• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Draxal

Reese's weakest, IMO.

Sintim was a poor pick even despite the injuries. 3-4 outside backer trying to fit in on a 4-3 defense. Never caught on and the injuries were too much (two ACL's in consecutive years.

Barden was depth in the third round but we moved up to take him. Definitely picked for his measurables and size. The guy can't beat press coverage. Run slants all day and he might do something for you.

Beckum was another strange pick. An H-Back that really never found a role on the offense (we just don't use tight ends the way Beckum should have been used). Couldn't block to save his life until recently and then add in the fact that he would time if he stubbed a toe nail and well....

I think 2008 is worse. It's basically Philips, Thomas (ouch, at what could of been here) and Mannigham vs Nicks, Beatty, and Brown. Andre Brown is obviously the weakest, but Beatty and Nicks are going to have longer Giant's careers then any of the 2008ers. 2011 isn't looking so hot yet (obviously we have some more time to go), unless Austin busts out. Jacquian William/Prince obviously the best players of that draft. 2010 was by far the best if you include Cruz (then again 2011 had Hynoski to increase that one).

I think 2008 is worse. It's basically Philips, Thomas (ouch, at what could of been here) and Mannigham vs Nicks, Beatty, and Brown. Andre Brown is obviously the weakest, but Beatty and Nicks are going to have longer Giant's careers then any of the 2008ers. 2011 isn't looking so hot yet (obviously we have some more time to go), unless Austin busts out. Jacquian William/Prince obviously the best players of that draft. 2010 was by far the best if you include Cruz (then again 2011 had Hynoski to increase that one).
'07 is his best draft. Even with most of the players having moved on. (Ross, Smith, Boss, Bradshaw, DeOssie). 2010 would certainly come in second.

Draxal

'07 is his best draft. Even with most of the players having moved on. (Ross, Smith, Boss, Bradshaw, DeOssie). 2010 would certainly come in second.

Yeah, I thought that was common knowledge so I was judging 2008-11 there. Although, if include his days as dpp I'd take 2005 over 2007 any day of the week, with 4 picks, he absolutely nailed 3 of them.

squicken

lolz 49ers tearing apart. Seattle will coast to the division win next year

Niners cornerback Chris Culliver lined up across from Jacoby Jones on the line of scrimmage, but was 10 yards behind when the reception was made. Culliver expected over-the-top help from safety Donte Whitner, who sat on an inside route run by Anquan Boldin.

Culliver was asked if Whitner was supposed to remain deep. "Yeah," Culliver told the Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows on Tuesday. "Like I said, I don't want to throw nobody under the bus. But I had him and we wasn't on the same page, so it ends up as a touchdown."

Whitner had a different perspective.

"No. No. People don't know," Whitner said. "It's something we call 'pounder' where we're playing man-under (coverage) in a form of quarters where I'm on No. 2 (receiver). Anything that No. 2 does, I'm over him. Then we're playing man to man outside. Our corners did a great job all year of playing this coverage. And it just caught him (Culliver). It just caught him. I don't know.

"Chris is man to man, that was his guy. And the guy just got behind him. The guy is extremely talented guy. The guy who caught the football ... he's extremely fast. I don't know. He'll (Culliver) be better next year. He'll be better covering on the outside next year, and hopefully we don't give up those type of plays. But it's the Super Bowl.

"Coverage goes with rush. And on that play, I don't know if we had the best rush. We definitely didn't have the best coverage. So (Ravens quarterback Joe) Flacco was able to step up, throw it deep and that's exactly what we didn't want all week long."

Striker

Giants have resigned Shaun Rogers:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...n-Rogers/38507fd6-f9f0-4fb1-92a3-bf150d4baddf

Giants had plans for Rogers as a big run stuffing DT. It's obvious they still want to squeeze whatever he has left in his career out of him. Likely a cheap vet minimum signing as well.
Isn't a bad move. Cheap and decent rotational guy for run defense. Lord knows this team has been gutted so much. They will sitll add a few more guys at DT to obviously battle in camp. Kuhn and Austin both may be out due to injury/being trash so they may have Joseph, Rogers, and two others.

Fox318

Jets and Eagles updates:

8gX9UDB.gif

effzee

Jets and Eagles updates:

I really wish there is a concrete plan in place and everything is going in order according to it.

Some of these moves and pick ups seem random.

Chip also seemed to be very high on every coach the Browns had because they are now our coaches. Just really dislike the Davis hire as DC. Its not just that he is a retread its just that he has failed every time he has been DC and most recently he was the Browns LB coach. And as far as I know the Browns LB corp didn't play outstanding or really stood out.

Now Alabama's OLINE coach. I guess we have a good mix of NFL and College coaches. Mix of old and new.

Striker

Chip also seemed to be very high on every coach the Browns had because they are now our coaches. Just really dislike the Davis hire as DC. Its not just that he is a retread its just that he has failed every time he has been DC and most recently he was the Browns LB coach. And as far as I know the Browns LB corp didn't play outstanding or really stood out.
They have D'Qwell Jackson but he's been there before Davis arrived. He's played at a high level coming off two big injuries. Fujita and Gocong have been hurt, so they have relied on younger guys.

squicken

What Darnell being pissy about?

Also for Cajun

http://www.missfidget.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cjaun_squrl.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I guess Rix was on radio in Florida and implied Dockett was gay and over-compensating on Twitter. He subsequently apologized. He and Dockett were teammates at FSU

edit: Re-draft of 2012. Wilson goes #3 to CLE

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130207/2012-nfl-draft-redo/index.html[/url]

cajunator

Banned
Thinking of getting a Wii U today.Should I?

Sure, why not?
There is enough in the launch phase to enjoy for now but this being a Nintendo console you know what you are getting into regarding release schedules.

