• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Colasante

I'm in shock that Welker would leave for $2 million more. And that Belichick wouldn't give it to him. I trust in Bill, but free agency has absolutely not been going the way I'd hoped.

bionic77

Great signing for Denver at that price. Broncos are obviously in "win now" mode.

It's hilarious that the Patriots couldn't come up with $6 million per year when they too are obviously in "win now" mode because of Brady's age. If they went out and got Jennings or Cruz then it may make a little more sense but Welker was already putting up great numbers in the slot and Brady needs short yardage guys due to his noodle arm.

I have no idea what the Patriots are thinking and I love it!
Remember when Welker came back in record to help his team and remember how he was the most productive receiver in the last several years? I am sure players see how that gets rewarded in New England.

Loving it!

TheFatOne

Ok it's a little quick to make that conclusion, wouldn't you say? FA isn't even 2 days old.

If the Pats didn't have a recent history of this kind of stuff than you could say it's to early, but that's not the case. Until they sign someone I would be worried as a Pats fan.

haha sign Caldwell again Pats

reche_caldwell_holy_shit_1_3_medium.jpg

B^)

Thats what I'm thinking. Someone make sense of this deal.
Do you want to keep putting your starting corner on the field and increasing the likelihood of injury? Depending on the money, it could make sense. Another WR option after they dumped Early Doucet as well.

Colasante

No Welker, and now the Patriots aren't in on Nnamdi. Who knows what's going on with Talib. Even lost out on damn Josh Cribbs. I wish I rooted for a shittier team so free agency could be more fun.

JABEE

...and Giants as well outside of dollar store depth signings. The most exciting FA news I've had for two days now is the signing of a new place kicker. At lease picking up Cullen Jenkins had me excited for a day or two!

You guys got a great deal with that signing. :(

I don't get this. They already have Peterson for returns

Thats what I'm thinking. Someone make sense of this deal.

Peterson only returns punts, Larod Stephens-Howling returned kicks and we are letting him go. We need a speed WR for Arians system which I assumed we would draft in rounds 3-4 but maybe Cribbs will serve that purpose now. We cut Doucet so we were getting a 4th WR from somewhere. So Cribbs will return kick offs and be our speed guy if he's up to it.

Top Bottom