• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Super LTTP but Metal Gear Solid 3 takes a steaming hot dump on the second one. I preferred sneaking around in buildings in the second one but the story, lack of the radio going off all the time, no whiny Raiden, and less philosophical nonsense made for a vastly superior game.

It's also easily 3x as long as the second one.

Spinluck

Super LTTP but Metal Gear Solid 3 takes a steaming hot dump on the second one. I preferred sneaking around in buildings in the second one but the story, lack of the radio going off all the time, no whiny Raiden, and less philosophical nonsense made for a vastly superior game.

It's also easily 3x as long as the second one.

It is the best MGS game.

John Abraham is only 5 years older than Brandon Weeden
Adrian Wilson 4!
Ahh yes, the Universal Brandon Weeden scale of age
yeah....dotdotdotdotdotdotdotdot

dotdot

dot

It's that kind of talk that got Deacon banned................

smh

Look at this young blood trying to act like he cool.
...........let's just forgot this whole thing...............on second thought let's not ................
Stacy Dash<3

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ahh yes, the Universal Brandon Weeden scale of age

...........let's just forgot this whole thing...............on second thought let's not ................
Stacy Dash<3

You gained back some points for Stacy Dash but you lost a lot of points for your Halle hate.

It'll take a while to learn to accept you into my heart fully again.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I know the Packers don't make a lot of free agent moves, but I think not getting Steven Jackson was a mistake. But hey, could have had Marshawn Lynch a few years...

I know the Packers don't make a lot of free agent moves, but I think not getting Steven Jackson was a mistake. But hey, could have had Marshawn Lynch a few years...
I agree.

Ted apparently tried to trade Grant and picks for SJax the other year but the Rams declined.
They clearly liked him a lot.

I get that Atlanta is closer to St Louis than Green Bay is but seems like a phenomenally poor move by both parties.

Godslay

Banned
Agreed. Though the first might have been the best in the series for its time.

The NES game was really great back in the day as well.

I like the first as well. I'm sure I'll get taunted for bad taste, but I enjoyed Twin Snakes just about as much as the PS1 version. Maybe more.

Bread

Banned
If they sign those 2 and resign Talib, I think they'll have a top 10 defense next year. First time I've felt that way in like 7 years.
if we got those 3 on the defense, anyone drafted would be gravy.

is this a good draft for offensive lineman? i could see bill drafting a center.

Never played twin snakes but I played MGS on the PC one of my favorite games, also for me MGS4 > MGS3

One day I'll revisit MGS3 though maybe my opinions will change

Spinluck

The Galaxy S4 makes me wish that some huge decline happens in the smartphone market, that forces them to release phones ever 2-3 years. I know it won't happen anytime soon, since people don't care about incremental updates, and will buy anyway. Some of the software updates are pretty cool though.

I don't understand why the Steelers let Keenan go for that little money. Give him Harrison's cash, ffs. Maybe there's something I'm missing here, like he's been smoking blunts with 'Tone.
So they really did sign Gay to be the 2nd CB.

Let's see:
- Lost the only legit 1K RB; silver lining: Mendy is a d-bag
- Lost the fastest guy in the NFL, the guy who can stretch the field; silver lining: he drops a lot of balls
- The best TE in franchise history has a torn up knee
- Lost a legit #2 CB who could have grown into the #1 role when Ike retires; silver lining: there is none. We signed Gay.
- Cut one of the greatest pass rushing LBs; silver lining: he was slowing down considerably
- Lost our backup FS and the starting FS is 33; silver lining: none.

Apparently they are talking with Beanie Wells (lol) and Keenan Davis (who). The FO has to realize that $ will need to be spent. They can't replace everyone they just lost with draft picks.

Silver lining: I'm setting expectations low. If they win more than 6 games this season I'll be pleasantly surprised.

MGS2 is to the best of my knowledge, the best thing the industry has put out in the last two generations.

Not only was it a wonderful fuck you to the basement dwelling neckbeards that so badly wanted a rehashed sequel to Metal Gear Solid,
but it was one of the few instances of the genre transcending cliche and giving birth to something fresh and exciting.

MGS3, on the other hand, had absolutely nothing of merit to say whatsoever.

The bosses were godawful (outside of The End) and the camera made the whole thing borderline unplayable.
I'll slit my wrists if I have to listen to that dumb cunt Zero and those boring codec sequences one more time.

It was also the beginning of Kojima retconning everything good about the franchise and making it an even more embarassing piece of shit.

MGS3 is derivative schlock with a cumbersome inventory-management system. MGS2 is a work of art.

For more on why: A Formal Analysis of MGS2

I like MGS3. It's a fun game with a terrible, story/plot. Live and let live.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do.

mr2xxx

Banned
The Galaxy S4 makes me wish that some huge decline happens in the smartphone market, that forces them to release phones ever 2-3 years. I know it won't happen anytime soon, since people don't care about incremental updates, and will buy anyway. Some of the software updates are pretty cool though.

I'm sure it's going to naturally happen. Every phone generation gets less exciting because they already nailed down the key features most people care a out. Phones can't get much bigger, screens can't get that much better, your less likely to notice a power increase. At some point it will stagnate like every other market unless something crazy like Google glass becomes a hit which I doubt.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. I bought a game I had zero interest in just to get the demo, which I proceeded to log about 70 hours playing. Just the demo on the ship. Part of the ship.

Damn, that demo was amazing.

As for 3, I hated the clunky cammo system, put it down, and picked it up 3 years later.

Spinluck

We are still playing the same games dude. Not much has changed since then. All good PS2 games hold up. They just look like shit on LCDs. That's why they remake them all.

Yea I suppose. I was looking for some different opinions.

Gaming side tends to have that group that completely shits on MGS games.

EDIT: Plus there were certain things in MGS4 that were also problems in the older games, and they never fixed them.

Top Bottom