• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Didn't we just get Boldin yesterday for next to nothing? (Well fine, six million can hardly be considered nothing...) But believe in BaalkeBaugh!

Oh and we can't resign anyone who is a free agent and we are getting our personnel poached. If we won the SB I wouldn't feel so bad but getting this close and having nothing to show for it sucks.

J.P. ‏@PhinsRock
NFL Network reporting that Jared Cook is leaning towards signing with the Rams. But Miami still has interest...Back and forth they go.
:/
I hope Kruger is trying to get Ellerbe to sign with Browns

Sappy113

That would never happen. He'll get like 10-15 carries, maybe.
If packers bring him in, it's for an immediate upgrade to pass blocking back, and to have him help our young RB core into doing the same.

Expect him to split carries with Harris

That'd be the best way to use him. But SJ doesn't seem to think so him self. He still wants to be the focus back. At least that's his official explanation for not returning to St. Louis, where Fisher explained he'd need to be splitting carries with Daryl Richardson and Pead.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
:/
I hope Kruger is trying to get Ellerbe to sign with Browns

How come he don't want us man?

350x700px-LL-d03fb7eb_FreshPrinceWhy.jpeg

brentech

That'd be the best way to use him. But SJ doesn't seem to think so him self. He still wants to be the focus back. At least that's his official explanation for not returning to St. Louis, where Fisher explained he'd need to be splitting carries with Daryl Richardson and Pead.
I saw that. Also said he wants to win.
I think if we gave him a slight majority of carries and he got to stay on the field for most passing downs he'd be happy.

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions aren't a better team than the Giants.

Not everyone gets the privilege of playing next to Megatron. It eats up lesser men and spits them out with swelled brains, broken legs, torn knees, etc.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Several teams focused on Drew Stanron now in the dwindling QB market. Jets, Dolphins and Falcons among those interested

The Land Dragon should lead the sea mammals!

Oh and we can't resign anyone who is a free agent and we are getting our personnel poached. If we won the SB I wouldn't feel so bad but getting this close and having nothing to show for it sucks.

We still have our five hundred draft picks.....I can name about 31 other teams who would love that.

Well if the Rams get Cook and Long that will definitely ease some of the pressure to reach for needs with our early picks. We will be able to draft the best player available for the most part. Maybe reach for Patterson or Austin with one pick if they are still available

I need more signings. FEED ME!
Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN
RT @ seankjensen TE Jared Cook is being seriously pursued by several teams, including # Dolphins, # Browns and # Rams, according to a source.
Still in it? No matter what I think we're gonna try and get a 2nd round pick somehow, I I know we've Interviewd both top TE prospects in the draft

I am liking what I am hearing about the eagles so far. Soap and RJF should be big players for them. Glad to see the 3-4 switch seems to be going well.

All these teams going crazy in FA, meanwhile in Charlotte:
crickets.gif

At least the Panthers won't overspend on an overrated player like some of these teams have done/will do.
Mainly because we have no money to spend

Just resign Captain, plz.

Jets are gonna sign every QB they can get. They are gonna run a new formation having only QBs and Holmes.

They felt so burnt at having no QB's on the roster last year, that this year they're stockpiling "misfits", "has beens", and "never weres".

effzee

I am liking what I am hearing about the eagles so far. Soap and RJF should be big players for them. Glad to see the 3-4 switch seems to be going well.

Yeah plus I wonder with Gamble as the personnel guy and possibly adding all these 49ers FAs, if we aren't modeling our D after the Niners. Dion Jordan has drawn comparisons to Aldon Smith. Hmm @ pick 4?

Afrikan

@NFLSTROUD: Bucs have sent a plane to pick up #49ers free agent S Dashon Goldson from California tonight, according to agent Ben Dogra.

welp... he's gone. :(

that team is showing him love man...going out of their way to show him they want him.

I don't want no fake 9er fans responding with how Goldson's "overrated" or whatever....dude was voted ALL Pro for a reason...not just starting Probowler, but All Pro.

fuuuuuuuk!

that team is showing him love man...going out of their way to show him they want him.

I don't want no fake 9er fans responding with how Goldson's "overrated" or whatever....dude was voted ALL Pro for a reason...not just starting Probowler, but All Pro.

fuuuuuuuk!

I just wish he was better in coverage because damn could that man hit.

W1SSY

Colts agreement in principle has been reached with the following players.
Gosder Cherilus – OT Detroit
Greg Toler – DB Arizona

fuuuuuuuk!

Yah this hurts, but we'll be getting Ed Reed soon enough if the reports are to be believed. Draft someone and then have him as a one-two year stopgap. Should be more than fine with our safety situation. Whitner otoh.../facepalm

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
They felt so burnt at having no QB's on the roster last year, that this year they're stockpiling "misfits", "has beens", and "never weres".

Starting to sound like a 80s sports comedy. Now they are gonna group together and become the best team of all time. Tebow being the main guy. Hopefully we get a sequel.

squicken

Gosder Cherilus – OT Detroit

Greg Toler – DB Arizona

Erik Walden – LB Green Bay

Colts were busy. Need to see the numbers to really know

Top Bottom