• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

MechDX

I will wrestle you.

I will take you down, Gator.

lovebirds.gif

bionic77

I know this hate on Love Actually isn't justified. It's a fantastic movie. Just watch it and fall in love, fellas.

And a quip about Fire Emblem: I just finished chapter 9 yesterday.... How can they make me do that? I was seriously torn about the decision.
R.I.P. Emmeryn :-( I imagine she dies with either choice, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!
War is hell.

People will die because of your actions.

If you can't handle it time to scale back and play a baby sim like Sim City or that farming sim.

squicken

So Irsay says it wasn't Cruz. Fitz like I thougt always. Shouldn't have tweeted it out until it was done but still like crazy uncle Jim

Long wants to stay in MIA. Not sure why this is taking so long. If the money is close, stay where you are wanted

Love Actually sucks so much ass. I LOVE Hugh Grant movies, but that is really just a movie that has Hugh Grant in it. 4 Weddings, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones and 9 Months all better. His best is About a Boy

tmdorsey

Funny Fire Emblem story. I was on the chapter where you fighting the Mad King and I had him down to like 7 HP but was trying to save the kill for Chrom and the bastard took of advantage of an opening and killed my dancer Olivia. I was so damn mad and of course had to reset the chapter.

I hate and love this damn game. :jnc

Funny Fire Emblem story. I was on the chapter where you fighting the Mad King and I had him down to like 7 HP but was trying to save the kill for Chrom and the bastard took of advantage of an opening and killed my dancer Olivia. I was so damn mad and of course had to reset the chapter.

i would do this repreatedly and eventually when i got towards the end (chapter 16+) i just said fuck it i dont care anymore if these guys die! my playtime was basically doubled because i kept resetting it!

How do you do freeplay to level up in Fire Emblem? Just curious, I'm maybe an hour into the game.

i just connected to street pass and summoned a bunch of teams onto the map. some of the teams are no joke though, especially early on. i got fucking destroyed by a lot of them. the good thing is if you do manage to beat them then their leader joins your squad.

i also leveled up a bit on the free DLC map (you can play it over and over)

I get to the point where I will double, triple, and quadruple check everything I do because I'm so afraid I'll do something dumb that will get someone killed an hour into a mission. The worst for me was losing someone to a guy with the Counter skill about 1.5 hours into one of the last Chapters. Man, that sucked.

I'm playing Tomb Raider now, it seems alright. It doesn't feel like a Tomb Raider but I knew what I was getting into.

Football talk - I wish Long would hurry up and finalize a deal with the Dolphins.

I get to the point where I will double, triple, and quadruple check everything I do because I'm so afraid I'll do something dumb that will get someone killed an hour into a mission. The worst for me was losing someone to a guy with the Counter skill about 1.5 hours into one of the last Chapters. Man, that sucked.

I'm playing Tomb Raider now, it seems alright. It doesn't feel like a Tomb Raider but I knew what I was getting into.

Football talk - I wish Long would hurry up and finalize a deal with the Dolphins.

tomb raider is so good. you are right, it's not like tomb raiders of old and i like that about it. those old tomb raiders have their place but this is a good take on it. the combat system is so awesome with the bow.... i never get tired of it!

playing on PC and the game looks pretty awesome too

So Irsay says it wasn't Cruz. Fitz like I thougt always. Shouldn't have tweeted it out until it was done but still like crazy uncle Jim

Long wants to stay in MIA. Not sure why this is taking so long. If the money is close, stay where you are wanted

Love Actually sucks so much ass. I LOVE Hugh Grant movies, but that is really just a movie that has Hugh Grant in it. 4 Weddings, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones and 9 Months all better. His best is About a Boy

About a Boy is excellent. I thought Music & Lyrics was good, too. Two Weeks Notice is the one with Bullock. I really thought he was hilarious in that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
i just connected to street pass and summoned a bunch of teams onto the map. some of the teams are no joke though, especially early on. i got fucking destroyed by a lot of them. the good thing is if you do manage to beat them then their leader joins your squad.

i also leveled up a bit on the free DLC map (you can play it over and over)

Hmm, I'll have to try that out. Thanks!

