• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Paul Kruger is a product of the talent around him.

He was productive before Suggs came back and when the killer was injured as well. He's solid, maybe not great. Wears his pants too high tho.

Looks like Nnamdi was cut. Wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs or Pats pick him up, he's a good man-to-man CB.

On the opening of the 2013 league year and the start of free agency, the Eagles have announced the release of cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who was signed at the opening of free agency during the summer of 2011. Asomugha, 31, played two seasons with the Eagles, playing in all 32 games and recording four interceptions.

After earning Pro Bowl honors each year from 2008-2010, Asomugha received no such honors during his next two seasons with the Eagles. The release of Asomugha will reportedly save the team about $9 million in salary cap space.

"Coach Kelly and I each had a chance to speak with Nnamdi earlier and he took the news with a lot of class," said Eagles general manager Howie Roseman. "We expected nothing less than that from him. He has been a true pro on and off the field for this organization and our community and we wish him all the best as he continues his NFL career. We spoke to his representatives at the Combine about his future status with the team and wanted to take time to analyze and make a decision. In the end, Coach and I both felt we needed to move in a different direction at the cornerback position for 2013 and beyond."

With Asomugha released and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie hitting free agency, the Eagles currently have six cornerbacks on the roster: Brandon Boykin, Curtis Marsh, Brandon Hughes, Trevard Lindley, Eddie Whitley and Chris Hawkins.

BigAT

A little surprised at the Aaron Ross re-signing, I didn't think there would be that much interest from the Giants end of things. I've got to imagine it's a minimum deal, or close to it, in which case it's a nice signing for the depth alone.

A little surprised at the Aaron Ross re-signing, I didn't think there would be that much interest from the Giants end of things. I've got to imagine it's a minimum deal, or close to it, in which case it's a nice signing for the depth alone.
Vet minimum. Book it.

TheFatOne

Reed would be the ideal fit in the secondary.

Would be pretty fucking sweet. McCourty is turning into a solid safety. If they could get all those players they would only be missing someone to help Jones, and a linebacker or two who could actually cover someone. Lots of good players the Pats could get, and the have the space to do it.

Edit: They would have to sacrifice some offense to do it, but I don't really care. Even without Welker the offense will still be good.

Draxal

I'm not shocked, it's vet min, he knows the system, and our cb depth is in horrific shape.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Unforeseen!

I welcome this man to the NFCN.

RickFlairWoo.gif

Great move. A veteran CB who causes turnovers.

Colasante

Would be pretty fucking sweet. McCourty is turning into a solid safety. If they could get all those players they would only be missing someone to help Jones, and a linebacker or two who could actually cover someone. Lots of good players the Pats could get, and the have the space to do it.

Edit: They would have to sacrifice some offense to do it, but I don't really care. Even without Welker the offense will still be good.

I still have faith in Tavon Wilson. I think with another offseason of coaching he can work as the starting strong safety. He was solid last year except for the coverage breakdown on two long TDs that pissed Belichick off.

Duxxy3

A middle linebacker that could cover TE's would be great on third down. Spikes is one of the best run stoppers in the league but a huge liability in coverage.

TheFatOne

I still have faith in Tavon Wilson. I think with another offseason of coaching he can work as the starting strong safety. He was solid last year except for the coverage breakdown on two long TDs that pissed Belichick off.

Wilson could develop into a nice player, but I don't have faith in the Pats coaching staff. The secondary coaches are a detriment to this team.

Striker

Actually rather pleased with Ross coming back.
No guaranteed he makes it, but he could be looked at as a Safety, too. Punt return ability.

I mean, instead of pushing out the Michael Coe and Justin Tryon's of the league, having Ross out there is less worrisome. Still an uphill battle, especially since it's likely they draft a corner.

Look at it this way: only Prince and Hosley are the only guys who are signed for after the season. Webster, Thomas and Ross all have one year left.

Duxxy3

Wilson could develop into a nice player, but I don't have faith in the Pats coaching staff. The secondary coaches are a detriment to this team.

I was hoping our horribly inexperienced secondary coaches would be fired the day after the Ravens game. Sadly it didn't happen and now they can screw up a whole new batch of defensive backs.

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel

Ex-Giant Mitch Petrus is available again, by the way. Titans have announced he'll be released.
How long until he's resigned?:D

Chiefs update:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Chiefs expected to sign TE Anthony Fasano.

Dolphins:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Dolphins and Mike Wallace are negotiating a five-year deal that one source familiar with the talks said is "very, very likely" to get done

eznark

Banned
Yes! Vikings dedicated to keeping Ponder healthy! Sign Loadholt. Keep Ponder as healthy as possible!!

Man, this is already a great FA period for GB fans!

Draxal

Anway, these are my picks for the Giants pre ufa signees.

My dream picks
1. Warmack (G) Bama
2. Minter (MLB) LSU

Trend picks
1. Werner DE (FSU)
2. Wreh-Wilson CB (UCONN)

Trend defying picks
1. Eifert TE (ND)
2. Pugh OT (SU)

Hope the Giants go after Delanie Walker.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter

Dolphins and Mike Wallace are negotiating a five-year deal that one source familiar with the talks said is "very, very likely" to get done

Hoping Vikings get Cruz now.

Top Bottom