• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Fox318

All these teams going crazy in FA, meanwhile in Charlotte:
crickets.gif

At least the Panthers won't overspend on an overrated player like some of these teams have done/will do.
Mainly because we have no money to spend

Just resign Captain, plz.

They felt so burnt at having no QB's on the roster last year, that this year they're stockpiling "misfits", "has beens", and "never weres".
I know first hand that Amad Bradshaw was in the state not to long ago.

I love everything the Colts have done so far, up until this....

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn Erik Walden leaves #Packers for 4-year, $16M deal with #Colts. Walden says he was signed with every expectation to start opposite R. Mathis.
Retweeted by Paul Kuharsky

Like the Thomas and Toler signings especially, sucks that they lost out on both Levitre and Vasquez.

DoubleTap

“@AdamSchien: NFL Breaking News: Eagles have traded Michael Vick to the Oakland Raiders for Darren McFadden #NFL”
EDIT: Fake Account. The one time i freakin post . :-(

squicken

Is there such a thing as Atlanta Free Press? That trade is nowhere else. Unless they are all embargoed like that guy says. But still. weird

edit: there is a fake schien account, just like there is a fake lacanfora account. make sure it's verified

brentech

Bye bye Erik "wife beater" Walden. Gone and forgotten.

Colts fans/ squicken, enjoy his inability to set the edge in run support and his complete lack of intelligence (which is saying something considering the level of intelligence required to play OLB). He can bring some pressure every few games though.

UdaXo49.gif

bam bam

LevelNth

Banned
Some of you 49ers fans here need to calm down, we're not getting poached. Walker is overvalued, Sopoaga is old and was below average last year, RJF is solid but not game changing (I have full faith Williams will replace them handily) and losing Goldson was an inevitability.

With cuts either now of completed contracts next season, we will have the cap room to easily resign Kap, Crab, Iupati, Davis and Aldon, and we have the picks this year to address S, DL and WR, our only true needs.

Not to mention we ALREADY have 9 picks next year, 4 in the Top 96, and Walker, Goldson and maybe even RJF will each net us Round 3 compensatory picks EACH.

I'm biased but fuck it, no other franchise is as well set now or in the near future as the Niners.

squicken

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
I know sum of u fans want BIG names n neon- Old,hurt or off field question marks/Grigson isn't GM of year,who won 11 games by being wrong!

Irsay knows what is up. Sign young guys cheap and coach 'em up. Except Walden. too much money

xnipx

5 years 35 mil for ellerbe. Ozzie stay getting linebackers paaaiiiidddd.

Remember when we lost Bart Scott and Adalius??

cdyhybrid

Some of you 49ers fans here need to calm down, we're not getting poached. Walker is overvalued, Sopoaga is old and was below average last year, RJF is solid but not game changing (I have full faith Williams will replace them handily) and losing Goldson was an inevitability.

With cuts either now of completed contracts next season, we will have the cap room to easily resign Kap, Crab, Iupati, Davis and Aldon, and we have the picks this year to address S, DL and WR, our only true needs.

Not to mention we ALREADY have 9 picks next year, 4 in the Top 96, and Walker, Goldson and maybe even RJF will each net us Round 3 compensatory picks EACH.

I'm biased but fuck it, no other franchise is as well set now or in the near future as the Niners.
He's right. Wait to panic until we beat you by 30 again.

W1SSY

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
I know sum of u fans want BIG names n neon- Old,hurt or off field question marks/Grigson isn't GM of year,who won 11 games by being wrong!

Irsay knows what is up. Sign young guys cheap and coach 'em up. Except Walden. too much money

That is assuming they are signing all the guys for cheap. I agree, it is probably more important to get young guys who haven't had a chance at other places and bring them in.

bionic77

Don't know if he's good? It's not like I didn't know who he was, I just asked your opinion on him once. You are a Steelers fan so I'm sure you've seen more of him than I have over the past few years.
He will have his speed for the next 3-4 years barring injury but what else do we know about the guy? He sucked dick last year in a contract year. Dropped passes, was not sharp in his routes, lack of splash plays.

You can point to him being pissed about his contract but don't great players continue to perform just for prides sake? Honestly I would be very cautious giving a guy like Wallace money. I hate the Pats and want the Dolphins to be good in that division so I would love to see him be Randy Moss 2.0, but for me there a lot of question marks.

I mean what Steelers fan even cared that he is leaving?

I am worried he is going to flop.

Kinda surprised we didn't re-sign Toler. Wasn't overly sold on him being #2 anyway especially with the injuries but he at least had potential. Toler and Gay gone, need to sign a CB. Right now it's sounding like we'll be taking Powers off Indy's hands, so basically swapping injury prone CB's.

Also, wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up signing Stanton and cutting Kolb. Definitely drafting a QB regardless.

I'm the cup half empty to your the cup is overflowing fuck every other team.

Top Bottom