• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Hunter S.

Thats where he throws to.

bbWaXZP.gif
Lulza, when did this happen? It shows in his stats he had 0 interception with the Jets this year. Was this preseason?

He threw 9 interceptions in 23 games for the broncos. Not so bad.
Sanchez threw 69 interceptions in 62 games for the Jets with a higher interception percentage. Hmmm.. Fishy.

jakncoke

Banned
Damn thread's been dead for a month. I can't get on all day and there are 500 posts...

Anyways, my thoughts on the news:

Seattle made a great pickup but got absolutely fleeced. I bet no one else offered more than a 2nd round pick for him.

A sixth for Boldin? At least he wasn't Super Bowl mvp. :(

And this is beyond tampering. Hey, dumbasses, no signing contracts until tomorrow at 4!

1 day till madness ensues.. hopefully

Lulza, when did this happen? It shows in his stats he had 0 interception with the Jets this year. Was this preseason?

Sanchez threw 69 interceptions in 62 games for the Jets with a higher interception percentage. Hmmm.. Fishy.
Yeah that was in one of the preseason games.

squicken

I would be happy with Eifert. Combined with Kendricks we would have a really nice set of receiving tight ends that could open up big plays deep to Givens. They resigned one DT today. What's the thought process behind looking at D Lineman? I think we are really solid there. I would be happy with OT, TE, WR in the first round. Possibly RB? Could be rough with SJAX gone. We need two safeties with Mikell gone and a linebacker

Hayes was a really solid rotation guy all over the DL, but he's going to get starters money and probably leave. The issue is that Quinn and Long are both poor vs run, and against SF and SEA, only one was on field in base. Work better as pass rushers

Getting stout at DT is good b/c it takes away the inside zone play and power that SEA and SF like to run. I would be really interested if Sheldon Richardson was there at 16. The dream is one of those OTs getting to 16, but that won't happen. After that, Cooper, but that won't happen. So you hope they go BPA, and if it's a DT, you take him

As far as RBs, I don't believe you take them in first round, but Fisher will. If he falls in love with Lacey, he may start dreaming of a power run ball control/defensive team to handle SEA and SF

Alright kids, trip on this.

Blaming the Flacco contract for the Boldin move is ridiculous. Joe's hit on the cap is only 7 mil. Boldin is gone because management did not want him at 6 mil. He's a great reciever but he's getting older. You're really going to see older reciecers become as disposable as running backs. They'll love you until they feel you're getting used up.

Second, people thinking the playoffs were a fluke and the offense is going to regress are failing to understand that we got rid of the biggest hinderance, Cam Cameron. Once Jim Caldwell really started putting his stamp on it the whole system really started to gel. Joe is going to have a career year in 2013 with a Caldwell system, two beast RBs, and a great receiving corp. I'm talking Rice, Pierce, Smith, Jones, Pitta, and more.

And let's not forget this was only Joe's fifth year in the leauge. His worst plays came in his rookie and sophmore seasons. He has done nothing but grow in ability and confidence. In all honesty this Super Bowl should of been his repeat trip, not his first. I can think of about 27 teams that would be better with Flacco at QB.

Nobody wins a Super Bowl by themselves but Flacco was a big reason that they did. Just think of how many teams have won it all compared to how many there are and you'll understand that every SB win is special and I'll let nothing spoil that.

Yeah the Jim Caldwell "throw it to Anquan" system is going to work REAL WELL without Anquan. Boldin moves the chains and basically snatches any ball Flacco threw at him, we'll see whether Torre Smith can step up.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah the Jim Caldwell "throw it to Anquan" system is going to work REAL WELL without Anquan. Boldin moves the chains and basically snatches any ball Flacco threw at him, we'll see whether Torre Smith can step up.

I'd definitely trade a 6th round pick for Torrey. He's just that good.

squicken

Seriously. Sanchez isn't just inept; he's also a turnover machine. Supposedly he is a good guy and Deadspin did an awful hit piece on him, so it's not like I enjoy it when he screws up like I do with Vick. But he was worse than Cassell last year

Did you watch Reed in coverage? He is a poor fit for what they need. They should get a pure coverage guy, not a slow broken down Polamalu-lite.

i don't think he is a great FS anymore but have you seen goldson in coverage? yeah it's sweet that he gets a highlight hit every week but he can't cover anyone.... ever

Milchjon

Seriously. Sanchez isn't just inept; he's also a turnover machine. Supposedly he is a good guy and Deadspin did an awful hit piece on him, so it's not like I enjoy it when he screws up like I do with Vick. But he was worse than Cassell last year

What was that about? I seem to remember some underage girl thing?

Do you have a link? Let me give them the page views.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Don't forget rapist. Sanchez is a rapist buttfumbling turnover machine.

eznark

Banned
i don't think he is a great FS anymore but have you seen goldson in coverage? yeah it's sweet that he gets a highlight hit every week but he can't cover anyone.... ever

It's a pretty deep FS FA class it looks like. I imagine he won't come cheap so it seems odd to me. Obviously it all depends on the contract.

I definitely think its basically a lateral move. Reed got abused often. Great hands and instinct though but that stuff evaporates quickly once the legs go.

It's a pretty deep FS FA class it looks like. I imagine he won't come cheap so it seems odd to me. Obviously it all depends on the contract.

I definitely think its basically a lateral move. Reed got abused often. Great hands and instinct though but that stuff evaporates quickly once the legs go.

Well we took two from the Giants last year and got to the SB. Maybe taking two from the Ravens would get us all the way?

Hayes was a really solid rotation guy all over the DL, but he's going to get starters money and probably leave. The issue is that Quinn and Long are both poor vs run, and against SF and SEA, only one was on field in base. Work better as pass rushers

Getting stout at DT is good b/c it takes away the inside zone play and power that SEA and SF like to run. I would be really interested if Sheldon Richardson was there at 16. The dream is one of those OTs getting to 16, but that won't happen. After that, Cooper, but that won't happen. So you hope they go BPA, and if it's a DT, you take him

As far as RBs, I don't believe you take them in first round, but Fisher will. If he falls in love with Lacey, he may start dreaming of a power run ball control/defensive team to handle SEA and SF

BPA is the way to go for sure. As far as RBs go I'm concerned about Terrance's ability to carry the big back load

Red Lobster night. After nearly a week of the flu and eating very little, I'm about to blow up from the amount of shrimp and bay biscuits I've eaten...

Hunter S.

I only slightly rip on Sanchez because of Tebow not getting a chance to play even when Sanchez made some of the most laughable mistakes for the Jets last year. So yes, I really have nothing against him. Yeah, even the Chiefs could see Cassel was not the answer and tried a different option even if it was lacking. Fact is Tebow sucked in Denver's practice squad, but still performed when replacing Orton. When all is failing you got to mix things up.

I do not know though if Cassel's replacement "small hands" will make a huge difference. Chiefs to improve by 4 wins max I would say.

Godslay

Banned
I only slightly rip on Sanchez because of Tebow not getting a chance to play even when Sanchez made some of the most laughable mistakes for the Jets last year. So yes, I really have nothing against him. Yeah, even the Chiefs could see Cassel was not the answer and tried a different option even if it was lacking. Fact is Tebow sucked in Denver's practice squad, but still performed when replacing Orton. When all is failing you got to mix things up.

I do not know though if Cassel's replacement "small hands" will make a huge difference. Chiefs to improve by 4 wins ma I would say.

Reid can outcoach Allen and McCoy. That's good for 4 wins right there.

Top Bottom