• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

jakncoke

Banned
The Steelers wanted him back. They just could not agree on price.

For a guy who was washed up he was still our best pass rusher last year. He is never going to be the player he was in his prime, but there is still value to a guy who can get 6-8 sacks a year. The main question on Harrison is his health. Will he be able to get healthy and more importantly stay healthy?

If I was a team that needed a pass rusher I would consider Harrison if he was cheap. He is worth it just for his leadership and effort alone.

Just shows how bad our D was last year.

WedgeX

Banned
Also. AP's statement about feeling like he got kicked in the stomach several times is not hyperbole. He sees Suh a few times a year.

Hunter S.

Good, send Bolden to the NFC. He is getting pretty old despite his production remaining consistent. They probably predict he does not have too many good years left for his salary. Typical NFL. Bless Flacco.

Edit: @bolt His numbers were just as good before Flacco.

JABEE

Oh I agree it's stupid. I wish we had a luxury tax system like any other sane league but this can't be blamed on flacco. His contract is very cap friendly until the later years. This has nothing to do with boldin. If anything blame ellerbe

Blame Flacco! Blame Flacco! Blame Flacco!

The Cruz situation reminds me of Burress back in the day. He switched agents when things weren't getting done and went with Rosenhaus who got him signed with the Giants in two days. Dare I hope for the same for Victor?

f02ae66cfbf211527e679f4149a49eb0ca7ce047

EDIT: Broncos update:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

The Broncos have released DJ Williams

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans -
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings -
24. Colts -
25. Minnesota - from Seattle -
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans -
28. Broncos - Godslay
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers -
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Oh. K.
I think the Saints will go with a DT, but they might actually go with a CB or a Olineman instead. Getting thin on the front lines due to age. But Im not good at those mock draft things.

Doesn't matter. None of us are. You're always here anyway, rep your team in the draft.

What does he want paid? Pretty sure his agent was on Browns radio arguing that he deserves a 4 year deal lol

Wants to be making what he was with the Steelers. What team is going to give him that amount or the years to compensate? He'll be 35 on opening day, is now an injury risk, and is a target for the league.

...now that I think about it, i'm starting to accept him being gone.

JABEE

The Cruz situation reminds me of Burress back in the day. He switched agents when things weren't getting done and went with Rosenhaus who got him signed with the Giants in two days. Dare I hope for the same for Victor?

Which team is going to send an offer sheet to him?

squicken

Reading what you guys posted about his life in the city and connection to the community, it was pretty clear he was just hoping to leverage an offer sheet to get them to match. Guess he's switched agents before, so maybe there's more to it. But I would guess he wants to stay

DK: Put me or B for Bendetta down for the Rams at 22

Draxal

I think you might have confused me with BigAT, (who has much more saner POVs then I do).

Cruz's agent is also a newbie, and the Giants have a tradition of not dealing with those agents if they make insane demands (see the Burress Situation where he fired the agent, after the Giants said they're done dealing with him, he hired Rosenhaus and signed a deal with the Giants in the next two days).

The other thing that Cruz has (and it's mentioned by Eric from BBI, who runs BBI) is that he's a local boy from Paterson that's 10 miles away from the Stadium, and there's a pretty large hispanic community around. He might take a hometown discount for that reason. He is incredibly marketable to an untapped marked in the biggest market in the world.

Everybody was thinking the same thing; and let's be honest do you think Cruz's family wants to uproot from the NYC area and move to Minnesota?

Hunter S.

D J Williams was expected to be released because of his age and high salary. The Broncos defense was one of the most expensive in the league last year so they are cutting off the old dudes.

So you want flacco gone after he won us a Super Bowl

Yes

You have no reason to dislike flacco this much.

I have many reasons, but not the time to go through youtube to link them all.

Any other quarterback in the league who won the Super Bowl like that in their prime in a contract year would have gotten a max contract and deserved every penny.

