• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

MechDX

How about we wait until the consoles are officially announced BEFORE we start taking these rumors as fact.

Its like the winning the off season or thinking Matt Schaub is a legitimate starting QB

It has the potential to end either really badly (like, 2nd videogame crash badly), or reasonably well. Hard to say right now.

It will be interesting but generally the industry is completely out of touch with the consumer.

No one wants the Kinect. No one. Yet MS keeps trying to force it down people's throats.
They haven't adjusted XBL pricing which people say because they can which is true to a certain extent but that kind of hubris got Sony in trouble with the PS3.

Valve is getting it right. Cut out middle men, pass savings onto consumers, focus on games.
Everyone else is too busy taste-testing Apple's dick or pushing the high-end "entertainment box" in a global recession.

MechDX

It will be interesting but generally the industry is completely out of touch with the consumer.

No one wants the Kinect. No one. Yet MS keeps trying to force it down people's throats.
They haven't adjusted XBL pricing which people say because they can which is true to a certain extent but that kind of hubris got Sony in trouble with the PS3.

Valve is getting it right. Cut out middle men, pass savings onto consumers, focus on games.
Everyone else is too busy taste-testing Apple's dick or pushing the high-end "entertainment box" in a global recession.

http://www.1up.com/news/xbox-36-sales-66-million

The video states that there have been 66 million Xbox 360 systems sold, though given the nature of the video, there was no mention of whether that is the number of systems shipped or sold through to customers. The same can be said for the Kinect figure shared: the sensor is up to 18 million units sold.

As of Jan 2012 18 MILLION people wanted it.

MechDX

If you guys could purchase any car what car would you purchase?

057897-2013-shelby-gt-500-review-by-john-heilig.1-lg.jpg

2013 Shelby GT 500 Mustang. It is fucking insane!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you guys could purchase any car what car would you purchase?

In what price range? For what use? So many choices....

Can't believe Cutler popped the question like that not even really shocked on how he did.

I always want to hate on Cutler but for some reason that didn't bother me. Mostly because my "proposal" was one of those "so how about it?" things that just kind of come up in conversation.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
In what price range? For what use? So many choices....

I always want to hate on Cutler but for some reason that didn't bother me. Mostly because my "proposal" was one of those "so how about it?" things that just kind of come up in conversation.

Doesn't really bother just find it really funny how this is the Jay Cutler way. In a text message and a ring in the mail can't really do it any better then that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Realistically for my next car, I'm looking at a two door Honda Accord Coupe or a 2.0T Hyundai Genesis....looking to spend in the 30k range. I also like the 2 door Nissan Altima but I've heard bad things about Nissans in recent history.

After that, I'll probably drive whatever is easy to get a baby seat into the back of. BMW SUV or something.

MechDX

Realistically for my next car, I'm looking at a two door Honda Accord Coupe or a 2.0T Hyundai Genesis....looking to spend in the 30k range. I also like the 2 door Nissan Altima but I've heard bad things about Nissans in recent history.

After that, I'll probably drive whatever is easy to get a baby seat into the back of. BMW SUV or something.

Typical Woodlands resident probably drive like you own the road and cut me off at every damn chance. :jnc

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Typical Woodlands resident probably drive like you own the road and cut me off at every damn chance. :jnc

You weren't kidding about that. I slowed down to switch lanes the other day (because good luck finding anything here) and this lady laid down on the horn until I was able to get over because I wasn't going speed limit +20. Then this other guy laid on the horn because I didn't immediately let him into the far right lane on a feeder road....traffic was at a dead halt anyway.

And then today I was turning right into a shopping center and the lady behind me couldn't wait the extra 2 seconds to slow down until I was done turning so she passed me in the left oncoming lane and damn near hit a big truck that was turning left out of another road.

These are just a few of the many, many stories I have and I've only been here for a few weeks.

How about we wait until the consoles are officially announced BEFORE we start taking these rumors as fact.

Its like the winning the off season or thinking Matt Schaub is a legitimate starting QB
I grow weary of Mechs continued Schaub angst. It's not like Sanchez is his Qb, Schaub is still pretty good. Fuck even Fox dosent complain about his Qb and his Qb really is Sanchez!

squicken

I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans when I was 17. This was before it was all pervs with cameras taking pictures of chicks who flashed their tits. Well, that's not totally true. We just didn't have cameras. But this was before the internet, and when we heard chicks showed their boobs and we could get served beer, the choice was made

Was awesome but also kind of scary.

cajunator

Banned
I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans when I was 17. This was before it was all pervs with cameras taking pictures of chicks who flashed their tits. Well, that's not totally true. We just didn't have cameras. But this was before the internet, and when we heard chicks showed their boobs and we could get served beer, the choice was made

Was awesome but also kind of scary.
Its a lot safer in other cities.
Nola Mardi gras can get out of control.

Top Bottom