• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It has to be the avatar. Everyone thinks Kave is a cat, Gata is a jags freak and Bionic is a metrosexual wearing Ugg boots guy!

I think I posted a picture of myself once and people were really sad that I wasn't a big fluffy cat.

That or my moustache repulsed everyone. Stupid Movember.

J2 Cool

I'm going to miss Urlacher, he was the Bears leader since the day he first stepped on the field. The team is just going to feel different not seeing #54 on the field. It's ugly that they had to tell him like that. I feel like he's worth more than 2 million non-guaranteed money, and can still play. I'm going to regret not seeing him in one more playoffs, after missing it on the final day last year.

I'm really not looking forward to seeing the traveling work-for-hire LB routine with him. Definitely don't want to see him on the Patriots. Filling Ray Lewis vacancy may be the most poetic way to finish his career. Though he's never defined defense in the same way. He's always been about being sleaker, faster and not as physical a reputation as the Ravens. Just hope he finds a nice 2nd home to end his career on, he's always just been so loyal to the team, city, and teammates. I'm thankful for the memories. He was one of the most universally beloved Chicago athletes in the city since Jordan retired, just behind Rose. #54 jerseys have been everywhere since I could remember.

AirBrian

I'm going to miss Urlacher, he was the Bears leader since the day he first stepped on the field. The team is just going to feel different not seeing #54 on the field. It's ugly that they had to tell him like that. I feel like he's worth more than 2 million non-guaranteed money, and can still play. I'm going to regret not seeing him in one more playoffs, after missing it on the final day last year.

I'm really not looking forward to seeing the traveling work-for-hire LB routine with him. Definitely don't want to see him on the Patriots. Filling Ray Lewis vacancy may be the most poetic way to finish his career. Though he's never defined defense in the same way. He's always been about being sleaker, faster and not as physical a reputation as the Ravens. Just hope he finds a nice 2nd home to end his career on, he's always just been so loyal to the team, city, and teammates. I'm thankful for the memories. He was one of the most universally beloved Chicago athletes in the city since Jordan retired, just behind Rose. #54 jerseys have been everywhere since I could remember.
What gets me about this is 1) who are they going to replace him with?; and 2) there could've been a middle ground...1 year for $3M? The front office's ultimatum was kind of shitty all things considered.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Here's an actual photo of me:

The real Kave Man

63+Drunk+Cat.jpg

MechDX

Aaron about to Flacco the Packers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/aaron-rodgers-closing-in-new-deal/

When it comes to value, don’t expect another nudging of the bar by a quarter inch or so. With Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco getting $20.1 million per year roughly eight months after Saints quarterback Drew Brees receiver $20 million annually, Rodgers could go as high as $23 million annually.

Which then will become the new height for which other quarterbacks aim.

Meanwhile, the teams with those ultra-high-priced quarterbacks will have less and less cap space available to fill out the other positions on the roster.

Send me Clay Mathews please!

Trent Truck blaming himself for helmet rule:

"I feel like I made it bad for all the backs," Richardson told The Plain Dealer today. "I feel like it's my fault."

He's fairly certain that his name will always be attached to the rule, which prohibits runners from using the crown of their helmets to fend off defenders in the open field.

"People keep telling me it's the T-Rich rule," he said. "I guess I made history today."

Trent is a true Brown, he has embraced the shame circle.

J2 Cool

Trent is a true Brown, he has embraced the shame circle.

Haha. I like his quote. I can understand the NFL also wanting to get rid of the type of play in that gif, but I still think they went about it wrong. It just needed a warning, don't use your helmet with intent. Put your head down heading into a pile, sure, but don't turn it into a weapon consistently or we'll start fining you. Especially sending it at other dude's helmets and facemasks. Put it into their chest, no problem.

I don't want to see the game changed arbitrarily and take developed instincts out of it. At a certain level, the NFL needs to embrace the game they created and allow it to exist as a pretty physical sport. Still understand it as a concern though. I think the media should stop taking sound bytes from RB's about the situation, and start asking defensive players. Of course every RB hates the new rule, they're dishing the blows. You don't hear the tweeting for helmet to helmet back.

I don't think Cutler is really going to get paid anything other than a middling contract. Matt Ryan will probably be next large one.

Cutler would be dead by the time his contract expires, so giving him a deal, wouldn't make any sense.

Still, seeing how the Bears handled this off season, I wouldn't be suprissed to see them sign a dead Cutler to a big money deal.

I just posted.

I feel a slight tinge of sadness there but Cleveland is one of the few places that have it worse then Toronto.

I desperately wanted to post: Thanks for the Championships! but it seemed unneccessary, as the Ravens are technically considered an expansion team, since the Browns sued to keep all their history. They even suck at losing a franchise.

Top Bottom