• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

cajunator

Banned
There is definitely a LOT of shakeup from last year. Some absolutely enormous changes that might shift power to new teams. Which is good for the league in general.

look how scared FMT ... you guys were in the SB last year!

Colts look so dumb. Went out and signed a bunch of guy who are 1/4 the players that Avril and Bennett are for 5 times the money

can't believe the contract RJF got. i wanted him back but if they're going to give him that much money he can walk

Spinluck

The Wii U was probably my worst purchase of last year, I completely regret it now.

look how scared FMT ... you guys were in the SB last year!

Colts look so dumb. Went out and signed a bunch of guy who are 1/4 the players that Avril and Bennett are for 5 times the money

We should go back to Polian era Colts, and not give 3 fucks about free agency.

But in all seriousness, I hope Grigson knows what he's doing.

Boy do we have money to blow.

squicken

Be it Christian Ponder with the Vikings, Mark Sanchez in New York, Brandon Weeden with the Browns and Josh Freeman in Tampa Bay, there are no guarantees or lasting job security to be had this season. They're all on trial for their jobs, no matter what their coaches or front offices say publicly. And that means Cassel, Kolb and even Mallett could be No. 2's for somebody upon arrival, but No. 2 with a bullet.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...quarterback-market-cassel-kolb/#ixzz2NZ4cqUdc

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What I don't get about Nintendo is what were they doing all that time with nothing really hitting the Wii? I'm hoping that we will be drowning in Nintendo games this holiday.

cajunator

Banned
What I don't get about Nintendo is what were they doing all that time with nothing really hitting the Wii? I'm hoping that we will be drowning in Nintendo games this holiday.

Probably so. They like to hold things way too close to the vest.
The good thing is that when cornered, Nintendo can crank out some amazing stuff.

squicken

It's just clear that you either are going after the absolute high money guys, or you wait. And if you go after high money guys, they better be young

_woLf

Curious about the status of Chris Clemons with Seattle loading up on all these DEs.

I hope they don't release him, and I hope his recovery is going smoothly.

Dragon

Banned
Probably so. They like to hold things way too close to the vest.
The good thing is that when cornered, Nintendo can crank out some amazing stuff.

My main problem is new IPs with sales potential. They just rest on their laurels way too much. You have 14 billion do something more.

Told yall about the wii u.
Can't say I regret it here. Played through Zombi U twice, daughter and I still play NSMBU and there's a been a few game downloads we've played. Not to mention I started replaying both Galaxy games since I got rid of my Wii almost a year and a half ago.

I'm fine waiting on the games. Have plenty to play on my PC until then (Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 and soon Bioshock Infinite)

eznark

Banned
I love how you guys act like you bought the house from Money Pit. You spent $300. If that's the biggest consumer regret of your life you probably should not be buying electronics. Or food from anywhere but Aldi.

jakncoke

Banned
I regret buying a Wii. I bought it because my ex was like omg i want to play Wii. So i figured hey something we can connect with further. We played like 3 times and she broke up with me like 3 months later anyways. It now collects dust in my living room heh

I love how you guys act like you bought the house from Money Pit. You spent $300. If that's the biggest consumer regret of your life you probably should not be buying electronics. Or food from anywhere but Aldi.

Good movie

effzee

Between work and family I don't even have enough time to finish the launch lineup games I purchased. Plus wife likes to play NSMBU together so that means we are still stuck at the half way point.

But then again I knew what I was getting myself into.

niners rumored to have signed nnamdi and louis delmas. can't find any reputable sites reporting it though so i'll believe it when they do!
Delmas was reported all over twitter earlier but then retracted as the wrong agency tweeted he had signed (they thought it was his agent). He's expected to sign. Heard absolutely nothing on Nnamdi though..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I don't regret it one bit! I know that if all else fails, I'm getting Zelda, 3D Mario, Smash Bros, and hopefully a new Metroid Prime.

Metroid Prime 4 would make it worth $300 alone!

Godslay

Banned

No kidding. I've spent more on intangible things that I will never own again. Take Sunday Ticket for instance. $299.95, for 16 weeks of entertainment. Once the Wii U gets the games, it will easily provide more than 16 days worth of entertainment.

brentech

I'm still in debate as to buy all new PC parts.
I love building my own system, but I guess I've fallen out of love with the PC shtick of rebuilding every 2-3 years like I used to growing up. (I feel you Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Raiders,.... And so on fans)

I don't game on it anywhere like what I used to, so that's the big, "is it really worth it" question for me. I know I'll like it, I love new tech, but yea. I'm very happy on my PS3/Vita for most games, has to be real PC driven game for me to care to get it on there, or sometimes just games I overlooked when they released.

