• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

computer-close-hulk.gif

Hey! Show some respect for our burned out owner

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It will never cease to amaze me that a guy who couldn't pass elementary spelling has more money than I would know what to do with.

Godslay

Banned
Let me dream, I'm a Lions fan.

Fine. Here is some fap material...

ipsr6C87eUuCF.gif

Enjoy it you goddamn blood thirsty sharks!

Wipes tears from eyes...

Looks like Doom will give Broncos first shot at him. Hopefully, the can work around the deadcap (assuming deal isn't fixed by Smith), there are scenarios, but it involves Doom taking less money upfront. Whatever I guess, here's the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/03/16/elvis-dumervil-would-like-to-remain-with-denver-broncos/1993441/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the Lions somehow signed Dumervil I'd write a letter to Ford asking for a 5-year extension for Mayhew. Would be an unbelievable offseason.

That said, we don't have anywhere near the cap room.

ipsr6C87eUuCF.gif

Wipes tears from eyes...

Looks like Doom will give Broncos first shot at him. Hopefully, the can work around the deadcap (assuming deal isn't fixed by Smith), there are scenarios, but it involves Doom taking less money upfront. Whatever I guess, here's the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/03/16/elvis-dumervil-would-like-to-remain-with-denver-broncos/1993441/

I hope so, would suck to see him leave like Pryce did. Or Al for that matter...whatever happened to Wilson?

JaseMath

ipsr6C87eUuCF.gif

Wipes tears from eyes...

Got dam...still one of the meanest sacks I've ever seen. I'd hate to see him leave Denver; no more yelling DOOOOOOOOM from the stands as he runs out of the tunnel is a sad thought.

It's time! Here, watch my slideshow that proves it. Click our ads please!

Jesus fuck BR is sports goatse
BR is garbage (how hilarious is it that NAgler works for them hahaha) but I legit think it's an interesting idea. All of their personnel is geared for a 4-3 anyway.

Then again I've had a couple hard ciders and got a Brazilian earlier.

I may not be thinking clearly.

Godslay

Banned
Got dam...still one of the meanest sacks I've ever seen. I'd hate to see him leave Denver; no more yelling DOOOOOOOOM from the stands as he runs out of the tunnel is a sad thought.

Well it's not done yet. Who knows what can happen? POOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT RRRRRROOOOAAASSSSSTTTTT, just doesn't have the same feel.

eznark

Banned
BR is garbage (how hilarious is it that NAgler works for them hahaha) but I legit think it's an interesting idea. All of their personnel is geared for a 4-3 anyway.

Then again I've had a couple hard ciders and got a Brazilian earlier.

I may not be thinking clearly.

The Packers only have one defensive player worth giving a fuck about. I guess they could probably get a ton if they traded Matthews.

Bad ideas happen when you drink lady drinks, Bucket.

Bad ideas happen when you drink lady drinks, Bucket.
I'm not saying it's a good idea, I just don't think that it's likely they'll get the proper personnel in there anytime soon.

Either Ted and Mike need to tell A-Rod to tank for a year or two or get real.
They've been trying to change their tigers stripes for far too many years now.

It only worked with Matthews because he was undersized coming out of the Cheatin' Pete's PED Academy.

P.S. I ordered a Bells Two Hearted and my waitress brought two Two Hearted ales. She is a bright shining star, this one.

BR is okay for a time waster or if you are like me and crave fresh sports opinion on a daily basis about specific teams. Regardless of how garbage it is.

squicken

Sources familiar with negotiations said Jennings had an offer averaging about $8 million from the Packers before he took a five-year contract from the Minnesota Vikings that averaged about $9 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus and guarantees worth $18 million.

---

In 2012, when Jennings was near the peak of his powers, a source said talks on a multiyear extension ended when he turned down $11 million per year from the Packers, which was far less than the $15 million that he told the team he was seeking.

---

According to an NFL source, the New England Patriots offered Jennings a deal averaging $6 million but didn't get very far. Then the Patriots turned to St. Louis' Danny Amendola as the replacement for Wes Welker.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ackers-8-million-offer-em96ep8-198638301.html

bionic77

Fuck the salary cap.

When I become a GM I am going to go old school like Eddie D and Jerry Jones (back when his dick still worked) and get around the cap by buying houses for players relatives and paying them in cocaine and prostitutes.

squicken

Fuck the salary cap.

When I become a GM I am going to go old school like Eddie D and Jerry Jones (back when his dick still worked) and get around the cap by buying houses for players relatives and paying them in cocaine and prostitutes.

@GStyles420 Dane Biscon
lol jus got huse from daddyB all secret but he jus lef getin high

Fuck the salary cap.

Why not just do what the pats do and convert salaries into bonuses?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thank goodness Jeggings went to Minnesoda.

8 mil is far too much.

Dodged that bullet....even though he would have made the same amount of money in Green Bay with endorsement deals. He probably won't get as much exposure as a Viking since their fanbase is limited to the Dakotas, Minnesota, and Oklahoma.

Dodged that bullet....even though he would have made the same amount of money in Green Bay with endorsement deals. He probably won't get as much exposure as a Viking since their fanbase is limited to the Dakotas, Minnesota, and Oklahoma.

Seems to be more about his ego and less about the money.

That's probably true since I doubt his sister was saying anything he didn't agree with.
He went to Western Michigan bro, it's not like he's a member of MENSA.

I'm surprised he knows 15 is more than 14.

I'd rather have a less-talented smart guy (Nelson, Quarless) than a talented moron (Jennings, Finley).

Looks like Brent Grimes had a great meeting today with the Browns. He's young enough that I think he can overcome the Achilles. It was only week 1 in which it happened last year.

A healthy Grimes teamed with Joe Haden would be sick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like Brent Grimes had a great meeting today with the Browns. He's young enough that I think he can overcome the Achilles. It was only week 1 in which it happened last year.

A healthy Grimes teamed with Joe Haden would be sick.

responder.gif

If we get Grimes I wonder what we're going to do in the draft then...TE possibly?

Top Bottom