• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

jakncoke

Banned
And he's a better looking man than Jimmy Grappolo with more championship rings.

1989_Hou_Brister.jpg

Arc

PatsGaf would you take Johnson for dirt cheap if Vereen leaves? He's a good receiver out of the backfield.

Ehh. The veteran minimum is still more than we'll be paying White next year who was clearly drafted to replace Vareen.

Jarnet87

Seems to be the case. Wish they would just sign him rather than kicking the can down the road.

I wouldn't disagree with Denver only franchise tagging him. Give it another year with Peyton and hope to win it all. Realistically there will be a drop off in his production without Peyton and they'll be paying him top WR movie if its a long term deal.

Bread

Banned
Ehh. The veteran minimum is still more than we'll be paying White next year who was clearly drafted to replace Vareen.
It's asking a lot of White to take over Vereen's place in the offense. Vereen just had the best game of his career on the biggest stage, I want him back. He's the unsung hero of the offense.

Godslay

Banned
I wouldn't disagree with Denver only franchise tagging him. Give it another year with Peyton and hope to win it all. Realistically there will be a drop off in his production without Peyton and they'll be paying him top WR movie if its a long term deal.

I'd just rather have him signed long term for the next guy. Sure his production will probably decrease with Peyton gone, but if he signs a decent deal that money down the road will seem less because the cap will rise and the money that Peyton eats up will be off the books.

I'd rather have the pieces locked up around the QB then have to try and sign them or lure them back with a unproven QB leading the team. Brock can come in and have weapons and help around him. It might be a giant waste of money if they don't have a decent QB in Brock or Dysert, but they believe that Brock is the guy after Manning. So in my opinion lock the team up while Brock is still cheap.

Bread

Banned
Not really. He didn't do anything special in that game except for the 1 handed catch. He's easily replaceable.
Not sure if :tp

Fuck it I'll play along. 11 catches, he kept the linebackers out of the middle of the field, and he pass protected. Huge game, he's right behind Tommy and Edelgod as my MVP.

Tom Penny

She's prertty, but has the features of a boy. DATLACKOFASS

She's no Fenny of Argentina..

Not sure if :tp

Fuck it I'll play along. 11 catches, he kept the linebackers out of the middle of the field, and he pass protected. Huge game, he's right behind Tommy and Edelgod as my MVP.

If you don't think they can find a RB that can run out to the Flats and catch balls for 4 yard gains you're high.

Arc

It's asking a lot of White to take over Vereen's place in the offense. Vereen just had the best game of his career on the biggest stage, I want him back. He's the unsung hero of the offense.

I want him back too, but he'll get bigger offers, especially after the game he had in the Superbowl. We both know Belichick will let him go if a bidding war starts.

Bread

Banned
If you don't think they can find a RB that can run out to the Flats and catch balls for 4 yard gains you're high.
I didn't say he was irreplaceable, and I really doubt a guy who is a below average runner between the tackles will get paid well by some other team this offseason.

Without Vereen they don't win that game, are we sure White is any good?

Bread

Banned
Woodhead's best year is better than Vereen's and he got 3 years for 7 mil and you guy want to pay him real money LOL
I never said I wanted to pay him "real money", in fact I just said I don't think he's getting paid well by any other team.

Go :tp someone else.

brentech

ibwcp6H6EgUYti.gif

Seeing the same image almost day over day is really annoying. I found this gif looking for a completely unrelated gif from Bloodsport

Tom Penny

I never said I wanted to pay him "real money", in fact I just said I don't think he's getting paid well by any other team.

Go :tp someone else.

Actually consensus around here is that people think a dumb team will pay him. You called him the unsung hero of the offense lol

Tom Penny

In the super bowl he was absolutely the unsung hero, go watch the game again if you disagree.

I think there are plenty of backs that could have did what he did though. That was scheme related and not because Vereen was doing anything particularly special.They won't skip a beat with any 3rd down back that can block.

Top Bottom