• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
IRqOxmY.png

Colasante

Bucs and Browns have both inquired about Mallett. Pats either don't want to trade him or are playing the two off each other

I don't think it's serious. Browns have Belichick's old BFF Lombardi and Bucs have his new BFF Greg Schiano, so it could just be an attempt to drum up interest in Mallett.

He will have his speed for the next 3-4 years barring injury but what else do we know about the guy? He sucked dick last year in a contract year. Dropped passes, was not sharp in his routes, lack of splash plays.

You can point to him being pissed about his contract but don't great players continue to perform just for prides sake? Honestly I would be very cautious giving a guy like Wallace money. I hate the Pats and want the Dolphins to be good in that division so I would love to see him be Randy Moss 2.0, but for me there a lot of question marks.

I mean what Steelers fan even cared that he is leaving?

I am worried he is going to flop.
All valid concerns but what I'm saying is when you are in the Dolphins' position you don't have much of a choice but to take some risks. Wallace was by far the best option available and ever since Marshall left it's been a huge need for the team so they had to fill it.

Also, I heard an interview with Charlie Batch recently and it contradicted a lot of what you're saying. I mean obviously he's going to be biased but he was praising Wallace for his work ethic and ability to soak up information, as well as his desire to improve as a route runner and all-around solid WR. So at the least it's not like he has no potential and is a complete bum.

It's risky but when you are the Dolphins you need to take some big risks.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I hope Cook does well, no hard feelings there. He's just been so inconsistent and lacks at all things blocking, I'm glad he's gone overall. Best of both worlds, especially since we just signed almost the exact same player for less money and actual blocking skills.

AND Levitre!! Titans are not being very Titan-y right now.

squicken

Schefter reporting Rams have reached agreement with Cook. Delmas visiting tonight. Long tomorrow

Supposedly Cook wanted 8m/yr. Nuts if he gets that. They'll have to restructure someone to add anyone else in FA

edit: I hope Cook isn't like Walker. Walker has the worst hands in football for a skill player

bionic77

All valid concerns but what I'm saying is when you are in the Dolphins' position you don't have much of a choice but to take some risks. Wallace was by far the best option available and ever since Marshall left it's been a huge need for the team so they had to fill it.

Also, I heard an interview with Charlie Batch recently and it contradicted a lot of what you're saying. I mean obviously he's going to be biased but he was praising Wallace for his work ethic and ability to soak up information, as well as his desire to improve as a route runner and all-around solid WR. So at the least it's not like he has no potential and is a complete bum.

It's risky but when you are the Dolphins you need to take some big risks.
The best bets are usually in the draft or on unknown guys. This one really smells bad to me but hopefully I am wrong.

And :lol Batch. Batch never says anything bad about anyone. Wallace obviously had talent but he has not shown the amount of improvement we wanted since his 2nd year. I hope he carries a chip on his shoulder to Miami and gets a few thousand yards against New England but underperforming in a contract year is usually a shit sign.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The best bets are usually in the draft or on unknown guys. This one really smells bad to me but hopefully I am wrong.

And :lol Batch. Batch never says anything bad about anyone. Wallace obviously had talent but he has not shown the amount of improvement we wanted since his 2nd year. I hope he carries a chip on his shoulder to Miami and gets a few thousand yards against New England but underperforming in a contract year is usually a shit sign.
Like they said on the LeBatard show earlier, we won Tuesday. You guys have been winning for 10 years. This is all we can enjoy, and this will go away once the Heat tip-off tonight and the Patriots sign a big name for pennies.

LevelNth

Banned
I hope Cook does well, no hard feelings there. He's just been so inconsistent and lacks at all things blocking, I'm glad he's gone overall. Best of both worlds, especially since we just signed almost the exact same player for less money and actual blocking skills.

AND Levitre!! Titans are not being very Titan-y right now.
Blocking I'll give you.

But Cook = excellent receiving TE.
Walker = worst drop rate in the league last year.

Lunchbox

Banned
Ja-Russ can mimic flacco in practice for next years AFC championship like how Matt cassel used to do with rapelisburger and manning

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Cook is a 5 year deal

Get dat monay.

Blocking I'll give you.

But Cook = excellent receiving TE.
Walker = worst drop rate in the league last year.

Not even close. Good, but no where near excellent. If he was, then I'm not sure he would have walked with our new GM. Instead, you're getting a guy who has to do a back flip every time he catches the ball even if it's perfectly placed.

Incredible potential though, to be sure. I'm just really tired of watching him injure himself or drop the ball.

LevelNth

Banned
Bushrod gone = the downfall of the Saints. That OL was the glue that helped that punk ass pipsqueak Brees ever operate on that sham of a team.

Watching the inevitable failure this season will be almost as rewarding as seeing his TD streak end before it got to the 'point in which he had in mind'. Classless fuck.

squicken

Saints have lost a lot of their OL. Guess Bushrod was nothing special, though. But Brees and Flacco deals showing what big QB deals do to a team

Then you look at NE and all that money they saved and ...

Bushrod gone = the downfall of the Saints. That OL was the glue that helped that punk ass pipsqueak Brees ever operate on that sham of a team.

Watching the inevitable failure this season will be almost as rewarding as seeing his TD streak end before it got to the 'point in which he had in mind'. Classless fuck.
Not as rewarding as watching the 9ers coming up short once again.

Talon

Saints have lost a lot of their OL. Guess Bushrod was nothing special, though. But Brees and Flacco deals showing what big QB deals do to a team

Then you look at NE and all that money they saved and ...

Bushrod was the worst starting lineman on that team. The interior's always been the strength of that team. Yes, even Strief was better.

Saints kick out their guards to block the backside on passing plays more than any other team in all of football under Sean Payton.

Top Bottom