• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Fox318

Your constant sinning. Don't you want to try something different than butt fumbles?

I believe

DeYI1fk.jpg

Alright kids, trip on this.

Blaming the Flacco contract for the Boldin move is ridiculous. Joe's hit on the cap is only 7 mil. Boldin is gone because management did not want him at 6 mil. He's a great reciever but he's getting older. You're really going to see older reciecers become as disposable as running backs. They'll love you until they feel you're getting used up.

Second, people thinking the playoffs were a fluke and the offense is going to regress are failing to understand that we got rid of the biggest hinderance, Cam Cameron. Once Jim Caldwell really started putting his stamp on it the whole system really started to gel. Joe is going to have a career year in 2013 with a Caldwell system, two beast RBs, and a great receiving corp. I'm talking Rice, Pierce, Smith, Jones, Pitta, and more.

And let's not forget this was only Joe's fifth year in the leauge. His worst plays came in his rookie and sophmore seasons. He has done nothing but grow in ability and confidence. In all honesty this Super Bowl should of been his repeat trip, not his first. I can think of about 27 teams that would be better with Flacco at QB.

Nobody wins a Super Bowl by themselves but Flacco was a big reason that they did. Just think of how many teams have won it all compared to how many there are and you'll understand that every SB win is special and I'll let nothing spoil that.

TheFatOne

It still wouldn't be enough to heal those wounds you carry, Dutch. ;)

By the way, here's that full report from CBS:

You guys apparently don't like Condon all that much.

I forget why, but Belichick hates him for some reason. I would love to have Cruz. If the Pats are planning to take a WR with their 1st they would be better off getting Cruz.

Edite: I don't really watch the Giants
fuck the Giants
Future how complicated is the Giants offense? One of the problems with WRs for the Pats is learning their complicated system. I would assume since they have Eli the Giants would run a fairly complicated offense, and Cruz wouldn't have to adjust to much.

I forget why, but Belichick hates him for some reason. I would love to have Cruz. If the Pats are planning to take a WR with their 1st they would be better off getting Cruz.

The main problem was the Ben Watson signing. He was told by his agent ,Condon, to hold out after the draft and Bill was not amused. Pretty much avoided the guy untill they signed Lloyd last year (Lloyd is also represented by Condon).

Slo

I'm actually pretty happy with what we got for Harvin. Is he worth more than an almost-2nd-rounder? Talent wise, yes he is. But the bottom line is that he didn't want to play here, and he thinks he's going to get Megatron money. He's a unique talent but it was either take nothing for him or get a first rounder and some garbage.

I'll take it.

TheFatOne

The main problem was the Ben Watson signing. He was told by his agent ,Condon, to hold out after the draft and Bill was not amused. Pretty much avoided the guy untill they signed Lloyd last year (Lloyd is also represented by Condon).

Completely forgot about that. It was probably because I tried to forget about Watson. All this Cruz talk reminded me about Ballard.Any news on how Ballard is doing?

Hunter S.

IT'S TIME TO BUTTER UP REVIS!

Somebody get this man all the fine women available in Denver.
I would rather keep Dumerville even if he does not take the pay cut. It is too high, but they will still have to pay him if he is traded. My issue is if he does not it shows he cares more for his ego than having the best possible team to win.

Kiryu

Damn!

Seahawks and 49ers are still going at each other even offseason.

Percy Harvin > Anquan Boldin

Best Offseason news I have heard. I just can't believe long time ago, I made a post about "Which do you think Percy Harvin would go to?" then I joked to say Seahawks since Seahawks and Viking have some couple players of ex-Seahawks/ex-Viking. I can't believe it happened. :O

effzee

Just heard about Boldin. Are you kidding me? For a 6th round pick? I wanted him over Maclin back in 09 and would gladly have taken him this off season over possible pick up Amendola. Fuck. We could have parted with a 5th for him.

Colasante

I'd like Ed Reed on the Patriots if he's affordable. If he wants more than $5 million, he can go to the Colts. I'd rather they pickup Adrian Wilson and have him mentor Tavon Wilson as the future starting strong safety.

Just out about Boldin. Are you kidding me? For a 6th round pick? I wanted him over Maclin back in 09 and would gladly have taken him this off season over possible pick up Amendola. Fuck. We could have parted with a 5th for him.

I think Da will be a much better player going forward if healthy, but Boldin would have been nice since he is so physical. Both are huge upgrades over Avant though.

squicken

I'd like Ed Reed on the Patriots if he's affordable. If he wants more than $5 million, he can go to the Colts. I'd rather they pickup Adrian Wilson and have him mentor Tavon Wilson as the future starting strong safety.

Adrian Wilson is an undersized LB. He was so bad in coverage they had to take him off the field on obvious passing downs. He's already helped the Pats. He was part of the reason Hartline went nuts vs the Cards, which helped him get that silly new contract. Send him flowers, but no ring

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Damn thread's been dead for a month. I can't get on all day and there are 500 posts...

Anyways, my thoughts on the news:

Seattle made a great pickup but got absolutely fleeced. I bet no one else offered more than a 2nd round pick for him.

A sixth for Boldin? At least he wasn't Super Bowl mvp. :(

And this is beyond tampering. Hey, dumbasses, no signing contracts until tomorrow at 4!
Oh and he's officially signed!

BFGmN_3CQAAG0_O.jpg:large

Fox318

Damn thread's been dead for a month. I can't get on all day and there are 500 posts...

Seattle made a great pickup but got absolutely fleeced. I bet no one else offered more than a 2nd round pick for him.

And this is beyond tampering. Hey, dumbasses, no signing contracts until tomorrow at 4!

Fine the Redskins and Cowboys again says Mara

Ogletree is kind of a knucklehead. Supposedly they are talking to Ellerbee. Fisher has said they don't want too many character issue guys, and Jenkins and Givens are issues

As far as Warmack, he's going to start slipping in mock drafts. Supposedly not all that bright, and can only play guard. Kind of like your players to be able to move around the line if there are injuries. Rams will look DT, DE, TE, WR, and OT. Doubt any of top 3 OTs fall, and it all depends on how they value Quick and Givens. If Eifert is there at 16, I hope they take him. At least that's what my hope is now. FA can alter things of course

I would be happy with Eifert. Combined with Kendricks we would have a really nice set of receiving tight ends that could open up big plays deep to Givens. They resigned one DT today. What's the thought process behind looking at D Lineman? I think we are really solid there. I would be happy with OT, TE, WR in the first round. Possibly RB? Could be rough with SJAX gone. We need two safeties with Mikell gone and a linebacker

Blaming the Flacco contract for the Boldin move is ridiculous. Joe's hit on the cap is only 7 mil. Boldin is gone because management did not want him at 6 mil. He's a great reciever but he's getting older. You're really going to see older reciecers become as disposable as running backs. They'll love you until they feel you're getting used up.

Very true, unless you're like me and wanted to give Flacco zero dollars for zero years.

Pro football Talks said Reed has hired an agent. Florio thinks he goes to the 49ers

Oh God no.....

Cullen was cut he isnt a FA whose contract expires on the 12th at the start of the league year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol cant believe the Vikings are choosing Christian fucking Ponder over Percy and the rest of the team

?

They chose a first round pick and some other draft picks over a guy whos never had 1000 receiving yards in a season, wanted a fairly large amount of money, is a total cunt and has had "injury" problems in the past.

Top Bottom