• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

BFQpMBRCIAEZUmU.jpg:large
Chud is huge also, let's put him out on the field

Bread

Banned
Whatever, can't say I didn't see this coming. Pats have plenty of options and cap space, I'd like Edelman back plus another wideout like Jennings or Amendola, then I wouldn't miss Welker in the least.

wait what? 2 year 12 million? bull fucking shit. there's no way NE said no to that.

Troll

Banned
Whatever, can't say I didn't see this coming. Pats have plenty of options and cap space, I'd like Edelman back plus another wideout like Jennings or Amendola, then I wouldn't miss Welker in the least.

wait what? 2 year 12 million? bull fucking shit. there's no way NE said no to that.

So you think he said no to NE?

TheFatOne

Not a fan of Edelman. Seems like a waste of a roster spot. I just want Jennings plus some defensive player or a bunch of defensive players.
New England will set their sights onto Cruz now.

Not happening. Amendola will only cost the Pats money, and he will be cheaper. I would love to get Cruz but it will never happen. Pats are way to fucking cheap.

Bread

Banned
So you think he said no to NE?
i think he pulled a ray allen on them
Not a fan of Edelman. Seems like a waste of a roster spot. I just want Jennings plus some defensive player or a bunch of defensive players.
what? he was an amazing punt returner and started to find his place in the offense before he got hurt. unless they get cribbs, edelman has to be re-signed

TheFatOne

..but they'll give up a first and 10m/yr to Cruz in a year where they only have 5 picks I think?
That isn't happening either. Pats or Belichick just isnt' a big fan of Welker. I'm not worried now, but I think the Pats are going to be cheap as fuck and not sign anyone defensively. If that happens I would be extremely pissed.
I wont be surprised if they let Lloyd go as well.

Not happening. They have no other receiver. Only way this happens is if they sign Jennings and Amendola.

Sappy113

If NE isn't willing to give Welker 6 a year they aren't giving Amendola that.

Nope, no way in hell. And I love Amendola, but he hasn't put up anywhere close to Welker's production, nor can he stay on the field.

Wonder if he comes back to the Rams at a discounted price. Is there even room for him, with Cook signed and the Rams supposedly high on Tavon Austin.

JABEE

I'm shocked as a fan of Philadelphia sports teams you can come off as superior to anyone. But then again, Philly fans are a rare bunch!

Tell us the ways of the Cheatriots. Tell me about all of the Super Bowls they won without systemic cheating?

TheFatOne

Patriots have to have something big planned then.Maybe they somehow trade for a guy.Maybe Revis(lol).

Never happening, and the Pats don't have shit planned. They just don't value Welker as highly as some other teams. I'm going to be really pissed once the Pats don't sign Talib/some player of his caliber. If that happens it will be 06 all over again.

Nope, no way in hell. And I love Amendola, but he hasn't put up anywhere close to Welker's production, nor can he stay on the field.

Wonder if he comes back to the Rams at a discounted price. Is there even room for him, with Cook signed and the Rams supposedly high on Tavon Austin.

I'm hoping he does, but I'm curious about the same thing

TheFatOne

I don't think this is a case of the Pats being cheap yet. If they don't go out and sign players then you can say they were being cheap, but if they use that money and sign guys like Jennings,Talib, and Amendola then I'm fine with that.
No excuses for The Broncos now.

There wasn't an excuse for them last season.

Pats clearly didn't want Welker, so why the bluster from Bob Kraft?

Brandon Stokely is 36 years old. Retirement, most likely.

Could be a Kraft vs Belichick thing. Belichick doesn't believe he is the guy, but Kraft may have wanted him back.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Patriots began pursuing Rams free-agent WR Danny Amendola during the three-day negotiating window last weekend.

Expand

Welker got wind of it and felt slighted?

I don't think this is a case of the Pats being cheap yet. If they don't go out and sign players then you can say they were being cheap, but if they use that money and sign guys like Jennings,Talib, and Amendola then I'm fine with that.

There wasn't an excuse for them last season.

They're being cheap. They spent weeks telling Welker he was valued and they wanted him, then let him go for 6 a year? They should have cut the shit and said take a hike weeks ago.

Top Bottom