• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

cajunator

Banned
Apparently he has signed it, no word yet on how much it is though. Doubt the Steelers match it anyway.

Such an awesome offseason so far. Can't wait for Harrison to sign with the Rats and for the Steelers to bring back Jeff Reed, Anthony Smith and Ricardo Colclough.

I read that Steelers didnt even offer Keenan a contract. was that because they couldnt afford to or because he was easily replaced?

I read that Steelers didnt even offer Keenan a contract. was that because they couldnt afford to or because he was easily replaced?

Apparently it's because he was drafted from 2008 and beyond. Right now they're only interested in guys from 2007 and earlier.

Honestly, I can't answer your question because this is the first time in a long time that I can't follow their logic at all.

squicken

The Brady and Manning of this era.

Harvin said when he got to the facility, Wilson had been in the film room since 6 am working up what the two could start working on

Kap was probably rolling off some strippers about that time

edit: In non-trolling news Sanders signed an offer sheet with New England

Sanders, a restricted free agent, visited Gillette Stadium yesterday and signed the Patriots' offer sheet, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The terms aren't known.

Here is what that now means.

1. The Steelers can match the contract offer and retain Sanders. The problem here is the Steelers are thin on cap room.

2. The Steelers can let Sanders sign with the Patriots and receive the Pats' 2013 third-round pick as compensation. The Steelers assigned Sanders a low-round tender, which means a new team would have to surrender the player's original draft round as compensation, and Sanders was a third-round pick in 2010. This would leave the Pats with picks in the first and second round, plus two in the seventh round.

3. The Pats and Steelers could negotiate a trade, as the Pats did with Wes Welker and the Dolphins in 2007.

I need to load up on the Seahawks for the SB. Kap's in the Gold Cup and Russ is crunching tape. Getting better

kap is in atlanta training with some of our receivers. he is training in atlanta to get away from the distractions of people back home. nothin' wrong with a little play after a hard days work! as for wussle, i'd spend 24 hours a day at work too if this was my wife

ashton-meem.jpg

p.s.

tmdorsey don't let any rowdy falcons fans give him shit!

tmdorsey

kap is in atlanta training with some of our receivers. he is training in atlanta to get away from the distractions of people back home. nothin' wrong with a little play after a hard days work! as for wussle, i'd spend 24 hours a day at work too if this was my wife

ashton-meem.jpg

p.s.

Oh ok. Then those receivers are who are with him then. I didn't recognize them.

It's all good FMT. I respect him for getting out and having a little fun.

squicken

http://dailyupperdecker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ashton-meem.jpg[/MG]
![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/60f114e8883011e2a47b2npucs.jpg

Dunno if this an improvement, but he likes posting pics of his wife. Meanwhile Bradford's WRs (all three of them) are in LA and he's who knows where not giving a shit

I've always thought you should zig when everyone else zags, so maybe working less hard than people who are already better than he is the winning idea

He's a postmodern QB. His philosophy is to throw as many interceptions and few TDs as possible. He probably tries to convince Fish to punt it on first down. All while flashing that good ol' country boy buck toothed smile with those shining lazy eyes.
I have his picture hanging in my bedroom

Kacar

ashton-meem.jpg

p.s.

Holy shit I seriously thought this girl was like a different meme or something and was always photoshopped into his draft photo. This makes the photo a thousand times better.

Now we just need to get to the draft checkpoint and its practically time for football again!

i am starting to go through withdrawal now. after the niners lost the superbowl i didn't want to think about football but now i have put the million piece jigsaw puzzle of my shattered soul back together and i am disgusted to find there is another 6 months of this shitty ray lewis avatar for me.

i'm especially stoked this year because i have finally convinced my niner bro's that we need to go to the game in seattle this year and because the cardinals are so shitty there is no chance we will get a primetime game IN arizona again this year so i can enjoy attending an extra game this year!

i am starting to go through withdrawal now. after the niners lost the superbowl i didn't want to think about football but now i have put the million piece jigsaw puzzle of my shattered soul back together and i am disgusted to find there is another 6 months of this shitty ray lewis avatar for me.

i'm especially stoked this year because i have finally convinced my niner bro's that we need to go to the game in seattle this year and because the cardinals are so shitty there is no chance we will get a primetime game IN arizona again this year so i can enjoy attending an extra game this year!

It gets better. It wasnt the superbowl but I thought Id be bummed indefinitely after 09'. At least you guys probably wont suffer a horrific collapse.

It gets better. It wasnt the superbowl but I thought Id be bummed indefinitely after 09'. At least you guys probably wont suffer a horrific collapse.

but i already had to feel the pain dinosaur jr. style after the 2011 nfc championship :(

i guess the next step is us losing in overtime in the superbowl next year

cdyhybrid

Kaep is running 7 on 7s at Onyx? I'm impressed that he could find the room for that.

FMT you're coming to Seattle? Let's grab beers. I hope you enjoy the Clink, there's nothing like it.

Kaep is running 7 on 7s at Onyx? I'm impressed that he could find the room for that.

FMT you're coming to Seattle? Let's grab beers. I hope you enjoy the Clink, there's nothing like it.

i'm planning on it! have to see when the actual game is but as i said getting my buddies to agree to go is like 99% of the challenge! i've never been to seattle before but it seems like my kind of town.... except for the seachickens!

cdyhybrid

i'm planning on it! have to see when the actual game is but as i said getting my buddies to agree to go is like 99% of the challenge! i've never been to seattle before but it seems like my kind of town.... except for the seachickens!
Seattle is a world-class city. You'll enjoy it. Hopefully the game is earlier in the season before the weather goes to shit.

edit: In non-trolling news Sanders signed an offer sheet with New England

WOOOT! I am seeing some corroborating evidence to this effect:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...anuel-sanders-reportedly-signs-patriots-offer

The Patriots are actually going to have real vertical WRs now, awesome.

EDIT: Damn these conflicting reports!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Patriots still mulling whether to sign Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. So far, no decision made and no offer sheet signed.

squicken

You should move and then seasquicken.

hahahaha almost dropped my oatmeal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...anuel-sanders-reportedly-signs-patriots-offer

Patriots still mulling whether to sign Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. So far, no decision made and no offer sheet signed.

Yeah I saw that. Weird that the Pittsburgh paper would have that wrong. They were the original source the Boston media were using

Big-E

Pats still won't have a vertical game. Those days were short lived and won't be happening again. This is the one area I will concede that Brady has gotten worse at.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah, I dont know what the fuck the Steelers direction is but Im sure im not going to enjoy all of nfl-age trolling when we FUCKING SUCK DICKS JESUS CHRIST. And to beat all unless the cap increases by a lot we're even fucked in future years because we pushed back a ton of money just to get under this years cap.

Yeah, I dont know what the fuck the Steelers direction is but Im sure im not going to enjoy all of nfl-age trolling when we FUCKING SUCK DICKS JESUS CHRIST. And to beat all unless the cap increases by a lot we're even fucked in future years because we pushed back a ton of money just to get under this years cap.

Maybe you should sit this season out.

Top Bottom