• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

...and Giants as well outside of dollar store depth signings. The most exciting FA news I've had for two days now is the signing of a new place kicker. At least picking up Cullen Jenkins had me excited for a day or two!

Apparently Jasper Brinkley paid a visit to the Giants today? Didn't please a number of fans. :lol

Colasante

So what's the deal with Cliff Avril? I thought the Browns and Colts were waging war over him, and now neither appear to be signing him. No news about him at all. Very weird.

WedgeX

Banned
So what's the deal with Cliff Avril? I thought the Browns and Colts were waging war over him, and now neither appear to be signing him. No news about him at all. Very weird.

He wants lots of money, but can't stop the run.

My prediction is he's coming back to Detroit for 1.65 mil a year for three years.

Fox318

QrSrHL2.gif

You don't think the Pats will spend up to the cap? I'm sure they will but it's going to be multiple c grade players.

No you are probably right that they will spend money, especially now that the league makes teams spend 90% of the cap, but when Brady redid his deal all the talking heads were saying it was so they could bring in guys to try and win a SB before the window totally shuts. That definitely dosent seem to be the case now.

He didn't.

He didnt take less, but he did shift around his cap hit so that they could makes moves this year like bringing back Wes.

Way to shaft your QB and your best WR for the last 5 years.

What a fucking joke. And then to think Kraft blew that fucking shit out of his ass about how 'Wes should be a Patriot for life'.

You payed Chad 6 million, but you can't pay Welker, the guy who carried your offense for years and showed 0 signs of slowing down?

Bill needs to pull some fucking magical unicorns out of his ass now.

Tom Penny

Eh, not really. If they won't shell out money for beloved star player that knows their scheme, they're not going to give Jennings 10+ million.

If Jennings was going to get 10 million he would have already gotten it. As stuipd as the Pats were Welker couldn't get more than 2/12 on the market. Seems impossible.

Duxxy3

Eh, not really. If they won't shell out money for beloved star player that knows their scheme, they're not going to give Jennings 10+ million.

They gave ochocinco 6 million and refused to give welker 6 million, so they are capable of just about any ridiculous move at this point.

Top Bottom