• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Striker

Rors or Raiders-GAF, give me the heads up on Brandon Myers:

Mike Garafoloþ@MikeGarafolo
TE Brandon Myers has agreed to sign with the Giants.
In one instance I'm sure his production will never be duplicated again under Coughlin's offense since he relies more on running the ball and delivering many targets to his wide receivers, but if he can catch he should be able reliable to pull in 50 catches and about 550 yards. With this addition, they can go with Myers-Pascoe-Robinson and potentially add a TE in the draft, too.

No contract details yet...

cajunator

Banned
482593.bmp

3sorY.jpg

569123.jpg

nightmare fuel.
NIGHTMARE FUEL.

Spinluck

Jake Long took his Rams offer back to the Phins and begged them to match. Probably what Reed is doing with the Ravens. I kind of thought one of the goals of the off-season there was to clear out the mutineers

So is there a reason we didn't even TRY to get Long?

We get all these unknown OL, aside from that guy that Pats fans were pretty high on, but didn't even try for Long. Who would've been a guaranteed improvement to our line no matter what? And he's not even in his 30s yet.

I wonder if Doom would fit our D in its current form, I don't see why not.

JABEE

I forgot how much the Patriots had the refs in their pocket. That was a hold on the defense. What a joke! Vinateri lining up for the field goal

Patriots going to the Super Bowl.

Cheaters. The Colts were robbed.

jakncoke

Banned
It cant be that bad.
Yall still have Gay and Cortez Allen right?
What would you need Keenan for?

You dont understand how bad Gay was for us last time do you and not to mention profootballfocus has him rated as one the lowest FA cbs. Lewis was a nice step up that i thought would be our future but all is not

squicken

So is there a reason we didn't even TRY to get Long?

We get all these unknown OL, aside from that guy that Pats fans were pretty high on, but didn't even try for Long. Who would've been a guaranteed improvement to our line no matter what? And he's not even in his 30s yet.

I wonder if Doom would fit our D in its current form, I don't see why not.

People could have evaluated Long differently. They could have been scared off by his tape and medical evaluation. Freeney made him look bad. It's one of the games where it really shows that Long has some issues with lateral quickness. The Rams strategy is kind of odd. They made him their hour one priority, gave him that extensive physical, but didn't close the deal.

Long may have had ridiculous numbers in mind, but my guess is he doesn't want to leave MIA. His wife made some tweets about being surprised STL wasn't a shithole, but wasn't going to be selling her condo in MIA

cajunator

Banned
You dont understand how bad Gay was for us last time do you and not to mention profootballfocus has him rated as one the lowest FA cbs. Lewis was a nice step up that i thought would be our future but all is not

So why did the Steelers resign him if he is so terrible?

Spinluck

People could have evaluated Long differently. They could have been scared off by his tape and medical evaluation. Freeney made him look bad. It's one of the games where it really shows that Long has some issues with lateral quickness. The Rams strategy is kind of odd. They made him their hour one priority, gave him that extensive physical, but didn't close the deal.

Long may have had ridiculous numbers in mind, but my guess is he doesn't want to leave MIA. His wife made some tweets about being surprised STL wasn't a shithole, but wasn't going to be selling her condo in MIA

Hmm, I guess it's not that bad then.
Still not entirely content with our signings, but we'll see.

Tony Dungy and the Colts didn't know what it took to be Champions. They weren't as smart and didn't prepare. No. They didn't have cameras. They didn't cheat.

Imagine how upset I am watching this. No acknowledgement of SpyGate. History is rewritten.

Our power was able to overcome their cameras in the AFCC 06.

jbug617

Banned
Doom is signing with Tom Condon. Another reason why the Pats won't sign him because they have a rocky relationship with Tom Condon.

Spinluck

Doom is signing with Tom Condon. Another reason why the Pats won't sign him because they have a rocky relationship with Tom Condon.

Sounds like a likable guy.

Anyway, don't a bunch of high profile guys have him as an agent?

Like PeyPey and Brees for starters.

jakncoke

Banned
Sounds like a likable guy.

Anyway, don't a bunch of high profile guys have him as an agent?

Like PeyPey and Brees for starters.

