• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

MechDX

BCTtcfNCMAAaYZV.jpg

Watt in cake form.

Welcome to the off season!

Raiders
Bears
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Rams

...huh more than I expected. KC could go 4-3 with Reid as well. Don't the Pats run a base 4-3 now as well? Though I know Bill loves to change it up. About half and half in so far as 3-4 vs 4-3 teams right now it looks like.

Yeah, the Pats switched to a base 4-3 a couple of years ago

jakncoke

Banned

AirBrian

Chicago Bears
Record: 10-6 Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Left tackle is the Bears' biggest need, but they cannot afford to miss at that position again after whiffing on the likes of Gabe Carimi and Chris Williams. Any tackle still on the board would be a reach here, and if Chicago elects to let 35-year old MLB Brian Urlacher walk in free agency, Te'o would be an interesting replacement with his three-down ability.
There has to be a "whiffing" joke in there somewhere.

Luke Joeckel
Kansas City Chiefs
Analysis: At this point the Chiefs could be weighing at least a handful of players for this spot, if they stay here. As of now, at No. 1, a quarterback shouldn't be in the mix. So I think fans needs to consider that K.C. could be looking to secure the best available player here, period. From there, they either consider a QB with their first pick in Round 2, or perhaps the option of trading into the late first to maximize value.

Nothing says maximum value like drafting a left tackle to replace an already top 10 left tackle in Albert, so that your rotating circus of excrement at quarterback can continue to lose game after game.

jakncoke

Banned
2009 1st round Draft

1-1 Stafford lots of stats, little wins
1-2 Jason Smith lol, about to be on his 3rd team
1-3 Tyson Jackson lol as well
1-4 Aaron Curry lol
1-5 Mark Sanchez buttfumble
1-6 Andre Smith carries guns into airports
1-7 DHB eh
1-8 Eugene Monroe how is he gata?
1-9 BJ Raji in that fuckings stupid commercial
1-10 Crabbles finally a decent season
1-11 Aaron Maybin lol loser, what you get for leaving early
1-12 knowshon moreno bust?
1-13 Brian Orakpo good
1-14 malcolm jenkins how is he? well i guess saints D lol
1-15 brian cushing steroids
1-16 larry english doing anything?
1-17 tacos be taco'ing
1-18 robert ayers dunno
1-19 jeremey maclin eh
1-20 Pettigrew dont lions bitch about him catching
1-21 Alex Mack seems to be a good piece to the browns OL
1-22 Percy Harvin outperformed my expectations. if he could smoke bud for his headaches
1-23 Michael Oher white people saved, then made a movie to remind the public of it
1-24 Peria Jerry falcons input?
1-25 Vontae Davis didnt he get abused for the Colts?
1-26 clay mathews caveman
1-27 donald brown GODDAMIT DONALD
1-28 Eric Wood I remember being pissed that Bills and Browns took centers from us
1-29 Nicks, it was funny Nicks and Wallace were the class of wrs and now wallace a lil bitch
1-30 kenny brit showed potential, but stats dont seem to follow qb?
1-31 Beanie Wells 23 starts in a sea of garbage
1-31 ziggy good. eh, remains to be seen.

jakncoke

Banned
Not a strong draft. But Gil Brandt had this earlier. Only Packers and Steelers didn't get a starter from 2011 first round. Already an amazing draft

I dont think thats a fair assessment, we bring em along slowly. He could very well be the starter this year.

Is the deluxe worth the extra money?
Well there's the digital discount thing which is nice but that hasn't even come into play for me yet since I haven't bought anything from the WiiU eShop... The extra space isn't a big deal since you'll need more either way. I like the docking station for the controller and I prefer black consoles so I guess those are pluses. Nintendoland is pretty fun but I wouldn't own it if I didn't get it for free.

I think it just comes down to the individual. If that stuff is worth $50 to you then I say go for it.

