• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

So he's made out of shale?
Never played with rocks as a kid did you?

Playing with rocks? Who do you think I am? A poor?!

You pretty much quoted him with your comparison of Welker and Gronk and their durability.

It is possible that Barnwell stole that from someone else (possibly even you). I wouldn't put it above him.

As for why I read it, I honestly never paid attention to the site until the Niner blowup. Now I do skim Barnwell because it is funny. Simmons is fun to read if he is not discussing the Pats, LeBron or Kobe so there is that. But otherwise I never go there and I only get to Simmons stuff through ESPN.

I'm gonna call Drew Brees, I wanna see the evidence.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Pats don't want to pick in the first round.

Now if you had throw in 2 seconds and a third then they might consider it.

The Pats do have the second to least amount of picks in the draft. You know Bill wants some late rounders, make it 4 fourths and 3 sevenths.

Cribbs failed his physical. May sign with the Cards at a later date.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Browns WR Josh Cribbs failed physical with Cardinals, per ESPN Cleveland. A meniscus issue. However Cribbs still could sign with AZ later.

bionic77

The Pats do have the second to least amount of picks in the draft. You know Bill wants some late rounders, make it 4 fourths and 3 sevenths.
The Pats never have any picks in the current draft. They always trade them away for picks in future drafts.

I have to admit it does make their GM look a lot smarter. With less picks there is less to fuck up with and be criticized about.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Pats never have any picks in the current draft. They always trade them away for picks in future drafts.

I have to admit it does make their GM look a lot smarter. With less picks there is less to fuck up with and be criticized about.

They actually traded these away for great players such as Ocho Stinko and Fat Albert.

cajunator

Banned
Les Miles is awesome. I wish he'd coach in the NFL. Could win 16 games accidentally

I've heard this argument before, but it doesn't make sense to me. "Amendola broke his elbow in Week 1, Welker tore his knee up in Week 17. Flip that and it's a whole other conversation".

Of course it is. Danny couldn't make it through one game, while Welker made it through 17 weeks before getting eaten by the Reliant Field Turf Monster. Welker is the far more durable player. Danny is bound to have another season of relatively good health. But I think Welker is the outlier here. Most little guys can't stay healthy in football

Les is amazing. He makes watching LSU football a million times more entertaining than it should be. Also, Coach Hudspeth of the ULL Ragin Cajuns (my actual university) has gotten that team into a winning mindset for the past couple years too.

How many GAFers could do it once?

Nope. That weighs nearly twice as much as me.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ants-to-get-tougher-on-the-line-of-scrimmage/

John Mara says the giants need to get tougher

“We need to re-establish that toughness in front,” Mara told me and co-host Jim Miller on SiriusXM NFL Radio at the NFL owners meetings. “Teams ran the ball against us too easily last year. That’s an area of concern. And the offensive line, that performance needs to get a little better, too.”

---

“Our defensive line we feel like we have improved with Cullen, who all of our (personnel) people just loved,” said Mara, who also is the team’s president and CEO. “He’s been a terrific player and very durable. Actually, one of the biggest proponents to bring him was (right guard) Chris Snee, who’s had to play against him. He said this guy is a heck of a player.”

cajunator

Banned
Jeez!!!
No offense But the new slimmed down snooki might be able to give you a run for your money in a fight

Most people could.
I am non-confrontational for a reason.
According to BMI I am a bit underweight but not significantly.
I'm sure I will begin to get heavier as my metabolism slows down. Hopefully not too much.

cajunator

Banned
Its not like I go hungry or anything. I do have a small stomach though. I can put down a big steak and stuff like that, but generally I really dont have to eat a whole lot. I'm not really sure why I'm such a runt.

eli+manning.jpg

cajunator

Banned
For being a bad person

So how long before the RB position is totally outmoded? How many more rules? We already have pass interference rules heavily favoring receivers. With the new RB rule it will further marginalize the position

How so?
Also wouldnt karma for being a bad person end up making me fat and miserable?

cajunator

Banned
I actually feel for cajunator because of that. It must suck to see your team go through something like that, but at the end of the day if you're a fan you just have to ride it out until it gets better.

Pretty much. I had no idea that was going on and no fan ever wants their team to be like that. Even the Patriots fans didn't know the evil depths their team would stoop to to win.
As a fan you just ride with your team. You take the shame and embarassment as a testament to your loyalty. Or else I guess you just squicken to another one. But fuck that option. I am proud to root for the team in the state I grew up in my whole life. I will bleed black and gold until I cease being alive. To be honest, it aint so bad relative to some other franchises.

Top Bottom