• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

effzee

:jnc

It's the only explanation.

Some are reporting that the Broncos will not attempt to work things out with Doom.

Gary Miller is reputable, but this is unconfirmed so not official:

gary miller ‏@thegarymiller
An NFL source just told me the Broncos are moving on without Elvis Dumervil.

DOOM to the Eagles it is!

What are the owners meeting tomorrow for you? Rules changes? Or just the first meeting in the new NFL calendar year?

squicken

DOOM to the Eagles it is!

What are the owners meeting tomorrow for you? Rules changes? Or just the first meeting in the new NFL calendar year?

Vote on the rules and compensatory picks get awarded. I'm sure they'll talk about the LA market since it seems in flux. They need it propped again to extort the next round of stadium money out of the public

edit: uh oh even the voice of reasonable Texans fans is upset

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
If Ed Reed doesn't like #Texans offer, situation, Texans need to move on. Underwhelmed by an offseason where I already had zero expectations

MechDX

edit: uh oh even the voice of reasonable Texans fans is upset

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
If Ed Reed doesn't like #Texans offer, situation, Texans need to move on. Underwhelmed by an offseason where I already had zero expectations

Shit, been saying that for two days now. Woodson is still out there! Sign Nmandi and slide Kareem over to safety would be even better

What is up with Shaun Phillips? Don't know a lot about him but he is #28 of PFT Top 100 and still isn't signed

squicken

Jake Long took his Rams offer back to the Phins and begged them to match. Probably what Reed is doing with the Ravens. I kind of thought one of the goals of the off-season there was to clear out the mutineers

MechDX

Houston went to the playoffs again!
naturally they are staying the course.
they are on the right track!

I hope this is sarcasm, which I believe it is.

The losses we have had this offseason suck.
Quin: Young guy who is coming into his own. great edge blitzer
Casey: This one will sting. Eagles will use him like Kubiak refused to and he will be all pro. Watch
Forsett: Great change up when running Foster.

Barwin: Fuck the hipster! Enjoy your letterman jackets Eagles!

cajunator

Banned

Casey: This one will sting. Eagles will use him like Kubiak refused to and he will be all pro. Watch

yes I was sarcastic. Im sorry :(

Remember when the Texans were the best team in football?

Striker

Dumervil had two seasons of 12+ sacks before Von Miller even arrived.

Depends on the scheme. In Houston and I'm sure Baltimore he would thrive. Probably 3-4 year deal max.

MechDX

The Jags have hope at least.

With loyal fans like you they should.

*hugs MechDX

image.php

effzee

Hope so. We could use a 2nd TE and Chip apparently wants to run with two TEs a lot.

Didn't Wade say he was a great player? And weren't his numbers down because he dropped back into coverage and was moved around a lot more? Or do you think he is just an average player who was exposed due to Cushing being out?

MechDX

The more you call me a Jag fan the more the Texans suck.

We should sign Pollard. Just because

Hope so. We could use a 2nd TE and Chip apparently wants to run with two TEs a lot.

Didn't Wade say he was a great player? And weren't his numbers down because he dropped back into coverage and was moved around a lot more? Or do you think he is just an average player who was exposed due to Cushing being out?

Casey was a GREAT pick up. All sports talk here basically says he was severely under utilized here and has TONS of potential. Great hands, runs with determination and is fearless.

Barwin....I thought he just had a down year but his PFF scores are average at best. When I heard the stat that 4 of his 2011 sacks (11 total) came in one game against the Jags it kind of sheds some light on things. Common sense tells you if Watt was demanding so much attention this season why didn't Barwin get more sacks?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was thinking today, how funny it would be if Pats signed Pollard. And he started injured players in practice. dat #patriotkiller

As someone in here said they should sign him and sit him so he never plays.

Knowing Pollard though he'd somehow end up killing their capspace then.

His hunger must be fulfilled.

Godslay

Banned
Dumervil had two seasons of 12+ sacks before Von Miller even arrived.

Depends on the scheme. In Houston and I'm sure Baltimore he would thrive. Probably 3-4 year deal max.

And he had three seasons where he didn't hit 10, the one season he hit 17 can be attributed to Nolan shifting him around. It really depends on the scheme as well as the surrounding players. After his injury you could tell that he was different, he is not nearly as explosive as he once was. Miller gave new life to him by taking some of the double teams off of him. I'm not trying to knock the guy down, but I think he benefits greatly by playing opposite Miller.

Wes

venison crêpe
BrianHPFC ‏@PFCentral
Grimes has underwent a physical in Cleveland & no issues have arrived. He is looking for a Sean Smith type deal three-year, $18 million

However reliable PFCentral is...

Top Bottom