• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

jakncoke

Banned
Rob Gronkowski is an American Hero, you talk about him with respect.

macho-man-randy-savage-o.gif

jakncoke

Banned
I didnt know WWE had full length classic matches up on their site. I wonder how many classics they got up, usually they put those on dvd to get money off of it.

The deed is done. I am now console free, and have about 300 in unmarked American dollars. I can buy as many Doritos Locos tacos I want without being tracked or just preorder a PS4

BigAT

I like the Jenkins signing a lot. Besides the fact that the Giants desperately needed help at DT, the deal seems very attractive to me at $8M over 3 years.

squicken

Quinton Mikell getting released. Tons of SS on the market. Not sure where Spags is these days, but maybe he can get his boss to over-pay for a box safety. Again

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Quinton Mikell getting released. Tons of SS on the market. Not sure where Spags is these days, but maybe he can get his boss to over-pay for a box safety. Again

Yeah it seems like the SS/DB market in free agency and the draft is plentiful. I even heard Detroit has a interest in Laron Landry, who I've always personally been a fan of. It's probably why Detroit has leverage against Louis Delmas despite him being a fan favorite since he came into the league.

Another guy to watch out for is Antoine Cason out of San Diego. I wanted Matt Millen to draft him in 2008, but he instead went with Gosder Cherlius (OT). Cason has been a stud CB since he came into the league, and thats with a below average San Diego pass rush. I'm really interested to see where he goes and if the Lions cannot resign Chris Houston rumors are we have our eyes set on Cason.

A good pass rush works wonders for the secondary.

I'm concerned that the Steelers think Gay is a suitable replacement for Lewis. This is not the case. If they are letting Lewis go I hope they have something else up their sleeve than William Fucking Gay.

Nightz

Yeah it seems like the SS/DB market in free agency and the draft is plentiful. I even heard Detroit has a interest in Laron Landry, who I've always personally been a fan of. It's probably why Detroit has leverage against Louis Delmas despite him being a fan favorite since he came into the league.

Another guy to watch out for is Antoine Cason out of San Diego. I wanted Matt Millen to draft him in 2008, but he instead went with Gosder Cherlius (OT). Cason has been a stud CB since he came into the league, and thats with a below average San Diego pass rush. I'm really interested to see where he goes and if the Lions cannot resign Chris Houston rumors are we have our eyes set on Cason.

A good pass rush works wonders for the secondary.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

effzee

Don't know how he fared for the Rams and obviously age factors in but him next to Dawkins was awesome for the Eagles. Still don't get why they let him walk to start the garbage they had only to be replaced with the garbage they now have.

Good pick for the Giants with Jenkins. He wasn't spectacular for the Eagles but very solid. He will do much better playing for a team/defense that isn't run by clowns.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You forgot to bold the part after - "and thats with a below average San Diego pass rush". A defensive back is as good as the pressure the defensive line is putting on the QB. If the QB has 5+ seconds to throw the ball, a competent QB will pick apart any DB in the league.

Cason's stats this past season were solid, and he is a solid #2, average #1 DB.

effzee

So should we expect more deals to be confirmed "official" tomorrow? Or just after the 12th? Pretty boring tempering 3 day period so far.

You forgot to bold the part after "and thats with a below average San Diego pass rush". A defensive back is as good as the pressure the defensive line is putting on the QB. If the QB has 5+ seconds to throw the ball, a competent QB will pick apart any DB in the league.

howcome all of the lions DB's suck dick even though (according to you) you guys have an awesome pass rush?

squicken

Don't know how he fared for the Rams and obviously age factors in but him next to Dawkins was awesome for the Eagles. Still don't get why they let him walk to start the garbage they had only to be replaced with the garbage they now have.

Good pick for the Giants with Jenkins. He wasn't spectacular for the Eagles but very solid. He will do much better playing for a team/defense that isn't run by clowns.

He wasn't bad last year. He's just a box safety, which are a dime a dozen. Can't cover anyone and limited ball skills. But he played downhill vs the run well and was a good blitzer off the slot. Best case for him is getting the veteran minimum somewhere

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
howcome all of the lions DB's suck dick even though (according to you) you guys have an awesome pass rush?