Is the deluxe worth the extra money?

No its really not unless you really like nintendoland and black consoles.

What Darnell being pissy about?

Also for Cajun

cjaun_squrl.jpg

Isnt Walkers owned by Lay's?
Also I would try those.

Dockett is a great player who doesn't know how to shut the fuck up. The guy seems like he'll never grow up off the field but he has the right mind set when it comes to playing and preparing for it and his attitude towards comradery. They are going to put him back in his natural role in the new system so he will be back to his former dominance and putting up numbers. So few people seemed to realize his value in Horton's system but it asked a different role of him that he didn't enjoy, now he can get back to coming after the QB which is what he does best.

Striker

Colts fifth-round running back Vick Ballard had more than 960 yards of combined rushing and receiving, but I'm sticking with Wilson for the Giants because by season's end he had overcome his fumbling issues and started to come into his own. He's got big-play potential, and he showed up in the kickoff return game in the season's second half as well. With Ahmad Bradshaw released this week, Wilson looks like he'll be the Giants' No. 1 back in 2013.\

He had one. He did great all year long in the KR job - it was only until the Saints game he had the TD finally, but he was close to breaking them all year. He had almost 300 more yards than the second guy.

bionic77

That Rayman thing doesn't seem like a good thing for Wii. Hopefully they can get Japanese support (do they even support consoles?).

jakncoke

Banned
Harrison Smith would be nice, But really Decastro could be very nice as well. We got a lot of spots of need.

Sure, why not?
There is enough in the launch phase to enjoy for now but this being a Nintendo console you know what you are getting into regarding release schedules.

No its really not unless you really like nintendoland and black consoles.

Isnt Walkers owned by Lay's?
Also I would try those.

They seem to have similar logo so probably, I was in the chip thread and thought this screams Louisiana food :p

bionic77

Windows 7 just enables to drag and drop into apps. It can't do the combining itself
Never tried to combine them. For me reading and editing is good enough. Creating forms sounds like a job for my secretary.

Truthfully I wish I could just use a Mac all the time, but our office is Windows. I use my Air on the road though.

cajunator

Banned
Harrison Smith would be nice, But really Decastro could be very nice as well. We got a lot of spots of need.

They seem to have similar logo so probably, I was in the chip thread and thought this screams Louisiana food :p

squirrel is eaten but usually just by hunters. Its not on restaurant menus lol.
Alligator, however, is.

bionic77

So I decided to wait on the Wii U.
If you don't get a console at launch (the best time) then get it for its 2nd holiday. Should be a few must have games by then.

In the meantime get Fire Emblem for DS and grow a penis and stop being a squicken about the Pats and Jags. Man up and be a one man, Jags only, fan.

eznark

Banned
Never tried to combine them. For me reading and editing is good enough. Creating forms sounds like a job for my secretary.

Truthfully I wish I could just use a Mac all the time, but our office is Windows. I use my Air on the road though.

It's fun!

Man, I've been so busy at work today I completely forgot that Bowles' presser was today. I feel pretty relieved from the portion I've read thus far. He's keeping it 3-4 despite what most believed and he doesn't want to fix what isn't broken. He's going to leave a lot of things the same and just try to tweak and add to it. So Dockett won't be going to his most natural role of 4-3 DT, but he'll be used differently in the new scheme nonetheless and that will be one of the major tweaks to Horton's system. Switching to a 4-3 would have been a big project, required multiple players from the draft for it, and would have me nervous given Bowles' underwhelming track record. With this news, he won't have to be spectacular as we have most of the personnel in place and he won't have to reinvent the wheel which makes his job a lot easier. We need to focus on offense this draft too so I wouldn't want to have to go out for a bunch of 4-3 system player shopping. Relieved.

Ahahaha, Dockett is definitely Bi-sexual. I used to be roommates with FSUs 3rd string QB and we were talking about this last night. I forget who it was with but him and one of the badass FSU Lbers had something going on but because they were so good no1 cared.

bionic77

It's fun!
I am sure it is. My secretary always seem happy. She is probably happy sucking my associates cock too when he is fucking her on the side. Neither is for me though. That's why I studied and went to college. So I would not have to suck dick, make forms or work.

eznark

Banned
I am sure it is. My secretary always seem happy. She is probably happy sucking my associates cock too when he is fucking her on the side. Neither is for me though. That's why I studied and went to college. So I would not have to suck dick, make forms or work.

Maybe if you had studied harder you wouldn't be driving a Lexus.

squicken

Colts fifth-round running back Vick Ballard had more than 960 yards of combined rushing and receiving, but I'm sticking with Wilson for the Giants because by season's end he had overcome his fumbling issues and started to come into his own. He's got big-play potential, and he showed up in the kickoff return game in the season's second half as well. With Ahmad Bradshaw released this week, Wilson looks like he'll be the Giants' No. 1 back in 2013.\

He had one. He did great all year long in the KR job - it was only until the Saints game he had the TD finally, but he was close to breaking them all year. He had almost 300 more yards than the second guy.

Oh there's flaws all over. TY Hilton is a nice player, but not a first round pick. Jenkins always had talent, it's making it through an offseason that will be key. Not to mention he got suspended this year and probably cost them a game or two earlier in the year with his bizarre off coverage vs JAGs

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So teams can keep rolling over their unused cap space? Which team is going to lowball payroll for 5 years and then spend an extra $100 million to win a lombardi immediately? Sounds like a plan for the Florida Marlins.

jakncoke

Banned
So teams can keep rolling over their unused cap space? Which team is going to lowball payroll for 5 years and then spend an extra $100 million to win a lombardi immediately? Sounds like a plan for the Florida Marlins.

Even with cap rollover, they still gotta reach 85% basement floor

Top Bottom