• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Gave my notice at work today, kinda sad. Been the 8 years. I'm gonna miss running my mouth to all the Steelers fans, especially when they go 5-11 this year.

The salary structure has fucked up MLB and the NBA. Luckily baseball is boring as shit anyway so who gives a flying fuck how screwed up it is? The NBA was only worth watching while Jordan played. Everyone else makes it look boring.

Soccer lol.

NFL and NHL for me. And to tell you the truth, I'm mostly a fan of hockey because my son plays it.

Which island?

Dont know yet. Very early in the process but I'm excited.

That would be so badass. Fuck all you ole timers with careers actually in your field. I'm probably about to take a job as a server

I'm 22. Funny thing is, I am working as a waiter at the moment to make ends meet. I have no help from parents (Ones disabled and the other is out of the picture) and I have student loans to pay.

Gotta keep that chin up man! Keep grinding.

Dont know yet. Very early in the process but I'm excited.

I'm 22. Funny thing is, I am working as a waiter at the moment to make ends meet. I have no help from parents (Ones disabled and the other is out of the picture) and I have student loans to pay.

Gotta keep that chin up man! Keep grinding.

Damn now I'm really jealous. 25 here.

Everyone knows Kyries injuries are just a conspiracy plan cooked up by Dan Gilbert to tank games for Higher lottery picks and eventually lure Lebron back.................

I can hear Kave_Man crying.

Some day the Browns will be good again.

They need to give Wheedon a chance. The old man is much better than his numbers let on. For some reason I got to watch a lot of browns games last season and even though he fucked up a good share, he had a ton of great long passes.

And for every great deep pass he had like 5 that a receiver dropped.

jbug617

Banned
Everyone knows Kyries injuries are just a conspiracy plan cooked up by Dan Gilbert to tank games for Higher lottery picks and eventually lure Lebron back.................

but this is not the year to tank, next year is going to be crazy. Speculation is that Kentucky might have up to 8 players drafted in the first round and 5 or 6 are lottery picks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sure, but that's the nature of the sport.

Basketball on the other hand can have one player (you don't even need two!) carry a team to a championship (Dirk!), and yet somehow... well, here are the 8 teams that have won a championship in my lifetime:

Bulls
Celtics
Heat
Lakers
Mavs
Pistons
Rockets
Spurs

And only one of them (Mavs) hasn't won multiple titles! You could contract 75% of the league and no one would notice. Such a pathetic league.

It's great that meanwhile 15 teams have won the Super Bowl in my lifetime! Most every team has at least had a Super Bowl appearance as well.

I wonder what baseball looks like the past 30 years. I suspect a lot of Yankees wins....

ari

Banned
Is Bioshock: Infinite out yet?

=(
I'm playing the game through the Navy. (Great Lakes, IL....NEX.) All i got to say is that this game is deep as shit. Like religion and real world problems deep. The feel of the gameplay is perfect apart from the melee, don't know why but it feels clunky....I'm playing the xbox version by the way.

So far. I would give the game a very high score.

Drakeon

Start my new job, sell my house and move. Then meet all the new Niner fans in Sacramento, and talk shit mercilously to them until they hate me.

Where at? In Sac proper or one of the suburbs? I used to live up there, living down in the Central Valley now (~45 mins south of Fresno).

Browns 2013/14 Qb
fly02.jpg
Not taking credit for this, saw it on a thread in the OBR and thought it was kinda funny. It was a thread/article about if Chud would bring the read option to the Browns....... Here it is if Anyones interested
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11394572

Dragon

Banned
I'm playing the game through the Navy. (Great Lakes, IL....NEX.) All i got to say is that this game is deep as shit. Like religion and real world problems deep. The feel of the gameplay is perfect apart from the melee, don't know why but it feels clunky....I'm playing the ps3 version by the way.

So far. I would give the game a very high score.

Ps3 version? How you gonna betray ms like that?

Kacar

but this is not the year to tank, next year is going to be crazy. Speculation is that Kentucky might have up to 8 players drafted in the first round and 5 or 6 are lottery picks.

I would be happy if somehow we got shabazz, this years top 3 is alright, it just gets ugly fast,

Where at? In Sac proper or one of the suburbs? I used to live up there, living down in the Central Valley now (~45 mins south of Fresno).
Haven't decided yet, but probably the burbs. I'll stay at a hotel for a few weeks, then rent to feel out the area. The job is Mather.

