• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

brentech

We agree on things.
Wife and I watched that at a friends house. God it was horrible. At least they warned us about the incoming gut punch, but I wasn't expecting it so early in the movie.

I feel bad for all parents bringing kids to theatre thinking it was a heart warming kids cartoon.

eznark

Banned
I kind of hated Up and thought the death was meh. Considering the only thing anyone ever talks about in that movie is what amounts to the opening credit sequence, I'm always shocked that it gets so much praise.

The Shape of Things is a movie that sticks out to me as a "gut punch" not so much because you can't see it coming but because Rudd can't see it coming then BAM, fuck you. I love that LaBute made a Company of Men mirror.

brentech

I kind of hated Up and thought the death was meh. Considering the only thing anyone ever talks about in that movie is what amounts to the opening credit sequence, I'm always shocked that it gets so much praise.
Yea. Didn't think it was great as a whole. Got really bored with it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yea. Didn't think it was great as a whole. Got really bored with it.

I like Up but it loses that "I want to watch something animated and light" effect with that intro. So I actually have only seen it once! I'm like that with a lot of movies. Most of the stuff that I'll watch over and over is Sci-fi action stuff, comedies, or cartoons like Wallace and Gromit or Despicable Me.

Movies like Schindlers List and stuff is the kind of thing I wouldn't even buy. Great movie and everyone should see it once. But at a movie night with friends? "Hey let's watch Schindlers List!" said no one ever.

I though UP! was aight. I think most of its praise comes from its strong parts, which to be fair, are just that- Super strong. The majority of the movie was pretty dry for me.

Ratatouille is my favorite pixar flick though, so take that as you will.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I though UP! was aight. I think most of its praise comes from its strong parts, which to be fair, are just that- Super strong. The majority of the movie was pretty dry for me.

Ratatouille is definitely their best movie.

Spinluck

I've never seen Ratatouille, I think I should watch it and see what all the fuss is about.

Ratatouille is definitely their best movie.

Yea, Brad Bird is pretty godtier. Kinda ashamed I never put time aside for Ratatouille.

I have it on Bluray though (I own all the Pixar flicks on Bluray). So I'll probably watch it before bed tonight :-D.

tmdorsey

I thought Up was good. That opening sequence only puts the movie above most non Pixar stuff.

It's hard for me to choose a favorite Pixar movie so I just talk about the only one that can be considered a letdown which is Cars.

Also I really got stop being lazy and start doing the street passes for Fire Emblem.

bionic77

Ratatouille is the only one that really blew me away. That was a flat great movie.
That's the one that got me into Pixar movies, I saw Toy Story and Finding Nemo and thought they were good for kids movies but nothing mind blowing.

Ratatouille was Spirited Away quality.

Vyer

I've loved all the Pixar movies, except Cars 2 and Brave. Cars 1 grew on me.

Best animated movie I saw recently was Wreck It Ralph tho

squicken

Scott Wells injured last year, Jake Long to get injured this year.

Stop picking up peoples' sloppy seconds, Fish!

Preach it brother!!

edit: 4 years 36 million max. Not as bad as I was expecting. Apparently the Dolphins offered him similar terms but he chose STL. Wonder why that is

edit 2: Also seeing 5 years 45 w/ incentives.

9m a year I'm guess will be the guaranteed portion the first two or three years. But we'll see.

edit 3: Looks like it is 4 years 36m max w/ incentives. He was wanting 11m+. Just a bad FA market for everyone but Jared Cook and Mike Wallace and people signing with the Colts

jbug617

Banned
Breer just pointed out that only 4 players from the Top 10 in the 2008 draft remain with their team.

Chris Long
Matt Ryan
Darren McFadden
Jerod Mayo

Holy shit, what a long day. Had both my kids birthday party today; their birthdays are tommorrow. The highlight was someone gave my oldest a teddy bear with a Niners logo on its stomach and she said "Eww, I don't want this. We beat you" when opening presents.

I was so proud.

squicken

Still too much for an injury prone tackle!

He's not even elite!

