• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

cdyhybrid

I wish. I dont have a Ph.D.

Its potentially with Dow Chemical in one of their Nurseries.

Would you be growing bacteria and algae and stuff like that?

speaking of jobs, my employer is laying off people nationwide tomorrow! how many people? no one knows! going to be an exciting day at work -_-

Good luck man!

thanks brothas

in other news, i saw an article today titled "Harbaugh excited about young receiver" i clicked on it expecting him to be doing his rah-rah thing with AJ Jenkins trying to boost him up but nope, it was about ricardo lockette. AJ Jenkins is a bust if harbs has nothing good to say about him considering harbaugh could make any of his players sound like all pro's

Of course Harbs would be excited about a former Seahawks player. Of course, he barely saw the field and got cut in camp this past preseason, but I'm sure he'll be the #2 receiver day 1 for the Niners!

P.S. I always thought BLarry was white.

Jags: The Jaguars were "more impressed than they were prepared to be" when working out Geno Smith. - SI.com's Don Banks

Raiders: "They're thinking about Geno Smith seriously, I believe." - Chris Mortensen on the Raiders' No. 3 overall pick.

Eagles: Jeffrey Lurie hasn't traveled to meet a top draft prospect except for Donovan McNabb in 1999 - until he did so with Geno Smith.
Quotes!

bionic77

I have enough saved up to live in a large city right now for a few years but life is so much easier with low cost of living.
It is pretty awesome living in a big city as a young person.

So many girls and things to do. But obviously expensive.

Lower stress in the boonies but also less shit to do.

If you have the cash I would suggest living in the city when you are single and in a more rural or suburban environment once you have kids.

FMT hope you are not laid off today dude! And WTF @ BLarry being white...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't even see you because of all the smokescreens!

Everybody says this every year, yet the past few years almost everything reported about team interest in a player has been right. There really hasn't been much "smokescreening" in the past few.

effzee

Still think he goes in the top 10.

If he falls to the Jets they almost have to take him. Play out this last year with Sanchez and then cut him next off season when the cap hit isn't too bad. Its the only thing that will give the Jets fans some hope as they go no better than 5-11 this season.

bionic77

Other than my avatar, I have no idea why people think I'm black. Every time I come up with a reason, it sounds racist. Are you all racists?
I wasn't before I started posting here.

But you can't expect to spend so much time with packer and patriot fans and not expect to come away with it without it changing you.

Everybody says this every year, yet the past few years almost everything reported about team interest in a player has been right. There really hasn't been much "smokescreening" in the past few.

I wasn't serious.

I wasn't before I started posting here.

But you can't expect to spend so much time with packer and patriot fans and not expect to come away with it without it changing you.

I have Dutch blood, it's impossible for me to be racist.

That said, I wonder what the demographic of NFL-GAF looks like.

I've seen Larry's shit.

I know that feel bro

Milchjon

You racist cat.

1278324576_racist-cat.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I know I'm late, but LOL at the Bears switching Cutler to a read-option this year.

Talon

The read-option is spreading. Even quarterbacks who aren't exactly speed merchants will work on it in 2013.

Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman revealed Wednesday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix that the read-option will be part of the Bears' playbook. We wouldn't expect Jay Cutler to use the attack much, but it will give defenses more to prepare for. Cutler is athletic enough to at least make defenses pause on option-type plays.
LMAO

Link

There is no way they actually do this in a game. Cutler gets hurt EVERY SINGLE YEAR as is, no fucking way are they going to expose him to more hits. In the SB the Ravens were just teeing off on Kap even when he would hand the ball off. No way could Cutler hold up to that. Even CFL coach has to see that.

Still think he goes in the top 10.

If he falls to the Jets they almost have to take him. Play out this last year with Sanchez and then cut him next off season when the cap hit isn't too bad. Its the only thing that will give the Jets fans some hope as they go no better than 5-11 this season.
I'm starting to think he won't make it out of top 5

Plinko

LOL...sorry, I thought that had been talked about on here.

Again, :lol to Cutler. Dat Trestman CFL influence.

There is no way they actually do this in a game. Cutler gets hurt EVERY SINGLE YEAR as is, no fucking way are they going to expose him to more hits. In the SB the Ravens were just teeing off on Kap even when he would hand the ball off. No way could Cutler hold up to that. Even CFL coach has to see that.
The refs were really swallowing their whistles that game though. Teams try teeing off on Kap or RG3 in the regular season and it's going to rain yellow.

But maybe he doesn't mean for Cutler to run it. Tebow to Bears?

Plinko

Did you see Quin being....well....shit?

Good signing Lions!

Oh man! One bad game! He should be kicked out of the league!

Seriously, this guy is probably 50 times better than what we had out there last year.

Coleman and Wendling. Those were our safeties. Ever heard of them? Neither have we. In fact, we never even saw them on camera last year because the WRs were 15 yards behind them every play.

Top Bottom