• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

xnipx

Fun fact. Joe did what Anquan wouldn't. Took less money in 2013 to stay with the team. They only asked for a 2 million cut and we more than likely would have paid him next year.

Draxal

Ha, I didn't even see your post on it. DERP to me on that one.

Hope it gets done soon but I'm prepared to accept the first rounder worst case.

Tis all good, I found it funny that I posted that about 5 minutes before the Cruz switching agent thing was actually announced (it's been rumored for a while), and with the post explosion over the Boldin move.

Anyway stupid prediction time. I predict Boothe doesn't resign, Bennett does; Giants will get lucky and one of either Cooper or Warmack will drop and they'll defy recent history and pick one of those two.

Fun fact. Joe did what Anquan wouldn't. Took less money in 2013 to stay with the team. They only asked for a 2 million cut and we more than likely would have paid him next year.

Flacco set a bad presedence. They are going to ask Rice to take a pay cut next.

Maybe Ray Lewis can help supplement the players salaries? Don't know what they would do working for RayRay

_woLf

As a seahawk fan, I'm not a fan of this trade.

Percy will bring too much drama, and he was far too expensive. To me, this was either 1. A direct response to SF picking up Boldin, or 2. A sign that Seattle has a deal in the works to get a first rounder in exchange for Matt Flynn.

Hunter S.

Hopefully Flacco enjoys his money, because he's about to become Trent Dilfer 2.0.

Broncos-GAF, should I be happy?
It should not make a huge difference either way, he was suspended for 9 games last year due to DUI charges and probable marijuana use (damn Colorado legality) due to drug test cheating. He played middle line backer and would have made 5.7 million. The broncos were just as good if not better without him. He could only fit as an outside linebacker which is taken by probowler Miller and Haywood who did very well in William's place.

Good for the Broncos to free up more money for more lacking positions

The Cruz situation reminds me of Burress back in the day. He switched agents when things weren't getting done and went with Rosenhaus who got him signed with the Giants in two days. Dare I hope for the same for Victor?

EDIT: Broncos update:

Mike Loyko said:
According to @JasonLaCanfora "several sources" expect the #Patriots to make a run at Victor Cruz.

Would love to steal him from you.

Tom Penny

I'm shocked that Boldin is going to SF for a 6th round pick. Apparently there were zero teams that need a WR in the whole entire NFC and a 6th was just too steep. Almost seems shady !!!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I will masturbate furiously if we get a first for HoFlynn.

It'd be absolutely brilliant if the Seahawks upper brass essentially get Percy Harvin for Matt Flynn. In this QB hungry market Flynn demands at least a 2nd rounder.

A day that has Percy Harvin leaving the NFC North is a great day for Detroit.

cdyhybrid

Ok so you're going 8-8? with a ton of passing stats.

Who going to give you a 1st?

You should masturbate furiously if you get a third for Flynn.

It'd be absolutely brilliant if the Seahawks upper brass essentially get Percy Harvin for Matt Flynn. In this QB hungry market Flynn demands at least a 2nd rounder.

A day that has Percy Harvin leaving the NFC North is a great day for Detroit.

Agreed with all. That's why getting a first would be incredible.

Would love to steal him from you.
It still wouldn't be enough to heal those wounds you carry, Dutch. ;)

By the way, here's that full report from CBS:

"Several sources" tell CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that the Patriots had considered a run at restricted free agent Victor Cruz before Cruz switched agents to Tom Condon on Monday.
Slapped with the first-round tender, acquiring Cruz would require teams to fork over a large long-term contract in addition to a first-round pick. The Pats apparently considered it nonetheless, but have a well-documented history of staying away from Condon's clients. Cruz presumably would have replaced Wes Welker in the slot. La Canfora believes there is still a possibility someone will make a run at Cruz, despite the costly restricted tender.
Source: CBS Sports
Mar 11 - 5:19 PM

You guys apparently don't like Condon all that much.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
DJ can be a good player, but too expensive and added headaches with off the field stuff. The move was expected, so nothing to get excited over. The one move I'm keying in on is Dumervil. I'd love to keep him around but is set to be paid 12 million this year. Team asked him to restructure and are at a stand still right now. He might get cut to dump his salary. Only time will tell I guess. Nice to resign Bruton though. Solid ST guy and DB depth.

Yeah.... this is a problem.

Though, how would you felt if they signed Osi with that money?

Hanie dumped too btw.

NOT CALEB, HE WAS GOING PLACES!

That could shift the balance of the AFC East.

This shifte the balance in the entire AFC.

Yeah.... this is a problem.

Though, how would you felt if they signed Osi with that money?

DJ Williams is a middle linebacker isn't he?

Edit : You're talking about Dumerville, makes more sense that way :D

didn't watch much college, but if you want a buddy then I can be

You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
Just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me

Always good to have somebody to discuss something with. Especially regarding something as important as a mock draft!

xnipx

I'm hearing that they traded him just so that the pats couldn't sign him lol. He was getting cut anyway after he said no to the pay cut. Smart move

xnipx

I can't wait to see how you guys react to Matt Ryan becoming the leagues highest paid player.
followed shortly by A Rodge

Hunter S.

He was younger and had another good qb, Kurt Warner. I'll get into more when I'm off work but y'all motherfuckers disgust me. Acting like Joe didn't just win a goddamn Super Bowl.
Ummm... It would be pure simplification to give him too much credit for the wins. I seem to recall Peyton, Champ Bailey and Fox handing him the divisional round. Not trying to take the win from him, but only those that no little of football , or the team they are talking about blame a loss or win entirely on the QB in most situations. A lot of every superbowl run is partially luck, especially with the high parity in the top teams. So Flacco may be good and worth keeping, but he by no means carried Baltimore to the Superbowl.

jakncoke

Banned
At least Fraudgers has a ring and has been a consistent MVP candidate.
Matt Ryan response
matty-ryan-9-30-12.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Free agency this year is already way better than last year's lame action. Outside the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, wasn't it just Asomough that was the big one?

edit: Glad to see that Bloomberg got put in his place. Get out of here with that garbage.

Fox318

Garrard isn't an end all. Dude has had injury problems even though he is 129381024981902740124109410247120 times better than Gabbert.

jbug617

Banned
La Canfora said Ed Reed met with Ravens officials and it's a good chance he also leaves. I think the Colts and Pats will be in play or Reed.

Top Bottom