• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Jordan Cameron should be in for a big year. Unless the Browns draft another TE in the first 4 rounds. :eek:
you whore, WTF is wrong with you? But really though I'm not hopelessly optimistic about Cameron like most browns fans. I'm not gonna be impressed or expect anything until he does something. He might have the measurables but that doesnt mean anything. I've been wanting to get a TE high for awhile, like last year would of wanted Fleener at 22 or the year before Rudolph. If we can trade way down and maybe pick up a 2nd, I'd like a TE high. At the same time I think he could be a compliment to Someone else, some good TEs in FA too

I'm having a hard time telling you and TL apart. One of you needs to break out a new fraudgers avy.

Im going to move on now. Time has healed enough

Scooby Doo hacky sack? Fucking hippie.

Shit, at least looking back I wasn't as spoiled as kids seem to be these days. iPhone/iPad under the tree or you're the worst parent ever, apparently. Scooby bean bag stuffed animal and my little Aiwa CD "boombox"was all I needed.

alHDH1A.jpg

<3

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Your daily destruction of the game update, brought to you by NFP.

The NFL has looked to a lot of places to make its game safer. It even has looked to Canada. And it may continue to look north.

As recently as a year ago, the competition committee kicked around the idea of a bigger field, CFL style. And this wasn’t the first time the committee has broached the subject. Perhaps the committee will broach the subject again when it meets in Indianapolis in advance of the combine.

The Canadian field is 195 feet wide, compared to the 160 foot wide NFL field. The CFL field also is 30 yards longer, but the widening of the field is what really could impact safety regarding head injuries.

“I’m not so sure we shouldn’t think about widening the field,” former competition committee member Bill Polian said. “It’s a radical idea, but I think it’s worth thinking about. You would have more space and perhaps a safer game. I say that based on my CFL experience. There are less collisions of that type in the Canadian game.”

Draxal

Play it now. Honestly one of the best series of games I have ever played. They are really old though and it will make you hate Nintendo for never releasing it here.

They are not that complicated. The first GBA game has an awesome tutorial/game introduction. There is one mistake all rookies make, let me know if you want to know what that is.

Also be warned the games are really addictive. Never take them into the bathroom or start a game if you are in the middle of studying for an exam. You will fail and end up with hemorrhoids.

Did you get Awakening yet?

but yeah I think FE's better for portables (srpgs in general, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is also another great use of the format).

cajunator

Banned
Goddamnit no. Widening the field would force several stadiums to change completely for one thing. The other it would ruin the current dynamic. Players would just hit the edge all the time and nobody would catch them.

Goddamnit no. Widening the field would force several stadiums to change completely for one thing. The other it would ruin the current dynamic. Players would just hit the edge all the time and nobody would catch them.

I'm certain Goodell is aware of this. He wants those college basketball scores by any means necessary.

jakncoke

Banned
Holy shit can you imagine overall cost that'll take to retrofit stadiums to CFL style fields. Also how does bigger field decrease head injuries?

squicken

Well basketball has needed to widen it's court for some time. I have no problem with safety stuff as long as it doesn't turn into college with the wide hashes and horizontal passes all over

cajunator

Banned
Holy shit can you imagine overall cost that'll take to retrofit stadiums to CFL style fields. Also how does bigger field decrease head injuries?

wider field = more area and less percentage of a chance of collisions...I guess.
It doesn't make a lot of sense because you will just have everyone playing in the same overall area of the field still colliding and bumping heads to make plays.

jakncoke

Banned
wider field = more area and less percentage of a chance of collisions...I guess.
It doesn't make a lot of sense because you will just have everyone playing in the same overall area of the field still colliding and bumping heads to make plays.

To me bigger field just means more yards to build up speed for just much big collisions

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Widening the field is a good start. CFL is all offense.

I think if you combined this with eliminating special teams/field goals, I think that may do it.

I'd watch a 26 game schedule and I'd even put up with a few teams in Europe.....but changing the fundamentals of the game into something different is awful.

Rorschach

I think if you combined this with eliminating special teams/field goals, I think that may do it.

I'd watch a 26 game schedule and I'd even put up with a few teams in Europe.....but changing the fundamentals of the game into something different is awful.

I would not watch 26 game seasons. That's ridiculous. And a 26 game season with flights to Europe and the current Thursday night scheme? Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. I'd rather widen the field than watch that.

jakncoke

Banned
I would not watch 26 game seasons. That's ridiculous. And a 26 game season with flights to Europe and the current Thursday night scheme? Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. I'd rather widen the field than watch that.

You only say that because 4-22 seasons would be dreadful

Top Bottom