• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Talon

I picked the same for me free one last night. High-five!

Also, dont ever order anchovies on a pizza just to try it. Eat an anchovie seperate and then realize how disgusting that would be on a pizza.
Well, when it's on a pizza, it melts down and becomes less fishy and more of a very unambiguously salty bite.

Anchovies are used in a lot of delicious tomato-base sauces. When it's cook down, you wouldn't even be cognizant of it.

I like elk. It's kind of hard to prepare because it's leaner than beef and you can turn it into shoe leather, but it's got good flavor.

That's what I heard, so I had it medium rare, when I'm usually a medium well guy. Being so lean, the meat looks phenomenal. Like a steak from a cartoon.

brentech

I watched the intro to SNL only to find out Bieber was the host so I turned it off....

But during the opening skit was a parody of the power outage and they were filling the time.
James Brown ends up talking about Marino's supposed kid, and says something to the likes of "we've got to start filling up time, everyone's going to have to start telling the truth about some things" when Marino gets up set.
Then Sharpe mentions "Well, Ray Lewis knows the truth about those murders, cause it was him!"

I had a good laugh. Then they showed Bieber's face and I turned the channel. Sounds about right. First bit of SNL I try to watch in years on TV, can't do it.

oh..and new avy. back to the good old days. we miss you nick collins

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
SNL hasn't been funny since like....the Adam Sandler/Chris Farley/Phil Hartman days

I was playing through Spec Ops: The Line. I'm wussing out after the "White Phosphorous" mission. Great game but I thought Max Payne 3 was dark and depressing.....gracious.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Keep going.

The gameplay got kind of tiring anyway, I cheated and read the ending. Yeah that's not my idea of entertainment I guess....I respect what they're trying to do but that's not really my thing. Definitely something different and I spent money on it so I did my part I suppose!

Kurt Warner football life now, I love these!

I'm somewhat surprised that we got a "Blind Side" movie but not a Kurt Warner movie. Too famous already?

we miss you nick collins
nick collins

crying-gif-2.gif

jakncoke

Banned
The gameplay got kind of tiring anyway, I cheated and read the ending. Yeah that's not my idea of entertainment I guess....I respect what they're trying to do but that's not really my thing. Definitely something different and I spent money on it so I did my part I suppose!

I'm somewhat surprised that we got a "Blind Side" movie but not a Kurt Warner movie. Too famous already?

Kurt Warner is white, Michael Oher is black. Whites saved Oher and wanted the world to know this in movie form that they arent racist and save blacks from povery.

Edit; How can you name yourself Jim Harbaugh, and not post at least once in the relevant thread to your username

squicken

Kurt Warner is white, Michael Oher is black. Whites saved Oher and wanted the world to know this in movie form that they arent racist and save blacks from povery.

Edit; How can you name yourself Jim Harbaugh, and not post at least once in the relevant thread to your username

So they brought a HS kid into their house knowing, or at least gambling, that one day they could get famous by having a book written and then movie made about them(and Oher isn't even the singular subject of the book)? If you are going to be cynical about it, then go with the silliness that they adopted him so they could steer him towards Ole Miss

Talon

Sean Payton and Rex Ryan are about to unleash a force of douchebaggy and smugness unrivaled in this league.

Edit: Yeah, yeah, it's Rob. I'm tired. It's late.

Greg

I watched the intro to SNL only to find out Bieber was the host so I turned it off....

But during the opening skit was a parody of the power outage and they were filling the time.
James Brown ends up talking about Marino's supposed kid, and says something to the likes of "we've got to start filling up time, everyone's going to have to start telling the truth about some things" when Marino gets up set.
Then Sharpe mentions "Well, Ray Lewis knows the truth about those murders, cause it was him!"

I had a good laugh. Then they showed Bieber's face and I turned the channel. Sounds about right. First bit of SNL I try to watch in years on TV, can't do it.

it was the best episode in a long time

although I'm sick and couldn't sleep and that might be the plague talking

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I still think fantasy baseball is the best because it's the most realistic. Kinda. Is there a gaf fantasy baseball league?

I still think fantasy baseball is the best because it's the most realistic. Kinda. Is there a gaf fantasy baseball league?

Dynasty Fantasy Baseball is number #1. Nothing like drafting Mike Trout before he even signs a major league deal and having him for five years for a dollar. I'd do a GAF dynasty league in a second. I like Head to Head better than Rotisserie

Tabris

You know why fantasy football is the best? Because you have 15-16 days of entertainment. Each Sunday means something and you can just dedicate your day to Sunday Ticket to watch all your players.

None of the other fantasy types make me want to watch the other games outside of my team. They just make me want to check scores and maybe highlights. Maybe because it's too much work? and also that single game doesn't mean as much for the fantasy week.

Top Bottom