• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

brentech

The thing is, people are griping about his lack of loyalty. Was Greg gonna take a paycut and be pushed down the depth chart to ease our troubled minds about him being a traitor? Good God.

Jennings wants to be the man again. Sucks to see him go, but I like competition, and the Vikings acquiring him will make our division much more interesting.
When a player leaves I don't like to see them have success against us or in a way that effects us getting to the playoffs, otherwise, fine by me.

jakncoke

Banned
It's amazing how signing a merely "competent" cb like talib has pats fans thinking they will have a good defense next year

offseason hype, every team gets it when they do right. me on the other hand is looking into the last 5 times Steelers have won 6 or less games because it about to happen again

2003 6-10
1999 6-10
1988 5-11
1986 6-10
1982 6-3(if you dont count this one and only count where we won 6 or less in non strike seasons it would be 1971 6-8

Bread

Banned
It's amazing how signing a merely "competent" cb like talib has pats fans thinking they will have a good defense next year
how could the defense not be better than last year after these signings? no one is acting like they're going go be scary.

Godslay

Banned
Abraham would play about every other snap with us, staying on the field longer on certain drives. He'd basically come off field on short yardage situations unless it was on 3rd down because he (magically) became a much better run defender with us. He used to have a reputation for running past the play (a la Freeney), but Abe couldn't really be accused of that now.

And this is when Abe was getting about $7-8 million/year. The snap count didn't matter, his production warranted it.

Now, Freeney's even more one dimensional, but I have to imagine Belichick was choosing one or the other.

I'd be surprised if he signed both. It's a lot of money sunk into two old players. They would have to be cheap short deals. It all depends on the numbers obviously. It might happen as the market seems to have had the bottom fallout in terms of DEs.

Even Doom is not generating interest...

Michelle Beisner ‏@MichelleBeisner
Source close to the situation telling me Dumervil not generating a lot of interest from other teams. #freeagency

Slo

When a player leaves I don't like to see them have success against us or in a way that effects us getting to the playoffs, otherwise, fine by me.

That's an amazingly self important view point. If your manager at Burger King told you to take a pay cut along with a demotion and you quit instead, would he have a legit beef if you went to Five Guys and got a job?

squicken

That's an amazingly self important view point. If your manager at Burger King told you to take a pay cut along with a demotion and you quit instead, would he have a legit beef if you went to Five Guys and got a job?

There are infinite fatties, but only one SB trophy

You're a Farve wanna be.. The spot light will be all on you with the Vikings, no need to worry about dealing with other stars and not being the "number one" guy.
Lost so much respect for you. I actually have said to my friends that you would never sign with the Vikings because you had better character than that.
Well I was wrong. That isn't someone that should be admired by the young kids, yes you are a great player but who you are as a person is what really matters.
Good luck though.

Go to hell bum

piss off you fukin sell out!

This proves who u really are!! Greedy, self-centered, chump,
Enjoy warming the Queens bench!!

Do your research fans.....Green Bay offered a contract worth MORE than what he got from Minnesota...Greg wants to be the big guy and not a part of the system. It's simply greed on his part....wants that recognition...the 100 catches....the thousand yard seasons...and in GB's system there isn't "one" guy anymore. Good luck Greg...You'll miss GB real quick when Ponder starts slinging wounded ducks your way...

ugh-- another one goes astray. if there is one thing to learn about all this-- don't put your admiration in a professional athlete-- they are no longer people for our children to look up to.

U are a trader. You were my fav wr in packer history. I guess fortune is more important than fame. That's fine you don't want another ring cause we will do it with out u. You were just scared at getting showed up by Cobb

Have fun choking on purple scrotum...had to weed out the garbage...

1360612285273_zps409edb38.gif

Colasante

His injuries aren't supposed to be career threatening at least. I think the Patriots were interested in bringing him back. I hope they're able to still do that. He'd be a good veteran backup for Emmanuel Sanders.

eznark

Banned

Eh. Good on him for getting paid. I hope he breaks his leg this afternoon not because I don't like Jennings but because I only want bad things for the Vikings.