Flacco was on the team that won the Superbowl, and put together a great four game run. Before that....average. The season before that.....average. Before that.....average. Boldin, Jacoby, and Torrey made Flacco look great. Now Boldin is gone, and who knows about Jacoby. Flacco doesn't make this receivers look great. He isn't Peyton. They make him look good.

I can't wait to ride this contract out in irrelevancy.

DK: Put me or B for Bendetta down for the Rams at 22

Just did. Don't know how I missed that for so long.

Just a reminder guys - this is group work. communicate with your fellow fans while picking. Don't be a hero. Buckethead i'm looking in your direction!

Use the thread and congregate, or take it to pms if you're the secretive type.

Everybody was thinking the same thing; and let's be honest do you think Cruz's family wants to uproot from the NYC area and move to Minnesota?
Ha, I didn't even see your post on it. DERP to me on that one.

Hope it gets done soon but I'm prepared to accept the first rounder worst case.

Draxal

Yes

Flacco was on the team that won the Superbowl, and put together a great four game run. Before that....average. The season before that.....average. Before that.....average. Boldin, Jacoby, and Torrey made Flacco look great. Now Boldin is gone, and who knows about Jacoby. Flacco doesn't make this receivers look great. He isn't Peyton. They make him look good.

If Tom Flacco were to commit to Maryland, would you no longer be a Terp fan?

Glad I never bought a Boldin jersey. Dude is overrated. Flacco was inflating his stats.

Boldin is a saint. He saved Flacco from throwing six INTs last year by beasting the DBs and ripping the ball from them with his vice like death grip.

If Tom Flacco were to commit to Maryland, would you no longer be a Terp fan?

God, it's so rough to be a UMD fan anyway (that UVA loss yesterday....fuck me), that I wish something could push me off them. But being on campus when they win a National Title makes you a fan for life.

xnipx

Yes

So who would you rather have than flacco if he is so average? Is Matt Ryan good to you? Eli? Ben? Do Wilson and Kaep deserve max contracts when their rookie deals are up?

Good, send Bolden to the NFC. He is getting pretty old despite his production remaining consistent. They probably predict he does not have too many good years left for his salary. Typical NFL. Bless Flacco.

Edit: @bolt His numbers were just as good before Flacco.

He was younger and had another good qb, Kurt Warner. I'll get into more when I'm off work but y'all motherfuckers disgust me. Acting like Joe didn't just win a goddamn Super Bowl.

bluemax

Banned
I think the cost was fair for the Seahawks, especially when you consider that the next likeliest suitor for him was probably the 49ers. I was surprised they didn't try to include Flynn as part of the deal, since the Vikings are looking for better competition behind Ponder. I guess that contract makes trading him near impossible.

I'm not entirely convinced we dump Flynn. Someone has to back up Russell.

Draxal

God, it's so rough to be a UMD fan anyway (that UVA loss yesterday....fuck me), that I wish something could push me off them. But being on campus when they win a National Title makes you a fan for life.

Well, you'll have at least have my team ready to be your punching bag in college basketball in 2014.

eznark

Banned
Lol Niners making desperation moves to keep up with the Seahawks. The pick is irrelevant, good on the Ravens for getting anything for a guy everyone knew they were going to cut and congrats Boldin for keeping that ridiculous contract!

So who would you rather have than flacco if he is so average? Is Matt Ryan good to you? Eli? Ben? Do Wilson and Kaep deserve max contracts when their rookie deals are up?

Leaving out the playoffs last year, show me some stats where Flacco is deserving to be top five payed QB.

Godslay

Banned
Broncos-GAF, should I be happy?

DJ can be a good player, but too expensive and added headaches with off the field stuff. The move was expected, so nothing to get excited over. The one move I'm keying in on is Dumervil. I'd love to keep him around but is set to be paid 12 million this year. Team asked him to restructure and are at a stand still right now. He might get cut to dump his salary. Only time will tell I guess. Nice to resign Bruton though. Solid ST guy and DB depth.

Top Bottom