• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

MechDX

JJ would look sexy in a Pats jersey.

wattwag_zpsde75606b.gif

What's Schaub's contract status?

Signed. Active. Its not that bad. Can cut him after 2014 with no hit.....cries

jakncoke

Banned
What's Schaub's contract status?

according to rotoworld

9/9/2012: Signed a five-year, $66.15 million contract. The deal contains $29.15 million guaranteed -- a $17.5 million signing bonus and Schaub's base salaries in years one and two. 2013: $7.25 million, 2014: $10 million (+ $1 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2015: $12.5 million (+ $1 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2016: $14.5 million (+ $1 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2017: Free Agent

Wait what, so from 2014 to 2017 if he plays all 48 games he could get 48 million in bonus or am i not understanding that correctly.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Chefs on the clock starting 10 am EDT Saturday?

edit: stupid Lions. Restructured Suh and Megatron's deals. 11m in space freed but pushed down the line. Mayhew and Schwartz sacrificing future to keep their jerbs

Exactly, and I have a huge problem with it.

That said, I DO think they sucker someone into taking Suh's contract after this year.

squall, asked LZ about Cards, thinks take Joekel or Fischer, but too high for Cooper or Johnson

I agree with him but then again, I just read up a lot. I always feel silly having strong convictions about a draft hopeful when I've only researched them online. Wish I was more interested in college ball to have my own observations, at least in years we draft early. It's a certainty we go OL early as we've completely ignored it in FA but I could see us going OLB if the right guy doesn't fall to us. I'd be happy to get Warford in the second if we went this route but I know we'll be drafting a QB fairly early too. We'll have to see if they fly off the board in the second or if a few sink to the third.

I'm heading out of town for most of Saturday but worst case scenario I can PM my top few choices if necessary. Otherwise post via phone on the road. What time are we starting? I otherwise propose Sunday.

Never been to Cullivers, is that an east coast or mid west chain?

By the way, with all of the salary cap stuff going around this is a good chance to revisit this FAQ from last season that helps to illuminate some of the details about player contracts and how some teams are affording some of the signings when they are up against the cap (the top 51 rule during the offseason for instance). Give it a look if you're interested:

http://www.askthecommish.com/SalaryCap/faq.aspx

Voluntarily?

:jnc

1) Calvin Johnson, WR Lions $16.2 million
2) Larry Fitzgerald, WR Cardinals $16.14 million
3) Mario Williams, DE Bills $16 million
4) Adrian Peterson, RB Vikings $14.38 million
5) Julius Peppers, DE Bears $14 million
6) Chris Johnson, RB Titans $13.49 million
7) DeMarcus Ware, DE/OLB Cowboys $13 million
8) Jason Peters, OT Eagles $12.86 million
9) Charles Johnson, DE Panthers $12.67 million
10) Ndamukong Suh, DT Lions $12.6 million

11) Jared Allen, DE Vikings $12.21 million
12) Haloti Ngata, DT Ravens $12.2 million
13) Trent Cole, DE/OLB Eagles $12.13 million
14) Chris Long, DE Rams $12.05 million

15) Mike Wallace, WR Dolphins $12 million

lollerskates

squicken

Harbaugh will make Schaub the next Flacco when he becomes the Texans next head coach.

They need to sign Kolb or draft a QB. No reason to give Schoob the job. Or course this is the same team that is scared it's best player will play well again, so who knows? His contract will be tough. No one besides a QB should make more than 10m. As good as he is, playoff teams can neutralize him b/c of his poop teammates

squicken

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Copy of Ziggy Ansah's passport texted to me, with photo, sig and seal, shows DOB of 5/29/1989. Age "story" coming out of Miami. Hmmmmm.

jbug617

Banned
Pats contract for Adrian Wilson is really cheap. $1 million bonus and $1 million for the first year. Seems like that's open competition money

Top Bottom