JABEE

Jason Cole said:
Plenty of people in the agent world encouraging Dumervil to sue his agent. It's ugly out there.

https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/status/312957803000115201

Jason Cole said:
another interesting issue: will the estate of late Gary Wichard look into this? Wichard was entitled to fees on old Dumervil contract. $240K

Wichard, who died in 2011, was the agent who negotiated the original contract, not Magid.

https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/status/312960696050663424

It's getting kind of messy.

brentech

I didn't say I didn't want him to get paid. This is competitive professional sports man. He can do great and still be a non effect to the packers.
All I'm saying.

squicken

I had no idea, but I guess the Vikes are changing their uniforms, and that's why Jennings wasn't wearing anything when they did the press conference. Maybe Nike will do for the Vikes what Adidas did for Notre Dame basketball?

Godslay

Banned
I had no idea, but I guess the Vikes are changing their uniforms, and that's why Jennings wasn't wearing anything when they did the press conference. Maybe Nike will do for the Vikes what Adidas did for Notre Dame basketball?

Make them look like clowns?

I had no idea, but I guess the Vikes are changing their uniforms, and that's why Jennings wasn't wearing anything when they did the press conference. Maybe Nike will do for the Vikes what they did for Notre Dame basketball?

I'd heard rumors. Might go back to the throwbacks fulltime.

3827397417_a9ca7ccac3_o.jpg

Slo

I didn't say I didn't want him to get paid. This is competitive professional sports man. He can do great and still be a non effect to the packers.
All I'm saying.

I see what you're saying, I just don't agree with it. The fans like to view these guys as psuedo friends, but I doubt the athletes see it that way from their point of view. To continue with my burger joint analogy, the guy's point of view their team is their employer and the fans are the fatties that frequent the place. You can't limit your potential employers just because some random cow fucker in Wisconsin would have his feeling hurt.

I don't understand the 'loyalty' angle from the althete's point of view. They are mercenaries.

New uniforms rolling out this year? Had no idea. Browns have sent out a request to view new uniforms but it wont be until the 2014 season

eznark

Banned
I see what you're saying, I just don't agree with it. The fans like to view these guys as psuedo friends, but I doubt the athletes see it that way from their point of view. To continue with my burger joint analogy, the guy's point of view their team is their employer and the fans are the fatties that frequent the place. You can't limit your potential employers just because some random cow fucker in Wisconsin would have his feeling hurt.

I don't understand the 'loyalty' angle from the althete's point of view. They are mercenaries.

The manager at 5 Guys will want his former employee to go take a shit in the coffee maker at his new joint. It helps him.

brentech

So you don't believe in sports or competition.
WTF are you talking about burger joints for. It has NOTHING to do with this matter. I already said I don't care if he does well.

Sounds to me like you enjoy having the Vikings steamrolled each season, cause all I'm saying is I want the Packers to win despite losing him. Holy shit, I care that my team wins

WTF are you talking about burger joints for. It has NOTHING to do with this matter. I already said I don't care if he does well.

Sounds to me like you enjoy having the Vikings steamrolled each season, cause all I'm saying is I want the Packers to win despite losing him. Holy shit, I care that my team wins

I agree with you but dont act like the Vikings have a longterm history of being shitty in the regular season man!

Slo

You're either intentionally missing my point, or you're just thick as fuck. And by thick, I don't mean your girth.

Good! I'd expect no less. I feel the same way about the Vikings. Loyalty makes sense (kinda) from a fan's point of view. It doesn't make sense from a career point of view. That's where the burger joint analogy came from. I'd have used Fortune 500 companies, but I was trying to make it relate-able for you.

brentech

You're either intentionally missing my point, or you're just thick as fuck. And by thick, I don't mean your girth.
Says the dude named 'Slo'.

/sigh

You're way over thinking everything I've said, and your comments have largely nothing in common with my own.
Fans thinking they're friends, working fast food, thinking he should limit is team selection. I've said absolutely none of the like. I don't even think you've addressed what I'm actually talking about a single time.

But sure, whatever makes you feel better.

Top Bottom