Larry how many more losses does losing Ed give us? 2? 3? You thinking 4-12 season yet or nah?
Losing Ed gives us 1 more win.

But Larry is as white as I am.....
I'm white, but not that white.

blarry you must earn good money to be able to live in frisco for the past 8 years!

speaking of jobs, my employer is laying off people nationwide tomorrow! how many people? no one knows! going to be an exciting day at work -_-

Drakeon

Haven't decided yet, but probably the burbs. I'll stay at a hotel for a few weeks, then rent to feel out the area. The job is Mather.

Losing Ed gives us 1 more win.

I'm white, but not that white.

Ah, I'm not too familiar with Mather. I lived in Folsom, nice area, but not exactly cheap to live in either.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Gave my notice at work today, kinda sad. Been the 8 years. I'm gonna miss running my mouth to all the Steelers fans, especially when they go 5-11 this year.

I'll always be here to absorb your shit talking. But really, how fun will it be when the Ravens are even worse than the Steelers this year?

blarry you must earn good money to be able to live in frisco for the past 8 years!

I never lived in SF, I lived in Santa Cruz, crazy expensive, for 5 years, and Morgan Hill, slightly less but still crazy expensive, for 3.

Ah, I'm not too familiar with Mather. I lived in Folsom, nice area, but not exactly cheap to live in either.
I hear good things about Folsom. I'm considering there and Elk Grove strongly. I need good schools and communities for my kids. And after the Bay Area, everywhere up near Sac is affordable. That was the biggest appeal, the lower cost of living. I'm making the same money, but it's like I got a 20k a year raise just based on what I'll save in housing.

Good luck FMT

Seconded. Looking for a job is shitty

thanks brothas

in other news, i saw an article today titled "Harbaugh excited about young receiver" i clicked on it expecting him to be doing his rah-rah thing with AJ Jenkins trying to boost him up but nope, it was about ricardo lockette. AJ Jenkins is a bust if harbs has nothing good to say about him considering harbaugh could make any of his players sound like all pro's

Nakazato

thanks brothas

in other news, i saw an article today titled "Harbaugh excited about young receiver" i clicked on it expecting him to be doing his rah-rah thing with AJ Jenkins trying to boost him up but nope, it was about ricardo lockette. AJ Jenkins is a bust if harbs has nothing good to say about him considering harbaugh could make any of his players sound like all pro's

#1 wideout just give him this year man playing under zook must have fucked him up. But he will be a good player either this year or next. He's a baller man I saw him play in High school saw him play in college. Give him a chance.

BOLT POST NEXT !!!! lol

So Ive been having a great year so far living where I live and trying to be in the tv industry is hard. so far i have 3 grand saved so i can move to LA im excited i hope i can make another 5-7k

cajunator

Banned
It's great that meanwhile 15 teams have won the Super Bowl in my lifetime! Most every team has at least had a Super Bowl appearance as well.

I wonder what baseball looks like the past 30 years. I suspect a lot of Yankees wins....

thats what I love about NFL.
any team can catch fire and go from terrible to great in a few years and win everything.

There are only 4 teams out of 32 that havent appeared in one.

#1 wideout just give him this year man playing under zook must have fucked him up. But he will be a good player either this year or next. He's a baller man I saw him play in High school saw him play in college. Give him a chance.

BOLT POST NEXT !!!! lol

So Ive been having a great year so far living where I live and trying to be in the tv industry is hard. so far i have 3 grand saved so i can move to LA im excited i hope i can make another 5-7k

i am trying to believe! i'll give any WR 3 years though

good luck on your acting gig. a tough industry but if you can get in you're golden! my ex gf was one of the final 2 people chosen to be in some stupid ass visa commercial years ago where she would've been in the commercial for like 5 seconds bowling (it was a montage) and she would've gotten paid like $5k plus royalties. what the fuck kind of logic is that! i wish i was that "can you hear me now" guy or the chick for tmobile. if i was the girl from tmobile id finger myself all the time she's pretty hot

squicken

I've had a season pass for The Americans sitting on my DVR. Watched the Pilot tonight. Damn those commie bastards for using Tusk. A sure way to keep me watching

Top Bottom