• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

JABEE

The Philadelphia Inquirer said:
Darrelle Revis is on the trading block, and the Eagles should do whatever is takes to acquire the New York Jets cornerback. They have the draft picks; the salary-cap space; and, most important, a glaring hole in the secondary that makes dealing for the all-pro a no-brainer.

There's already a rumor brewing in certain NFL circles that Eagles general manager Howie Roseman has been crunching the numbers and putting together an offer to bring the 27-year-old Revis to Philadelphia.

Others around the league aren't buying it. Why would Roseman give up a high draft pick, probably another next year, and sink at least $12 million a season into a player who is only six months removed from tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee?

And then there's the been-there, screwed-that-up argument after the Eagles signed Nnamdi Asomugha two years ago, a disaster that could ward off any team from acquiring high-priced cornerbacks.

But Revis is not Asomugha. He's two years younger than Asomugha was when the Eagles signed him in July 2011. He's more versatile. And he's much better.

So what's it going to take for Roseman to pull this off? Lots, but not as much as initial reports indicated. The rebuilding Jets are said to want two draft picks - a first-rounder this year and a high conditional selection next year.

The Eagles have eight draft picks - one in each of the first six rounds and two in the seventh. They're not giving up the fourth overall pick. But their second-round pick - the 35th overall - could be negotiable.

It's a selection that is just as good as a first-rounder since many see the second and third rounds, relatively speaking, as the strengths of the draft. The Eagles could get that second-rounder back by trading out of the fourth pick, where the talent isn't considered as great as in years past.

Provided a trade could be struck, Revis, of course, would want a new deal, as would the Eagles. He is said to want somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 million to $16 million a year. He won't get his top asking price with the salary cap staying relatively flat. But $12 million - Asomugha's salary - is attainable.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/196645611.html

Let's see what happens...

Get me excited by a star cornerback again, Eagles!

Then cry the next month when you'll see how handsome PCs are.
I've never really been a Pc gamer or anything, I don't even own my own Pc or laptop yet. Only Pc game I've ever played for MGS1. I think I'm just about this console life, Nd according to gaming side ps4 > Pc tehe

Then cry the next month when you'll see how handsome PCs are.

I don't really care, the graphics will be better on the PC, sure, but the rest of the games will be the same and most importantly it's much easier to just sit down and play on a console.

I don't want to fuck around with a PC to play my game, I just want a console.

K-19

Banned
I've never really been a Pc gamer or anything, I don't even own my own Pc or laptop yet. Only Pc game I've ever played for MGS1. I think I'm just about this console life, Nd according to gaming side ps4 > Pc tehe

Gaming side suck, the console era is over.

I don't really care, the graphics will be better on the PC, sure, but the rest of the games will be the same and most importantly it's much easier to just sit down and play on a console.

Man, graphics are a big part. I mean, the immersion, it blows your mind, it's good shit. But steam box could really be awesome, if you have the same graphics than a pc and the simplicity of a console, boum jackpot!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

And here I thought PC gaming was big in Germany!

I'm sorry but goodbye to all my WiiU friends in here, I found a buyer on craigslist and am selling it tonight. I'm not bout this nintedno life right now, I think i just got caught up in launch hype. Maybe I'll be back oneday. I'll probably use the money to preorder a ps4 though.
Edit: I need to find out what my ps3 Id name was smh
Noooooooo!

Ocarina of Time or Mario Land for 3DS

Which to buy? I've got a gift card to use.
If you enjoy Mario games I can't recommend 3D Land enough.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm sorry but goodbye to all my WiiU friends in here, I found a buyer on craigslist and am selling it tonight. I'm not bout this nintedno life right now, I think i just got caught up in launch hype. Maybe I'll be back oneday. I'll probably use the money to preorder a ps4 though.
Edit: I need to find out what my ps3 Id name was smh

smh

You fell for the trap. I for one am embarrassed for you.

Wes

venison crêpe
So Jarvis Jones' long term injury doubts has been given the all clear?

Throws another spanner in the works in to the Top 10. Seems to me Browns go one of five routes:

Jones, Anzah, Jordan, Mingo or Milliner.

Depends on free agency I guess. I like Jordan though.

Noooooooo!

smh

You fell for the trap. I for one am embarrassed for you.
:/
The trap being selling your console before the end of its first full year right? I'd understand selling it after E3 if they show a bunch of nothing.
I've seen all the Nintendo directs, and trust me right now it's just not all around what I need. So I'm im selling it while I can still make back most of my money and looking towards other options. But it's not a bad system, some of the games coming out defientely look interesting to me, but when it comes to the media capabilities I'm looking for their still behind
So Jarvis Jones' long term injury doubts has been given the all clear?

Throws another spanner in the works in to the Top 10. Seems to me Browns go one of five routes:

Jones, Anzah, Jordan, Mingo or Milliner.

Depends on free agency I guess. I like Jordan though.
I think Jarvis is a serious option for hs right now, it was posted on national football post that we like him and Lombardi us founder of the site. Also I literally hate Mingo as a high prospect and don't know why anyone would take him that high. F the measurables

Dragon

Banned
Who is Frenchie and why is he talking about Steambox? This thread is littered with love of 3DS games it's definitely barking up the wrong tree!

Godslay

Banned
Doesn't look too bad...

iptYkwWWwBwl5.png

The Baltimore Sun reports the Colts and Browns will soon engage in a "bidding war" for free agent OLB Paul Kruger.
The Browns have been "particularly aggressive" on both Kruger and Cliff Avril since Saturday morning's negotiating window opened. One source predicted Kruger will command $10 million to $12 million per year. Both Cleveland and Indianapolis are flush with cap space and need pass-rush help. It's conceivable that the Kruger will go to the Colts and Avril to the Browns, or vice versa.
We can outbid anyone if we want !

bionic77

Can't speak for Mario land but you have never played a zelda? Get OoT
Neither. Starfox64!

That game is still so good. I feel like it is still the best of its kind.

Zelda is going to feel old. BLarry missed the fuck by not playing it in the 90s. It was one of those you had to be there games to understand.

Ellerbe would be great for the Browns, I also prefer Avril over Kruger. Lewis from the Steelers would be a good fit, Cason was toast a little too much last season. Brandon Meyer would be nice at TE as well.

effzee

Want no part of Revis. Yes we have a need but this draft is deep with corners and safeties. Rather use that pick on a guy who can grow with the team since we are rebuilding anyway than trade for a guy who might cost up to a 1st round pick, 10M +, and someone who will be complaining the very next off season.

squicken

So Johnny Manziel is in Toronto, at a Raptors game, with front row seats again. I know it's Spring Break, but it's getting harder to mask the cheating

squicken

Aren't his parents wealthy? Heard everything checks out with him in terms of compliance.

Yeah they are. Still. He doesn't go to any classes (online only) and shows up at all the high profile events. Just need to keep him eligible for 9 more months

Why would he come to see two shitty teams?

That's what I can't figure out, though I haven't seen it other than one place, so maybe the person was mistaken

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah they are. Still. He doesn't go to any classes (online only) and shows up at all the high profile events. Just need to keep him eligible for 9 more months

That's what I can't figure out, though I haven't seen it other than one place, so maybe the person was mistaken

I can see why he'd be in Toronto. I assume he's not 21 yet but the drinking age is 19 in Toronto. But if I were him and looking for a good time I'd be hitting up Montreal with it's drinking age of 18 years old.

Top Bottom