• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Neither can Whitner or any of the scrubs they had back there. Fuck did they all suck after the GB game.

but you kind of expect a SS to suck at coverage. a FS should at least be competent. that's why i said goldson might be the best SS in the league! but i expect some coverage skills out of the FS

You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France?
samuel_l__jackson_pulp_fiction.jpg

Milchjon

They dont have biscuits in Germany?

No. Not what you people call biscuits.

You're missing out, bro.

Food equivalent of crack right there.

I know. When I visited the US, I made sure to get as many of them as possible.

Actually, I'm kinda glad stuff like Popeyes doesn't exist over here. I'd look like JaMarcus otherwise.

Edit: I should probably try to make them myself one day. They're basically fat, flour and salt, right?

Edit: I should probably try to make them myself one day. They're basically fat, flour and salt, right?
I don't think it's that simple otherwise every mom and pop operation would be churning out delicious cheesy biscuits.

Maybe you can torture the head chef for the secret recipe and see if he coughs it up?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheddar-Bay-Biscuit-Recipe/

I've done that at home and it's pretty close. I can't get them exact though so they fall short of the original but might be close enough for you.

I am a snob about something's but I like Red Lobster. Their wood grilled stuff is good.
It's plenty good. I'll do Lobster and other shell fish at home on the grill and kill Red Lobster but fuck man - sometimes I don't want to bother and Red Lobster hits that spot perfectly at a decent price.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They don't even sell canned biscuits in Germany? There has to be an American specialty grocer somewhere. Get some of these:

20121119-pillsbury-biscuit-dough-cans-primary.jpg

Milchjon

Friend and I made a smaller version of a Turducken yesterday (Duck, chicken, quail).

Shit was delicious, so I ain't even mad about the lack of biscuits.

jakncoke

Banned
Never had Red Lobster, from what I hear the one closest is always a long wait unless you eat at 2. Im not the most patient guy in the world so I'll probably never eat there

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
wtf.gif

edit - So Harvin is making more than all of qb's on the roster combined? Cut Flynn and it's more like 5x the amount from qb's. Hear that, blarry?!

squicken

So if your team drafts a WR in year one, and he plays in zero games, and they trade for a 32 year old WR and pay him 6 million, you can kind of assume that the team thinks that rookie is worthless, right?

eznark

Banned
So if your team drafts a WR in year one, and he plays in zero games, and they trade for a 32 year old WR and pay him 6 million, you can kind of assume that the team thinks that rookie is worthless, right?

No I assume the team realizes they have zero window and are scrambling to win now.

he played in a few games, just had 0 catches!

also, as you and many others saw last year, you need to have depth. we were hurt in the playoffs because of injuries at WR. aj jenkins is unlikely to ever live up to his first round pick status but that doesn't mean he can't contribute here and there. look like a complete wasted pick right now though

squicken

he played in a few games, just had 0 catches!

also, as you and many others saw last year, you need to have depth. we were hurt in the playoffs because of injuries at WR. aj jenkins is unlikely to ever live up to his first round pick status but that doesn't mean he can't contribute here and there. look like a complete wasted pick right now though

As you can guess, Rams fans went nuts on Twitter today. SEA and SF are well run teams. Just can't miss on draft picks. Rams had two 2nd round guys on offense that did nothing. SEA is going to stay in control if they keep making killer moves in personnel. Amazing draft last year. They have a top 5 CB and a top 10 QB that they found in the 5th and 3rd. Dirt cheap and lets them keep core together for a long time

Godslay

Banned
Are the Broncos planning to cut Elvis Dumervil?

Maybe? No one knows for sure. Asked him to take a paycut, his agent responded back with a counter offer, no word from the Broncos yet. He asked to be released by tomorrow if Broncos don't have a deal in the works. Hate to see him go, but he's not a $12 million dollar man.

As you can guess, Rams fans went nuts on Twitter today. SEA and SF are well run teams. Just can't miss on draft picks. Rams had two 2nd round guys on offense that did nothing. SEA is going to stay in control if they keep making killer moves in personnel. Amazing draft last year. They have a top 5 CB and a top 10 QB that they found in the 5th and 3rd. Dirt cheap and lets them keep core together for a long time

yeah they had a killer draft last year.... almost as good as our 2011 draft :D

Maybe? No one knows for sure. Asked him to take a paycut, his agent responded back with a counter offer, no word from the Broncos yet. He asked to be released by tomorrow if Broncos don't have a deal in the works. Hate to see him go, but he's not a $12 million dollar man.

If he is cut I hope the Eagles claim him and pay him that much.

They have a top 5 CB and a top 10 QB that they found in the 5th and 3rd. Dirt cheap and lets them keep core together for a long time
....but they have to win now. I'm genuinely curious where that level of urgency is coming from? The QB is 24.

Godslay was being facetious but its understandable for the Broncos to have a "win now" mentality as they have a certain window with Peyton.

squicken

yeah they had a killer draft last year.... almost as good as our 2011 draft :D

True but you are paying for Willis, Bowman, J Smith, and Gore. Their core guys are still on their rookie deals. They are where you were when you had Nolan, only they have their QB and coach in place

....but they have to win now. I'm genuinely curious where that level of urgency is coming from? The QB is 24.

It's a risky move. All that money and a 1st and 3rd next year. If he is trouble or gets hurt, that retards things. But then needed another playmaker on offense, and they'll cut Rice next year if not this year. Salaries don't wash, but it lessens it. They can now go after defense in the draft, which is odd given their rankings, but they really need help there

Godslay

Banned
If he is cut I hope the Eagles claim him and pay him that much.

I always hear he is more suited to a 3-4, I would think that he would go to a spot that runs that? Money talks though. I don't think he's worth 12 million a year, and I doubt many teams would want to foot the bill for him at that level. Could be wrong though.

Godslay was being facetious but its understandable for the Broncos to have a "win now" mentality as they have a certain window with Peyton.

Yeah, I want them to go all in. 3 or 4 year window basically, let it all hang out and suffer for a few years afterwards.

As far as Seattle, I don't understand the rush, but I think you have to respect going all in. Might not be the right move, but if you think you have your franchise QB might as well go all out and get him weapons.

I always hear he is more suited to a 3-4, I would think that he would go to a spot that runs that? Money talks though. I don't think he's worth 12 million a year, and I doubt many teams would want to foot the bill for him at that level. Could be wrong though.

Eagles are going to run at least some form of a 3-4 now.

I don't get what people are quick to call AJ Jenkins a bust. Don't most good WR take about a year or two to really start becoming productive anyways? He did have some nice catches during preseason last year. I know he turned down Rice's offer to work out but it's still way too early to make any sort of judgement at this point....

Godslay

Banned
Eagles are going to run at least some form of a 3-4 now.

Wasn't aware of that, thought they ran a 4-3. Well then there you go. He's 29, which isn't too old, but definitely on the slide. He's small as well, and not so hot against the run. Even with that said, he's still an excellent pass rusher. The question is, is he worth $12 million a year? The Broncos don't seem to think so, and I don't know. The $12 million figure is like the ghost of McDaniel's past coming back to haunt us.

Top Bottom