• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

How do you think Weeden aged NFL Gaf feels? I'm already getting ready for those juicy AARP benefits since my NFL dreams have been dashed.

I'm Weeden aged, I'm just saying 1989 always seemed young to me. Now we are going to have pro athletes born in like 1994 and shit. I can't handle this anymore.

JJWattBelt.gif

u1sVOGq.png

But I don't live in Wisconsin. I win

You sure about that? Your new neighbors have already begun the transition. It won't be too long now...

Edit: I searched "Popular Houston attractions" to attempt to photoshop "Wisconsin" onto and was unable to find anything significant outside of a bunch of Hyatts and other shitty hotels. I see it's already too late.

mr2xxx

Banned
I'm Weeden aged, I'm just saying 1989 always seemed young to me. Now we are going to have pro athletes born in like 1994 and shit. I can't handle this anymore.

I feel the same when I first heard of players born in the 1990's I immediately starting feeling like the OK meme guy. I'm getting old as hell yet it doesn't even feel like it.

squicken

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Matt Hasselbeck is close to agreement with Colts, who have been quickly aggressive, just as @MikeGarafolo reported short time ago.

Good signing.

Was there some Twitter etiquette pact that was signed recently? All these ESPN / national "reporters" hat tipping other people for breaking news seems so foreign to what I was used to when I actually used Twitter; back in the wild west days of last year.

squicken

Was there some Twitter etiquette pact that was signed recently? All these ESPN / national "reporters" hat tipping other people for breaking news seems so foreign to what I was used to when I actually used Twitter; back in the wild west days of last year.

ESPN took so much shit for referring to Jay Glazer as "sources" that they had to change. Everyone else had kind of fallen in line before that as acknowledging who had it first

cajunator

Banned

I was thinking about this last year actually. Some of the new players replacing the vets are quite young and born well after I was. Its kind of a weird feeling.

But I don't live in Wisconsin. I win

Yes.

I dunno, I think I could cope.

430.jpg

That looks disgusting.
Although I would try it anyway and it would take me about 2 meals to finish that thing. Maybe even a third.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Thank God I'm married.

I'd hate to go out and accidentally hit on chicks born in like 1994 or something. That's just creepy.

Talon

AP Style Guide included something regarding attributing sources on Twitter.

Everyone in the media uses the AP Style Guide so...

Compensatory picks announced:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...unces-32-compensatory-draft-picks-to-16-teams

2013 NFL Draft compensatory picks

Rd No./Overall Team
3 33/95 Houston Texans
3 34/96 Kansas City Chiefs
3 35/97 Tennessee Titans
4 33/130 Baltimore Ravens
4 34/131 San Francisco 49ers
4 35/132 Detroit Lions
4 36/133 Atlanta Falcons
5 33/166 Miami Dolphins
5 34/167 Green Bay Packers
5 35/168 Baltimore Ravens
6 33/201 Houston Texans
6 34/202 Tennessee Titans
6 35/203 Baltimore Ravens
6 36/204 Kansas City Chiefs
6 37/205 Oakland Raiders
6 38/206 Pittsburgh Steelers
7 33/239 Philadelphia Eagles
7 34/240 Cincinnati Bengals
7 35/241 Seattle Seahawks
7 36/242 Seattle Seahawks
7 37/243 Atlanta Falcons
7 38/244 Atlanta Falcons
7 39/245 Detroit Lions
7 40/246 San Francisco 49ers
7 41/247 Baltimore Ravens
7 42/248 Tennessee Titans
7 43/249 Atlanta Falcons
7 44/250 Miami Dolphins
7 45/251 Cincinnati Bengals
7 46/252 San Francisco 49ers
7 47/253 N.Y. Giants
7 48/254 Indianapolis Colts

Nothing like compensatory picks to reveal the narrative the NFL wants to paint. Falcons? Did they even lose anyone? Michael Turner's ass to krispy kremes maybe? The 49ers? For garbage ass Alex Smith? Chiefs did them a favor. 9ers really needed another pick to have an even 45 for this draft. The thought process behind that must have been because of Craig Dahl

Top Bottom