• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Apparently it's because he was drafted from 2008 and beyond. Right now they're only interested in guys from 2007 and earlier.

Honestly, I can't answer your question because this is the first time in a long time that I can't follow their logic at all.

It's got to be the cap. Lewis showed so much improvement last year. I basically thought he was going to be the new #1 CB for us once Ike hangs them up (which will be shortly).

I can't fathom why they would roll with William Gay again.

And then to bring back Spaeth. And Plax.

It's mind boggling.

They must be tanking hard. There's someone in the top 5 of the draft next year that Tomlin has a hard-on for and so they are looking to absolutely blow this season.

Godslay

Banned
What an embarrassing blowhard.

Even more reason to go shirtless. Outside of the 12 douchebags in Seattle that would buy this shirt, it is definitely a 3rd world country candidate. I can't believe Sherman is going to subject those poor children to that.

Can you picture it? Skin and bones, starving little kid wearing a I'm better at life than you shirt. Disgusting Sherman, think about the children!

Even more reason to go shirtless. Outside of the 12 douchebags in Seattle that would buy this shirt, it is definitely a 3rd world country candidate. I can't believe Sherman is going to subject those poor children to that.

Can you picture it? Skin and bones, starving little kid wearing a I'm better at life than you shirt. Disgusting Sherman, think about the children!
Fantastic post. You nailed it.

jakncoke

Banned
So our WR core atm will look like

Antonio Brown
Cotch
Plax
David Gilraeth
Kashif Moore (who?)
Derek Moye
Bert Reed (when did moore and reed get on the roster)

so a good wr, 2 vets 1 that does right a lot and 1 that does nothing right and 4 ps wrs. out fucking standing.

eznark

Banned
Bucs got a great bargain in Crabtree. Strong backside TE with good hands and instincts. Not a primary threat but great for one cut runners.

So our WR core atm will look like

Antonio Brown
Cotch
Plax
David Gilraeth
Kashif Moore (who?)
Derek Moye
Bert Reed (when did moore and reed get on the roster)

so a good wr, 2 vets 1 that does right a lot and 1 that does nothing right and 4 ps wrs. out fucking standing.

Sanders is still a Steelers, and chances are that that will not change (At least this season).

bionic77

Apparently he has signed it, no word yet on how much it is though. Doubt the Steelers match it anyway.

Such an awesome offseason so far. Can't wait for Harrison to sign with the Rats and for the Steelers to bring back Jeff Reed, Anthony Smith and Ricardo Colclough.
I missed Reed!

Hopefully we can get Joey Porter as well. Our team is dangerously low on old crazy dudes.

Did you miss the news where he signed the Patriots offer sheet?

Schefter said he didn't sign it. This was after all the other media said that he did sign.

Schefter said:
Patriots still mulling whether to sign Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. So far, no decision made and no offer sheet signed.

g98SXNr.png

bionic77

So apparently I've been gone for too long. Are the avatar and tag all due to the Jordan post? How are you not melting wicked-witch-style from having that avatar?
It is disgusting. Lost an avatar bet with some perverted Pats fan.

The lesson as always is to never make a deal won't a Patriots fan. They are evil, perverse mofo's.

squicken

Racist.

I'm not BlackGhost.

But yes we do need a TE but personally I'd rather get a CB before a TE though.

You guys have a solid roster. But Norv loves throwing to the TE. Staple of Air Coryell. And no one else in your division has more than one good WR, so there's no reason to have two good CBs

So pretty much all the big names have been signed I guess. Pretty exciting this year.

But now the real fun happens for Packers fans. This is like that time of the night when all the attractive and normal women have already gone home with someone else and the leftovers are desperate and drunk enough to sleep with anyone.

Ted, it's your time to strike!

ted-thompson-packers-2.jpg

eznark

Banned
So pretty much all the big names have been signed I guess. Pretty exciting this year.

But now the real fun happens for Packers fans. This is like that time of the night when all the attractive and normal women have already gone home with someone else and the leftovers are desperate and drunk enough to sleep with anyone.

Ted, it's your time to strike!

ted-thompson-packers-2.jpg

I find your lack of faith disturbing. However, since you are so intent on taking the Resskins approach to team building there are still the best tackles available.

I find your lack of faith disturbing. However, since you are so intent on taking the Resskins approach to team building there are still the best tackles available.
Fairly accurate.

Only thing that bothers me is not bringing Jackson in.

When we signed Reggie White we still had Gravedigger and Dodson.

The D-line is weaker than Cuevas' game with women and Ted The Great and Powerful has been neglected/incompetently building it for the last few years.

I have faith. I trust Ted and know it'd be foolish to sign anyone high profile this year especially with all of the impending contracts we have to navigate. Still think that there were a lot of reasonable priced signings that were made that could've helped us out. Who knows if the Packers are really ever in the running at those prices but I dunno...the idea that actively pursuing anyone in free agency is seemingly not even a real consideration just rubs me the wrong way. It's got to be beneficial sometimes

jakncoke

Banned
Fairly accurate.

Only thing that bothers me is not bringing Jackson in.

When we signed Reggie White we still had Gravedigger and Dodson.

The D-line is weaker than Cuevas' game with women and Ted The Great and Powerful has been neglected/incompetently building it for the last few years.

:me!

Talon

The market's been pretty weak for the volume of corners that were available.

I have to imagine Talib wasn't even on the radar of half the teams in the league because of his reputation and history.

squicken

the market must of been really bad for him. I thought he would got something like Sean Smith.

Talib has shot a gun at a family member, beaten up a cab driver then resisted arrest, and got in a fight at the rookie symposium. He also has been suspended for "Addrerall". All of that in a 5 year window. He is unemployable to about 3/4 of the league. He'll spend the rest of his career on one year deals

He's also only okay, but Pats fans love him b/c they've had such bad DBs the past few years

Wes

venison crêpe
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Free-agent CB Aqib Talib reached agreement with the Patriots on a one-year deal.

Well I shouldn't have even suspected he may come to us. Now just to cling to some slight hope we get Fred Davis.

Colasante

Talib's just going to use this as a one year prove it deal and sign with the Redskins next year when they have more cap space and the market for cornerbacks improves. I was hoping it'd be a longer term deal to avoid something like that, but at least a year deal means he'll have to be motivated to show off for a new contract.

Wes

venison crêpe
If Browns draft Milliner do they immediately have the best CB duo in the league? If not, who is ranked higher?

eznark

Banned
I have faith. I trust Ted and know it'd be foolish to sign anyone high profile this year especially with all of the impending contracts we have to navigate. Still think that there were a lot of reasonable priced signings that were made that could've helped us out. Who knows if the Packers are really ever in the running at those prices but I dunno...the idea that actively pursuing anyone in free agency is seemingly not even a real consideration just rubs me the wrong way. It's got to be beneficial sometimes

Outside of the RB position nothing the Packers should be interested in was reasonable. Did you see the linebacker contracts??

squicken

Well I shouldn't have even suspected he may come to us. Now just to cling to some slight hope we get Fred Davis.

I'm curious how you guys will proceed. I wonder if Banner was a fan of Reid going after so many troubled guys. Or if Haslam has any policies on it. Some teams throw up the character red flag faster than others. Fred Davis has some issues as well. He had some weird trial thing where he acted as his own attorney that I remember being pretty funny

Top Bottom