Striker

2009 1st round Draft
Awful first round, but thank Tebow for Hakeem Nicks. And to think many of us Giant fans were so unsure on him prior to it (fatty jokes).

Giants 2009 draft:

1st round: Hakeem Nicks: great pick
2nd round: Clint Sintim: two major injuries, out of the league
2nd round: Will Beatty: had some injury issues, looked good last year until the eye issue, had a really good 2012 year
3rd round: Ramses Barden: bust
3rd round: Travis Beckum: bust
4th round: Andre Brown: cut due to injury, came back after few seasons and is now with them
5th round: Rhett Bomar: never did anything
6th round: Deandre Wright: never did anything
7th round: Stoney Woodson: never did anything

Pretty weak draft. Only good ones were Nicks and Beatty, who have been standout when healthy. Brown returning has been good for both sides. Beckum and Barden will be out of the league soon, I imagine.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Not a strong draft. But Gil Brandt had this earlier. Only Packers and Steelers didn't get a starter from 2011 first round. Already an amazing draft
The Steelers most certainly got a starter. Just because DeCastro started the year on ir doesn't mean he's a bust.

Awful first round, but thank Tebow for Hakeem Nicks. And to think many of us Giant fans were so unsure on him prior to it (fatty jokes).

Giants 2009 draft:

1st round: Hakeem Nicks: great pick
2nd round: Clint Sintim: two major injuries, out of the league
2nd round: Will Beatty: had some injury issues, looked good last year until the eye issue, had a really good 2012 year
3rd round: Ramses Barden: bust
3rd round: Travis Beckum: bust
4th round: Andre Brown: cut due to injury, came back after few seasons and is now with them
5th round: Rhett Bomar: never did anything
6th round: Deandre Wright: never did anything
7th round: Stoney Woodson: never did anything

Pretty weak draft. Only good ones were Nicks and Beatty, who have been standout when healthy. Brown returning has been good for both sides. Beckum and Barden will be out of the league soon, I imagine.
Reese's weakest, IMO.

Sintim was a poor pick even despite the injuries. 3-4 outside backer trying to fit in on a 4-3 defense. Never caught on and the injuries were too much (two ACL's in consecutive years.

Barden was depth in the third round but we moved up to take him. Definitely picked for his measurables and size. The guy can't beat press coverage. Run slants all day and he might do something for you.

Beckum was another strange pick. An H-Back that really never found a role on the offense (we just don't use tight ends the way Beckum should have been used). Couldn't block to save his life until recently and then add in the fact that he would time if he stubbed a toe nail and well....

The Steelers most certainly got a starter. Just because DeCastro started the year on ir doesn't mean he's a bust.

2011 was Heyward.

Regardless, Steelers (and I assume Packers) don't work that way. No way A Defensive End is going to be a year 1 starter under anything less than the most dire circumstances.

jakncoke

Banned

Thats 2012 :p

2009 Steelers

1st Ziggy Hood remains to be seen how much value is here

3rd Kraig Urbik isnt he starting in Buffalo right now?

3rd Mike Wallace funny how fast the opinion of him dropped. will prob provide value somewhere

3rd Keenan Lewis starter now

5th Joe Burnett playing in CFL now after being through us,giants and a arena football team

5th Frank Summers was suppose to be a bruiser never panned

6th Rashon Harris been with 4 teams, us 3 times lol

7th AQ Shipley GO PENN ST, got 4 starts for Colts this year it seems

7th David Johnson was using him as a FB/reserve TE before he tore his ACL

Could of been a better draft, but overall not completely terrible I feel.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

The jury is still out on Derek Sherrod. He was a backup his first year and was on IR for all of this season I believe. Who knows what he is....can't be worse than Allen Barbre.

squicken

I wasn't dogging Packers or Steelers. Just pointing out how good 2011 was vs 2009. Draftniks always say "no such thing as a weak draft", but that's silly. Some draft classes just suck. Some are strong. 2013 seems kind of light, to me

Top Bottom