About a Boy is excellent. I thought Music & Lyrics was good, too. Two Weeks Notice is the one with Bullock. I really thought he was hilarious in that.

To this day, I can't believe Hugh Grant cheated on Elizabeth Hurley with some random nasty prostitute.

bionic77

That's why it's great. In the older games at the be you could be on a 2 hour map and fuck one thing up and your bitch ass healer or Pegasus knight or archer gets fucked and you have to choose between leaving them behind or starting all over. I love it!

Did not know about free DLC map. Going to download that to upgrade my shit characters.

JABEE

Well they were 20 million over like a week before FA, so I assume they are basically close to the cap wall and just enough money to sign their draft picks

They are also being penalized by the league for going over the "cap" during the uncapped year.

Im gonna watch Iron Man 2 tonight. Never saw it.
How does it compare to the first?
First one is great; felt substantial with ties to the then contemporary political climate and Downey was totally on his game.

Second one was an unfocused waste of time and a completely missed opportunity. Mickey's perfomance is great but distracted from by Avengers BS and re-casting of Rhodes from the acceptable Howard to the can't-act-for-shit Cheadle.

bionic77

First one is great; felt substantial with ties to the then contemporary political climate and Downey was totally on his game.

Second one was an unfocused waste of time and a completely missed opportunity. Mickey's perfomance is great but distracted from by Avengers BS and re-casting of Rhodes from the acceptable Howard to the can't-act-for-shit Cheadle.
What a shit opinion,

This does not bode well on your ability to judge anything. No wonder you fell for Fraudgers.

I'm actually loving it. Love the Metroid style layout and though it takes some cues from Uncharted, it differentiates itself enough. I'm honestly really surprised I'm liking it as much as I am! I'm not a Tomb Raider fan at all.

Love Actually sucks outside of Bill Nighy. Bridgette Jones and Notting Hill = excellent.

I'm actually loving it. Love the Metroid style layout and though it takes some cues from Uncharted, it differentiates itself enough. I'm honestly really surprised I'm liking it as much as I am! I'm not a Tomb Raider fan at all.
Glad you're enjoying it, hopefully it'll win me over as well. I like the feel of the combat so far, it seems more impactful than Uncharted which is nice. The environments seem really nice so far too.

Fox318

I listened to Weekend Confirmed last week and its so nice to not hear these gaming bloggers coddling to game devs about sim city.

Listen to bombcast and Maxis is the victims

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Love Actually sucks outside of Bill Nighy. Bridgette Jones and Notting Hill = excellent.

You don't love going to a fabulous place called "Wisconsin!"

Even the first few minutes makes me wonder who is cutting onions. I tear up a bit at the Heathrow airport bit and the movie really gets me with Liam Neeson at his wife's funeral (especially considering his real wife died a few years later, so it seems more real now).

None of it is as gut wrenching as the first 15 minutes of "Up" though. That's like parking the freshly chopped onion truck outside my window. Only thing that comes close to me for that is the "death" speech by Theoden in ROTK.

War is hell.

People will die because of your actions.

If you can't handle it time to scale back and play a baby sim like Sim City or that farming sim.

Excuse me? I've been running train on Fire Emblem since the first US release on the gba. I know war, bitch. But it doesn't make it any easier! It still hurts just as much as the first time!

Also, am I ever going to get another beast stone for Panne? I've been working on her and Lon'qu in a relationship and her beast stone is almost gone, so I have to make Lon'qu do all the lifting for her :-(

WedgeX

Banned
You don't love going to a fabulous place called "Wisconsin!"

Even the first few minutes makes me wonder who is cutting onions. I tear up a bit at the Heathrow airport bit and the movie really gets me with Liam Neeson at his wife's funeral (especially considering his real wife died a few years later, so it seems more real now).

None of it is as gut wrenching as the first 15 minutes of "Up" though. That's like parking the freshly chopped onion truck outside my window. Only thing that comes close to me for that is the "death" speech by Theoden in ROTK.

We agree on things.

Top Bottom