• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

Yeah I know, But what does the current Browns done that show they are going to leapfrog us and Baltimore?

Think both you are BAL are coming back to the pack. Signs are there. Getting older. Not replacing former starts with young players. Missing on drafts. Bad cap situation. Not sure how Ben will age. Could fall off faster than Brady, Peyton. One of those teams is due for a fall off, and I'd bet on PITT. Not sure what happened to your GM and coach, but they've had a shaky couple of years

ChanHuk

Banned
lol @ Pryor hyping himself up. He's not gonna be the starting QB this season. Palmer got that job on lock this season. Even if you cut Palmer you have to sign a backup QB, seeing as how Matt Moore just got that insane deal for being a backup, you sign a backup for 3-4 million. Cutting Palmer only saved you 4 million so why the hell do you cut him?

What has Clevland done to show they are capable of being a winning team ?
I'm not some crazy Jets or Lions fan in denial, and I watch every Browns game. I can honestly say if we sign some of these free agents were linked to we can be a pretty good team this season. Last regime took building through draft almost literally and pretty much relied on the draft to try and build this team only, with I didn't agree with. I really believe we have some great young talent and using FA could make us pretty good. The only thing I think could hold us back is the Qb situation. The Browns battles with Balt/Pitt/bengals are usually good ones, and both Balt and Pitt seen like there about to lose key players

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've decided to lower my expectations now. Browns are being linked to way too many guys.

I'll keep expectations low so I won't be disappointed.

I've decided to lower my expectations now. Browns are being linked to way too many guys.

NO! Believe! All the names is a good thing, just means were being active for once and laying all the eggs in one basket. We have the money we're definitely gonna sign some people it's a new era for us!
Led by the Lombardi/banner/farmer/Chud/Haslam BrainTrust!

jakncoke

Banned
I'm not some crazy Jets or Lions fan in denial, and I watch every Browns game. I can honestly say if we sign some of these free agents were linked to we can be a pretty good team this season. Last regime took building through draft almost literally and pretty much relied on the draft to try and build this team only, with I didn't agree with. I really believe we have some great young talent and using FA could make us pretty good. The only thing I think could hold us back is the Qb situation. The Browns battles with Balt/Pitt/bengals are usually good ones, and both Balt and Pitt seen like there about to lose key players

If they make moves then ok. But it hasnt happened yet.

Godslay

Banned
NO! Believe! All the names is a good thing, just means were being active for once and laying all the eggs in one basket. We have the money we're definitely gonna sign some people it's a new era for us!
Led by the Lombardi/banner/farmer/Chud/Haslam BrainTrust!

It's either that, or agents know the Browns are eager to for FAs and will use them to bump up the price of their guy as he goes to another team. I think it's happening with Denver and Revis, using our interest to drive interest in him from other teams if that makes sense.

If they make moves then ok. But it hasnt happened yet.
Ooo but we will! believe! We'll knock FA out the park!
tumblr_m51xcvTkQT1r0o6aqo1_500.gif

Wes

venison crêpe

NO. WE'RE GOING TO SIGN A FREE AGENT WHO DOESN'T HAVE A WEATHER CONDITION FOR HIS FIRST NAME - BELIEVE.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think a four win team has all the pieces to make a Super Bowl run. Has a team with a record that bad won a Super Bowl the next season without adding any major talent?

I just can't stop laughing at the Gif I posted in the last comment lol smh
NO. WE'RE GOING TO SIGN A FREE AGENT WHO DOESN'T HAVE A WEATHER CONDITION FOR HIS FIRST NAME - BELIEVE.
YES! I'm already preparing my jackass comments/gif posts to people

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
<3

Didn't Warner only start due to an injury? Its a change, but not a pursued change.

So that would be like Shaun Hill taking your team to the Super Bowl?

But they also added Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, and Tory Holt? Seems like some major roster changes to me.

Think both you are BAL are coming back to the pack. Signs are there. Getting older. Not replacing former starts with young players. Missing on drafts. Bad cap situation. Not sure how Ben will age. Could fall off faster than Brady, Peyton. One of those teams is due for a fall off, and I'd bet on PITT. Not sure what happened to your GM and coach, but they've had a shaky couple of years

I was actually thinking about this earlier today. Ben "won" 2 Super Bowls (okay, he won one and the rest of the team won despite him in the other
don't bring up the refs
). If he's an elite QB then this is where he has to prove it. The D is old and slow and incapable of holding a lead.

