• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Packers-GAF:

I like Benson/Harris but maybe Benson's injury showed something really troubling mean he's done in the NFL.

SJax can come in and contribute immediately and will be more reliable than Harris and Green while they learn the ropes.

So... why so srs?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers-GAF:

I like Benson/Harris but maybe Benson's injury showed something really troubling mean he's done in the NFL.

SJax can come in and contribute immediately and will be more reliable than Harris and Green while they learn the ropes.

So... why so srs?

I'm just not convinced the price will be worth it. Is he going to be *that* much better than Harris or Green? Can he block? He's also practically the same age as Ryan Grant (who we still have on the roster for the time being).

Like I said, I just hope he's cheap!

effzee

The Philly 49ers

Jean-Francois, Sopoaga, Cox is a good start to the line. Especially if we're going to that 3-4 hybrid. Just need to find that SAM and fix up the secondary now.

Yeah and already such a great departure from the type of guys Reid valued.

If we get these guys and draft a DE/DT at 4 our line will be loaded

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Eagles closing in on an agreement with Texans free agent tight end James Casey.

SPLASHHHHHHH

I'm just not convinced the price will be worth it. Is he going to be *that* much better than Harris or Green? Can he block? He's also practically the same age as Ryan Grant (who we still have on the roster for the time being).

I just find it funny how people bitch about Ted not being active in free agency but when he does they always complain about what he does.

I understand both age/money concerns but I think they should bring Jackson in, sit him first 12 games of the season, and use him exclusively for the playoffs.

No I'm not joking. This is my serious face.

Sappy113

SJ is a grinder. He won't take anything to the house, but he's better than anything on the Packers roster right now. He's also a really good blocker. What you need to be worried about is whether or not his body can keep up, if you plan to run him 25 times a game for 16 weeks straight.

Hunter S.

Vasquez is just what Peyton needs, a guy that the does not fuck up during snapping the ball to him. Pass protection is key with how much PaPa threw last year.

JABEE

Our window is closed. I'm going full pessimistic this free agency.
Why? The Niners have a franchise QB, a great set of receiver, a great line, and a great defense. Why is there any pessimism?

Your one glaring weakness has been fixed. You have an upper-tier QB.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just find it funny how people bitch about Ted not being active in free agency but when he does they always complain about what he does.

I understand both age/money concerns but I think they should bring Jackson in, sit him first 12 games of the season, and use him exclusively for the playoffs.

No I'm not joking. This is my serious face.

I'm complaining because we didn't lose in the playoffs because our running backs were insufficient unless you want to use Kastrioti's argument that running backs help the defense. I'd like to see some depth added to our defense at some point. Unless we're looking at going 7 rounds of defense this draft (which will also irritate me because we need a kicker in the later rounds).

SJ is a grinder. He won't take anything to the house, but he's better than anything on the Packers roster right now. He's also a really good blocker. What you need to be worried about is whether or not his body can keep up, if you plan to run him 25 times a game for 16 weeks straight.

Oh we would never run it with one guy that often. McCarthy loves Kuhn far far too much for that.

brentech

That would never happen. He'll get like 10-15 carries, maybe.
If packers bring him in, it's for an immediate upgrade to pass blocking back, and to have him help our young RB core into doing the same.

Expect him to split carries with Harris

Why? The Niners have a franchise QB, a great set of receiver, a great line, and a great defense. Why is there any pessimism?

Seahawks, no fucking cap, we blew two good chances the last two years in the playoffs, and this team hasn't won anything since I was four. There is no level headed thinking in this anymore, just my gut feeling.

Striker

LETS F'ING GO!
After what Chud did with guys like Gates, Winslow, and Olsen/Shockey, it would be scary to see what plans he and Turner have stored for Cook if he signs. Jordan Cameron still there also, right? Former b-ball player.

-

Hixon is probably waiting to see other offers or see if Giants don't sign another WR/return man.

Seahawks, no fucking cap, we blew two good chances the last two years in the playoffs, and this team hasn't won anything since I was four. There is no level headed thinking in this anymore, just my gut feeling.

Didn't we just get Boldin yesterday for next to nothing? (Well fine, six million can hardly be considered nothing...) But believe in BaalkeBaugh!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
LETS F'ING GO!

We got this!

brownshub_zpsed50d842.gif

Top Bottom