maxim cover. Oh my goodness.
How many defensive players in the hall are normal people you would want to date your daughter or trust alone with your wife/gf?

Harrison is a really stupid man off the field, but he was great on it and he always gave his all. He was so fucking good in 2008 and led what may be the last great NFL defense we ever see (mostly because of the rules).

I hope he continues to kick ass and makes the Steelers regret signing him. As long as he does not go to NE or Baltimore. Then I might start to turn on him...

cdyhybrid

How many defensive players in the hall are normal people you would want to date your daughter or trust alone with your wife/gf?

Harrison is a really stupid man off the field, but he was great on it and he always gave his all. He was so fucking good in 2008 and led what may be the last great NFL defense we ever see (mostly because of the rules).

I hope he continues to kick ass and makes the Steelers regret signing him. As long as he does not go to NE or Baltimore. Then I might start to turn on him...

You wouldn't turn on him if he led the Browns back to decency?

Top Bottom