• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Duxxy3

If Jennings was going to get 10 million he would have already gotten it. As stuipd as the Pats were Welker couldn't get more than 2/12 on the market. Seems impossible.

I'm pretty sure he could have got more than 6/12. He went to the broncos to take a shot at bill.

I don't blame him.

Colasante

Keenan Allen's draft stock seems to be slipping. Maybe he'll be there at 29 and can answer our Z receiver woes. With him or another 1st round WR, Gronk and Ballard as TEs, and Amendola and Hernandez in the slot, maybe it won't be so bad after all.

Fox318

Don't worry pats fans Bill will draft a punter from a Division 3 school to replace Welker.

Lets watch Ol'Cheaty coach up a punter

mr2xxx

Banned
I don't want to hate Reed. If he goes to the Niners, that happens. I already hate Boldin, and hurts so bad.

Why hate Boldin, he didn't trade himself to SF. Dude was a playoff MVP averaging around 100 yds a game and coming up clutch. He was owed 6 million while all these other recievers like Bowe, Wallace, and Harvin did less and are making double per year. Be pissed at your organizing for not paying a player that earned every cent he was owed in a contract that was signed by him and the Ravens organization.

Fox318

lQo0tal.png

Tough call

Godslay

Banned
Stokley will always be pure class:

Brandon Stokley was the Broncos' incumbent slot receiver, at least until his contract expired with the start of free agency Tuesday. He was told about the Broncos' interest in Welker.

"I think it would be a great move if (the Broncos) got him," Stokley said. "I think he would be a great fit here."

Wait a minute. Stokley does realize Welker will be taking his job?

"I know that," Stokley said. "I'm just talking about production. Look at what he's done the last six years. I've always thought he was underrated. You see these other receivers out there getting big money, I think Wes deserves what some of these guys are getting."
Stokley caught 45 passes for 544 yards and five touchdowns from his good friend Manning last year while making $925,000. But at 36, Stokley was turned loose to free agency. Welker is 31.

"I'm fine with whatever happens with my situation, at this point," Stokley said. "If last year was my last ride, with the kind of year we had as a team, I'd be happy with that. But you never know what will happen. I might keep playing elsewhere. I'm just going to continue to stay in shape and wait to see if someone calls. If they do, I'll be ready."

Why hate Boldin, he didn't trade himself to SF. Dude was a playoff MVP averaging around 100 yds a game and coming up clutch. He was owed 6 million while all these other recievers like Bowe, Wallace, and Harvin did less and are making double per year. Be pissed at your organizing for not paying a player that earned every cent he was owed in a contract that was signed by him and the Ravens organization.

It's very simple. I hate the Niners. Anquan is a Niner.

Fin.

I hope it is the first SNF/MNF of the season. That would be a great way to kick things off.

Sorry, Patriots first game will be an opening revenge match against Baltimore. At this point, even without Welker, Tom should shred Baltimore's newly gutted D.

Stokley will always be pure class:

Ah man, please don't retire just yet. We need as much depth as we can get considering the untimely injuries we seem to have.

Top Bottom