• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

xnipx

Cruz was abusing us the past two seasons. DRC and Nnamdi both couldn't tackle.

Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher both can tackle. After the past 2-3 seasons of guys who can't tackle one bit (including Asante) this is at least a welcome change. At least the safeties are improved. And still expect to draft another CB and S early in the draft.

Yea one thing he isn't is a bitch made ball player. He will jam the shit out of anybody and jaw with them all the way up the sideline no matter how much better they are at football than him. And he is a good run stopper.

He falls for way too many double moves and is always late on comeback routes. But he will make the tackle.

Bread

Banned
hell yes to leon washington, he's a perfect fit. should be interesting to see him and demps fighting for the starting return spot assuming demps comes back.

effzee

Wat. First Casey, now Barwin? He didn't have a really good season last year, but thats because they were moving him around and Cushing wasn't there to also bring the heat.

Eagles raiding us like its their job. I wonder if they will come for Schaub maybe?

Seems more and more like it. This would be a pretty good pick up for us. And again the more we pick up mid level guys who can start, the better our chances of just getting the best player available at 4

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Source said Barwin deal is not finalized yet with the Eagles but is close. He's reviewing contract now.

squicken

Who else do they even have in their back field? Squicken?

Pead and Richardson. They really have nothing in place on offense. From the 2012 finale, the only returning starters will be Bradford, Wells (who didn't finish the game), and Harvey Dahl (missed finale on IR). Only have 3WRs on the roster right now, Cook is the new TE, Long could be LT, Saffold who knows. Givens at least will start. They are adding speed speed speed

cajunator

Banned
We like him and fuck you for taking him.

Well he IS from NOLA. He just wanted to come home.
Welcome home, Keenan!

I do like to see fans angry over the loss instead of relieved, because its a sign the player was a contributor. Of course, he will be going to a very different system and a team known for shit fucking defense. Every little bit helps though. He's just 26 too. NICE.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You guys almost have to pick Fisher or Joeckel now don't you? Especially if you want to make sure Bush gets to 1800 yards.

Well we drafted Riley Reiff from Iowa with our first pick last year, so not necessarily. I personally think if Joeckel or Fisher are there at #5 you have to take them, but I don't think they'll make it past you guys at #4.

If they're both gone I don't think Mayhew will reach just for the sake of reaching. He'll go with the Best Player Available, which is the right course of action when you're a GM. After Joeckel and Fischer I'm not sure on the other OTs but I'm sure someone else will start gaining hype before the draft.

Holy shit that Heavy dude got roasted, eviscerated and all around other nasty thangs.

Welcome to the deepest, darkest levels of the shame circle brah.

Referencing the same stuff people bring up time and time again is getting roasted? At least use new material. I'm flattered the dude remembers my post history in such detail.

If Washington signs, that would be the end of either Woody or Demps.

Really hoped Demps could have turned into an X factor with his speed, hope he stays in NE and doesn't return to track. Would be a dick move after he got payed last year.

bionic77

Well he IS from NOLA. He just wanted to come home.
Welcome home, Keenan!

I do like to see fans angry over the loss instead of relieved, because its a sign the player was a contributor. Of course, he will be going to a very different system and a team known for shit fucking defense. Every little bit helps though. He's just 26 too. NICE.
He can cover and tackle. That works in every defense I know of except the Reggie Bush and Michael Vick defense and it might work on those too but I just never understood how they worked or how they made the defense better by playing offense.

cajunator

Banned
He can cover and tackle. That works in every defense I know of except the Reggie Bush and Michael Vick defense and it might work on those too but I just never understood how they worked or how they made the defense better by playing offense.

You just said the magic words.
Thanks be to Tebow!

All these cuts to the Ravens defense make me wonder if this signifies a lot of belief from the front office in the development of Upshaw as our future stud LB. We didn't see a lot of him in 2012 but then it doesn't seem a lot was really asked of him. Needless to say I'm very intrigued to see just who the hell we draft.

effzee

Well we drafted Riley Reiff from Iowa with our first pick last year, so not necessarily. I personally think if Joeckel or Fisher are there at #5 you have to take them, but I don't think they'll make it past you guys at #4.

If they're both gone I don't think Mayhew will reach just for the sake of reaching. He'll go with the Best Player Available, which is the right course of action when you're a GM. After Joeckel and Fischer I'm not sure on the other OTs but I'm sure someone else will start gaining hype before the draft.

It is not a foregone conclusion we take Fisher at 4. They did draft Danny Watkins last draft to be their starting G. If they believe he can play that spot, and so far he has been a huge bust, then they can keep Todd Herremans at RT which isn't his natural spot but he wasn't terrible at it. Problem was he got hurt and then was out for the season.

And with Vick as most likely our starting QB, RT becomes just as important as a LT. If they don't sign one and Fisher or Joeckel are available you have to select one of them. We still don't know how well Peters will play coming back from a serious injury.

YH or other Eagles fans, has there been any word or update on Peter's recovery?

Dragon

Banned
Incarcerated bob has Pats interested in Revis. Wouldn't that be interesting.

It'd be strange for a bunch of reasons. Bill obviously likes to pay players almost nothing and the Jets trading in the division with a player like that seems surprising.

squicken

Jared Cook got the most guaranteed money of any TE. 19 million. Has the 3rd most big plays over the past three years behind Gronk and Graham on a lot less targets, but it's still a big risk

effzee

Eagles fans don't get excited about Barwin. Not that good. Better hope the contract is reasonable

Yeah PFF is killing the move. That is if they do sign him.

Obviously played well as a result of the talent around him and Wade Phillips but again Eagles lack of talent and depth at LB is glaring. Demeco Ryans might not even fit in the new hybrid 3-4 or whatever they run. Sad since that is why he was traded from Houston to begin with.

I am looking at these signings as capable starters, even if they are not spectacular so that it frees them up to draft the best players available in the draft.

EDIT: Deal is done. Barwin is an Eagle.

I wanna cry.

I would be a terrible GM, overly attached to players I like. I'll miss Wes every game.
I know what you mean, that's kind of why I don't want Jake Long to leave even though he could be a huge liability. The guy has been one of the few great Dolphins players since he joined the team and I appreciate what he's done for them.

Dragon

Banned
:jnc

I really hope the Pats offense and Tammy fall apart without Wes and that he flourishes with Peyton.

Is there any question he's going to flourish with Peyton? I saw a stat that Manning completes over 73% of his passes to the slot receivers. Even with Welker's increased drop rate lately he's going to be an incredible asset.

Top Bottom