And he's been declining. Big risk, but the reality was that none of the top 3 OTs were going to be there at 16. And MIA is kind of screwed b/c Martin is not a LT, and they probably won't have any of those three OTs at 12, either

They put him through and 18 hour physical. Fisher always had good success with vets in TEN. I would rather give Long 9m than Amendola 6m. Gotta have faith in the absence of proof I guess

jbug617

Banned
Is Jeff Darlington going in on Parcells?

And with Jake Long's departure to St. Louis, it's now very official: The Dolphins messed up. They should have drafted Matt Ryan

That's not a subjective opinion about Long vs. Ryan. It's an objective result: Long is gone. A franchise player shouldn't reach free agency.

Whether you blame Dolphins or Long, the fact is, a No. 1 overall pick didn't stay beyond his first contract. That's a failed acquisition.

And he's been declining. Big risk, but the reality was that none of the top 3 OTs were going to be there at 16.
It's probably a smart gamble, if there is such a thing, as Bradford needs all the help he can get to make up for his inability to make reads or get the ball out quickly.

But never fear friend, the Packers have this guy named Herschel Beerhouse at LT and he is TERRIBLE yet the Packers seem to win 10+ every year.

You guys will be fine.

hokahey

And he's been declining. Big risk, but the reality was that none of the top 3 OTs were going to be there at 16. And MIA is kind of screwed b/c Martin is not a LT, and they probably won't have any of those three OTs at 12, either

They put him through and 18 hour physical. Fisher always had good success with vets in TEN. I would rather give Long 9m than Amendola 6m. Gotta have faith in the absence of proof I guess

Christ. He had a 3 day visit and physical. He checked out. I am stoked. Now Sam has a big target and time to throw. Bring on the two 1st round picks. .

squicken

Is Jeff Darlington going in on Parcells?

He lives there and covers the Dolphins a lot for NFLN. Think he is kind of salty about the team. Who knows what is spin, but Twitter buzz is that Long bought in to what Fisher was selling about what the Rams are building

@Edwerderespn: Jake Long turned down a higher offer from a team other than the Dolphins to sign with the Rams.

Saffold won't stand for this backstabbing! Trade him to the niners for one of our 15 picks. We need a mediocre backup tackle

squicken

Saffold won't stand for this backstabbing! Trade him to the niners for one of our 15 picks. We need a mediocre backup tackle

He's either going to LG or RT. Curious how that goes. He has no way to force a trade. He'll fall in line

It's probably a smart gamble, if there is such a thing, as Bradford needs all the help he can get to make up for his inability to make reads or get the ball out quickly.

But never fear friend, the Packers have this guy named Herschel Beerhouse at LT and he is TERRIBLE yet the Packers seem to win 10+ every year.

You guys will be fine.

It's funny you bring this up, b/c I was reading something about the worst thing in football is not good not bad QBs. They create a false economy, as teams keep thinking they need to spend and spend to get them over the hump. That said, the Rams never did anything to help the offense until last year, and that was Wells and 2 second round picks. But Wells was hurt and the two rookies combined for less than 50 snaps

Rodgers is so valuable b/c he can overcome so many flaws on an offense. It's not reasonable to plan a team around finding a guy like that. It's just a huge bonus when you do

hokahey

You guys will be fine.

Hard to get the ball out quickly when no one is open and you're on your ass.

Bradford gets so much shit yet put up comparable numbers as Flacco in 2012 with less talent around him. .

He did have his 3rd offense in 3 years last season. The difference is Bradford didn't lose to Kaepernic last year.

How many playoff games did Bradford win last year?

But yes, beating the mighty niners was the only highlight in another typical season for grampsford. Same ol sorry ass rams!

squicken

How many playoff games did Bradford win last year?

But yes, beating the mighty niners was the only highlight in another typical season for grampsford. Same ol sorry ass rams!

We have some avatar bet next year, right? I just kind of assumed I'd lose it, but now that the 49ers are so clearly in a Craig Dahl free fall, I'm trying to remember the terms

Dragon

Banned
WALL-E is my favorite Pixar movie and Tangled being my reference 3D animation movie. Tangled and wine got me a beejer one night so perhaps that's why it holds a special place in my heart.

Top Bottom