Yeah seems so

"Condon, 59, is arguably the NFL's most powerful agent, evidenced by his A-list of clients. Peyton and Eli Manning. Drew Brees. Tony Romo. Matthew Stafford. Matt Ryan."

Rors or Raiders-GAF, give me the heads up on Brandon Myers:

In one instance I'm sure his production will never be duplicated again under Coughlin's offense since he relies more on running the ball and delivering many targets to his wide receivers, but if he can catch he should be able reliable to pull in 50 catches and about 550 yards. With this addition, they can go with Myers-Pascoe-Robinson and potentially add a TE in the draft, too.

No contract details yet...

He's dependable and reliable. Great hands, but not a great run-blocking TE. He's also not great in the redzone and dropped a couple in the endzone when games were on the line. Other than that he should be a solid go to guy for Eli. Congrats on picking him up.

Striker

Condon is with Victor Cruz now too.

EDIT: ^^^ thanks for the response.

It seems as if he'll be the move TE on the team they have used with Bear Pascoe and Travis Beckum. Hopefully Adrien Robinson is ready because he'll likely be asked to maintain that primary TE spot since he can run block.

squicken

Condon has Andre smith, Vollmer and Jake Long as well. All the pass rusher and all the offensive tackles

edit: The reason the Pats don't like Condon is his rep is that he wants every last cent for his players. No home town discounts or ring chasing discounts, which the Pats love to get from FAs. I feel that's a great agent, except when it comes to QBs. Getting so much for the midget QB that his team has to get rid of the stud guards that keep DTs out of his face isn't in the best interest of the little QB

He represents Matt Ryan, so the Falcons will really need to nail their drafts, b/c they will not be signing FAs to replace their older stars as the move on

Condon has Andre smith, Vollmer and Jake Long as well. All the pass rusher and all the offensive tackles

edit: The reason the Pats don't like Condon is his rep is that he wants every last cent for his players. No home town discounts or ring chasing discounts, which the Pats love to get from FAs. I feel that's a great agent, except when it comes to QBs. Getting so much for the midget QB that his team has to get rid of the stud guards that keep DTs out of his face isn't in the best interest of the little QB

He represents Matt Ryan, so the Falcons will really need to nail their drafts, b/c they will not be signing FAs to replace their older stars as the move on

Condon represented Ben Watson when the Pats drafted him. He told Watson to hold out, that pissed the Pats off, didn't deal with him 'till Lloyd last year.

squicken

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
ColtFans,we already past the cap cash wise/ we're workin on a deal,1 we've been workin on for 5 days/ we're very,very close 2 making it work

Best owner in football

Matt Barrows (@mattbarrows) tweeted at 7:58 PM on Sat, Mar 16, 2013:
Hearing Dahl's deal is 3 years for $5M with $800K to sign. That certainly doesn't preclude the team from signing Charles Woodson. However...
(https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/313076899771473922)

Matt Barrows (@mattbarrows) tweeted at 7:59 PM on Sat, Mar 16, 2013:
… from everything I'm hearing about Dahl – smarts, knowledge of division – it sure sounds like he'd be a good mentor for a high draft pick
(https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/313077073537277953)

lololllllllllll what a waste of money. oh well.

in other news, rumor is that julian edelman has signed with the niners. i have a hard time believing this one. waiting to see if its just another BS rumor like the nnamdi signing

lololllllllllll what a waste of money. oh well.

in other news, rumor is that julian edelman has signed with the niners. i have a hard time believing this one. waiting to see if its just another BS rumor like the nnamdi signing

He's a California kid isn't he? He's a great punt returner, can be serviceable in the passing game, but he's made of glass.

And with everything, I'll believe it when Schefter tweets it.

MechDX

Lions apparently interested in Dumervil, who coincidentally just hired Stafford's agent...

restructure that deal Fatford, do it

Wait, Ravens are showing interest in Dumervil?

Oh Shit!

Throw the Pats and Texans into the mix as well:

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=10892

Reports have surfaced the Houston Texans could be interested in free agent outside linebacker, Elvis Dumervil. The Texans were linked with contacting Dumervil along with the New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens and Detroit Lions.

Top Bottom