This is why Peyton and Brady are considered at the top. This is why Rodgers and Brees have rings. You have to excel when the rest of your team sucks dick.

Ben has been riding the coattails of a very good defense for years. Now the D is gonna suck, he's gotta accept Haley's offense and win games single-handedly.

Otherwise the Steelers will be mediocre until they can rebuild everything through the draft.

WedgeX

Banned
So that would be like Shaun Hill taking your team to the Super Bowl?

But they also added Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, and Tory Holt? Seems like some major roster changes to me.

Yeah those are major. And Hill could take the Lions to the Super Bowl, but there would be no catches over 15 yards. With the Lions having only $6 mil in cap space I don't foresee much major change taking place, barring a trade.

I'm sorry but goodbye to all my WiiU friends in here, I found a buyer on craigslist and am selling it tonight. I'm not bout this nintedno life right now, I think i just got caught up in launch hype. Maybe I'll be back oneday. I'll probably use the money to preorder a ps4 though.
Edit: I need to find out what my ps3 Id name was smh

jakncoke

Banned
I'm sorry but goodbye to all my WiiU friends in here, I found a buyer on craigslist and am selling it tonight. I'm not bout this nintedno life right now, I think i just got caught up in launch hype. Maybe I'll be back oneday. I'll probably use the money to preorder a ps4 though.
Edit: I need to find out what my ps3 Id name was smh

Fall into launch hype only to fall into another lollll

How long does it take for a team to rebuild?

Depends on the people running the team and how bad the team is at the beginning of the rebuild

squicken

I was actually thinking about this earlier today. Ben "won" 2 Super Bowls (okay, he won one and the rest of the team won despite him in the other
don't bring up the refs
). If he's an elite QB then this is where he has to prove it. The D is old and slow and incapable of holding a lead.
t.

I'm curious as well. It seemed to be working well, initially. He was accurate and the offense seemed mostly on-track. As much as the Peyton/Brady dink and dunk offenses suck in the playoffs, they are great in the regular season. No turnovers. Ball control. Really protect the defense. I'd be really interested to see what PITT did on offense during the Arians years as far as 3 and outs and 1st and 10 success

My recollection is of Ben pulling stuff out of his ass on 3rd downs when he needed to, but I wonder how much stress that put on the defense? Luck did the same this past year in key situations, but overall, they just got really lucky with their soft schedule. Both units performed pretty poorly until the end of games

Where does Worilds factor in?

Somewhat lost in the discussions about Harrison is the plight of Worilds.

The Steelers drafted Worilds, pictured at right, in the second round in 2010, a defensive end at Virginia Tech that they projected as a 3-4 outside linebacker. It is a tactic they have used so many times through the years. On that day three years ago, some people involved in the Steelers draft expected them to choose linebacker Sean Lee of Penn State with their second pick. They were surprised when they took Worilds instead, and there are suspicions that Mike Tomlin stepped in and expressed his interest in Worilds over Lee.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...-sign-of-things-to-come-678724/#ixzz2NAWnJr6C

Fall into launch hype only to fall into another lollll
Pretty much lol, I think I'm addicted to launches. But I honestly think the ps4 has the media capabilities I'm look for. Nintendo still somewhat treats WiiU like a kid system. Well see what the next xbox has to offer but I'm already turned off to them from xbox live charges. Kinda how this whole fiasco started for me

jakncoke

Banned
Ive only been apart of 1 launch in my life so far and that was PS3. Never again. Waiting months for decent games to come along was no fun at all. Actually I'll probably let myself fall into another launch but damn launch windows suck lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Marshal Faulk and Trent Green were added. If werent for Trent knee injury or whatever ended his season we might not ever have seen Kurt Warner lead anyone
FMT's love affair with Brenda would have never happened. How sad life would be...

Nobody is waiting for the steambox?
I'm genuinely interested to see what happens. The PS4, NextBox and GabeCube will all be revealed before I even start to think about jumping into "next gen".

Top Bottom