Having just spent 4800 on a new furnace, there is a little less money overflowing my pockets, and I'm stingy while I try to save for mid term goals (build a new house within next 10 years). At the same time I just have so many expensive hobbies, lol.
/appropriate use first world problems meme?

I'll probably end up doing it cause I can't stop looking and building on paper. Once I'm at that point I have a real tough time turning that off. But I've managed to stop myself the last 3 days from driving to the nearest microcenter

As expected, the Barwin deal is more flash than substance. Very team friendly deal with the Eagles with only 8 million guaranteed.

It was soon revealed that Barwin's deal included just $8 million in guarantees. There's also another $4 million in incentives that are possible. Here's how it breaks down.

- The guaranteed money is all in the first two years.

- In the first 3 years of the deal he'll make $13.5 million

- If you do the math, that means the last 3 years are heavily backloaded with $22.5 million dollars, none of which is guarnateed.

Packers shame on you for not signing Jackson
And Falcons Shame on you for locking Quizz back up.

Also 28 of the 32 two teams were at Genos pro day, I'm sure some just checking out the Wr duo.

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
As expected, all reports say Geno Smith was impressive at his pro day today at WVU. # Browns are interested, will work him out.
Not unexpected just doing our due research just like I'm sure plenty others will have a private workout
The Wii U was probably my worst purchase of last year, I completely regret it now.

I'm feeling that way now. WTF are the games.
Hindsight I probably shouldn't of jumped in so soon, just got caught up in all the hype I suppose.

An Android tablet, roku, and a scale was the better purchase
I'm not saying this lol, but I probably should of it gotten myself a nice Roku .

bionic77

An Android tablet, roku, and a scale was the better purchase
Android tablet?

:lol you are so in the tank for android. I am convinced that anyone who is a console or cell phone fanboy is either mentally challenged or has a 2" penis. Which is it for you Fox? I am leaning towards the former because you love buttfumble and hate Tebow. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong or are Jet fans bred for it?

Why do the great comedic actors always go serious? Meanwhile I still have to put up with Will Ferrell.
Amusingly when Ferrell has gone serious, he's been quite good/tolerable (Stranger Than Fiction/Everything Must Go)

I tire of Ferrell's schtick pretty quickly but fuck me if Step Brothers doesn't cause me stomach pains from laughing.

eznark

Banned
Why do the great comedic actors always go serious? Meanwhile I still have to put up with Will Ferrell.

Lots more money. Lots, lots more money.

Will Farrell was shockingly good in the few semi-serious roles he has had. Way better than the idiot comedy he does.

Rich Smith ‏@ALLsportsINTEL
NFL UPDATE - Source reports 49ers hold up on announcing a 1yr deal for Nnamdi Asomugha could be announcing other signing(s) simultaneously

that's where i got it from but i have no clue who this guy is

WedgeX

Banned
delmas will be a dumb ass signing. is he even good in coverage?

nnamdi i wouldn't mind though

PFF says...

PFF said:
8. Louis Delmas

2012 Grade: -1.3
2012 Snaps: 449

Summary: Delmas always seems to be flying all over the field for the Lions, but the phrase “poor angle” pops up much too often when breaking down his film. Sometimes his aggressiveness gets the best of him as it did in Week 17 when he completely overran a bubble screen that went for a 60-yard touchdown. He provided good run support in his limited snaps in 2012 as his 6.2 Run Stop Percentage ranked fourth among safeties. His 0.38 Yards per Cover Snap also ranked near the top of the league, but he’ll have to eliminate the his poor geometric mishaps in order to live up to the potential he showed in his first two years in the league when he graded at +8.3 in 2009 and 2010 combined.

Spinluck

Or maybe not buying Wii U's, and waiting for the good games like the rest of the world seems to be doing. :-(

eznark

Banned
Amusingly when Ferrell has gone serious, he's been quite good/tolerable (Stranger Than Fiction/Everything Must Go)

I tire of Ferrell's schtick pretty quickly but fuck me if Step Brothers doesn't cause me stomach pains from laughing.

Lots more money. Lots, lots more money.

Will Farrell was shockingly good in the few semi-serious roles he has had. Way better than the idiot comedy he does.

You are good people, future

eznark

Banned
I really likes "Everything Must Go"

He was good in Stranger than Fiction as well. The movie was hyper mediocre and a total wasted opportunity but I was really shocked at how good he was.

I think he has real potential for a Bill Murray turn later in life.

Top Bottom