Chris Houston does not suck dick (and thats proven by all the teams chasing him this offseason), the problem has been with our young DBs at the #2, #3 and #4 spots who have suffered injuries an/or just sucked. The enforcer in our secondary, Louis Delmas (FS), has been oft injured as well.

Our pass rush is awesome, not just according to me, but to anyone who watches the Lions, and thats with average/old defensive ends.

Nightz

You forgot to bold the part after "and thats with a below average San Diego pass rush". A defensive back is as good as the pressure the defensive line is putting on the QB. If the QB has 5+ seconds to throw the ball, a competent QB will pick apart any DB in the league.

I agree about the pass rush since we had none this year. However, Cason's just decent, he ain't a stud. Not even close. QB's picked on him because he was so soft in coverage. 3rd and short? Watch him backpedal before the snap and give the receiver a 10 yard cushion. He's only good in Madden
when he plays for Rors.

You didn't see his Bush/Lions post earlier?

Nope, I missed it!

Just read an uplifting article about the Ravens. The gist: don't fear, Ozzie can do this. Our top three FAs are Kruger, Ellerbe, and Carey Williams. Kruger was a late second round pick, and was pretty much a bust until this year. Ellerbe was a in drafted rookie, and Cary was signed off the Titans practice squad. It's not like we're losing first round picks. Ozzie has hit middle round gems like Kelechi Osemele, Lardarius Webb, and Dennis Pitta recently, and made unheralded signings that turned out huge, ie Corey Graham. He's probably the best GM in the league, and can do a lot with a little.

....something, something, Joe Flacco highest paid player in NFL history

Our pass rush is awesome, not just according to me, but to anyone who watches the Lions, and thats with average/old defensive ends.
The Lions were 20th in the league in sacks. Hardly fearsome or "awesome". You're one spot above the Giants and there's now way in hell I could try to pass off the Giants defensive line in 2012 as "awesome" with a straight face.

Sacks aren't the end all/be all statistic on pass rush mind, but certainly an indicator....

Godslay

Banned
The Lions were 20th in the league in sacks. Hardly fearsome or "awesome". You're one spot above the Giants and there's now way in hell I could try to pass off the Giants defensive line in 2012 as "awesome" with a straight face.

Sacks aren't the end all/be all statistic on pass rush mind, but certainly an indicator....

When's the last time one of your players pulled off a spinning dick kick? Like the man said awesome and fearsome.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
reggie bush will make the defense better

This is actually very true. Having a decent RB to control the clock, and keep the defense off the field, is something the Detroit Lions have lacked since Jahvid Best went down. When we played you guys last year we were without Mikel Leshoure or Jahvid Best and had to rely on Kevin Smith who is a great locker room presences but pretty average due to injuries. Had we had someone like Reggie Bush or Jahvid Best we would've beat you.

It's something the 49ers have done amazingly well since Harbaugh came into town, and one of the major reasons for your success.

Chris Houston does not suck dick (and thats proven by all the teams chasing him this offseason), the problem has been with our young DBs at the #2, #3 and #4 spots who have suffered injuries an/or just sucked. The enforcer in our secondary, Louis Delmas (FS), has been oft injured as well.

I'm so sick of people talking about Delmas like he is a game changer on defense. In the last 2 years, in games he has played and hasn't been injured, I would love for you to point out at least 5 plays where he hasn't taken a bad angle, or wrapped up on tackle, or put enough fear in a qb to not throw his way. I just really don't think he is that good and would rather see him walk way than to try and pay him money he doesn't deserve while chillin on the bench with a towel over his head when he gets hurt again. He is like Bob Sanders lite, but without the talent.

This is actually very true. Having a decent RB to control the clock, and keep the defense off the field, is something the Detroit Lions have lacked since Jahvid Best went down. When we played you guys last year we were without Mikel Leshoure or Jahvid Best and had to rely on Kevin Smith who is a great locker room presences but pretty average due to injuries. Had we had someone like Reggie Bush or Jahvid Best we would've beat you.

It's something the 49ers have done amazingly well since Harbaugh came into town, and one of the major reasons for your success.

lollerskates

Top Bottom